So the PS Vita is officially a laughing stock?

#41Devil_wings00Posted 11/5/2012 1:08:30 PM
Thug4L1fe posted...
Yeah AC:L couldn't even run on 3DS
Persona 4
NFS
Soul Sacrifice
Zero Escape.

Vita is stating to earn it's tag and in 3-5 years 3DS will need a new machine to keep up with Vita's awesomeness.

Not really the DS outsold the PSP handily and it was around for what 7 years and the PSP was more powerful. Power has nothing to do with success. It all comes down to software and marketing. Vita has enough software but sony has decided that marketing isn't worth there time. I haven't seen any ad's for the thing since the initial ad's when it launched.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#42KevinCCPosted 11/5/2012 1:11:58 PM
The potential for the Vita was enormous. It is still young, true, but it hasn't come anywhere close to living up to its expectations. I'm still wary of declaring it a "failure", as it's still getting games and sales, but it is nowhere near a success - nowhere near the PSP.

Major factors in this are the price point of the memory sticks, the limited selections of certain genres such as JRPGs, the inability to play UMDs (requiring a second purchase of the same game to play it on the Vita if it was initially purchased as a UMD), and yes, the lower amount of advertising. Having the 3DS around isn't helping it, either, nor is the fact that the 3DS is cheaper and comes with a memory stick.

Don't get me wrong - I'd love to see the Vita succeed, but it would require a miracle or two at this point in time... Persona 4, amazing as the game is, won't be enough on its own...
---
...as opposed to an average game.
#43CompassPosted 11/5/2012 1:14:50 PM
::enters topic and does a quick scan, expecting panicky SonyPony damage control::

Oxn518 posted...
I bet you the 4DS wont be as powerful as the Vita unlocked.

::leaves wholly satisfied::
#44Devil_wings00Posted 11/5/2012 1:17:33 PM
I dunno I have no incentive to buy one at this point. The gouging for memory stick's turned me off from a day one purchase (seriously not including on board memory in 2012 is complete horsecrap when cellphones have 8-16gb at the low end on pretty much every phone) and nothing truly remarkable has come of the system so far. If it continues to do poorly then Sony/developers will just slow support for it and buying it will make even less sense. I mean it isn't even selling in japan and that place is NUTS for portable gaming.
---
3570k @ 4.6, GTX 580 @ 980/2106, ASUS Sabertooth z77, 8GB G.Skill Sniper 1600MHZ, 2 Mushkin Chronos in raid0, 1TB WD black.
#45danielmaynardPosted 11/5/2012 1:24:24 PM
KevinCC posted...
... the inability to play UMDs (requiring a second purchase of the same game to play it on the Vita if it was initially purchased as a UMD)...

People really underestimate how much this has effected the Vita. I'd still have my Vita if I could of played my UMD collection on it, but with lack of physical BC and the lack of games announced at E3 I sold my Vita on Craigslist right after E3. You also forgot to mention that even if you are willing to repay to download the game that there are quite a few games on UMD that aren't even available to download.
#46FayeLadyPosted 11/5/2012 2:19:35 PM
danielmaynard posted...
KevinCC posted...
... the inability to play UMDs (requiring a second purchase of the same game to play it on the Vita if it was initially purchased as a UMD)...

People really underestimate how much this has effected the Vita. I'd still have my Vita if I could of played my UMD collection on it, but with lack of physical BC and the lack of games announced at E3 I sold my Vita on Craigslist right after E3. You also forgot to mention that even if you are willing to repay to download the game that there are quite a few games on UMD that aren't even available to download.

Furthermore, Even if you don't mind rebuying a game and it is available on the PSN store you still have to spend more money for less storage just to store it on a Vita memory card.
This is the final slap in the face to the PSP go owner who might have 16GB+ of content to store.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#47PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/5/2012 2:25:15 PM
UnderratedGamer posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
MidgardDragon99 posted...
alexg1989 posted...
pay him no mind.. if people would just not post in these threads, they wouldn't keep posting them...

now I realize I'm a hypocrite for posting here, but I won't... unless I feel like it.

If only reporting trolls to the mods actually did anything people might not feel the need to post in these threads to combat the losers.

Your signature is probably the most ignorant POS statement I have ever seen.

Oh, I'm fully aware.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#48PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/5/2012 2:26:22 PM
nariusseldon posted...
Oxn518 posted...
Thug4L1fe posted...
Yeah AC:L couldn't even run on 3DS
Persona 4
NFS
Soul Sacrifice
Zero Escape.

Vita is stating to earn it's tag and in 3-5 years 3DS will need a new machine to keep up with Vita's awesomeness.

I bet you the 4DS wont be as powerful as the Vita unlocked.

And i bet you the vita unlocked will not be as powerful as the next andriod phone/iphone, if not the current one.

Don't start with that again.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#49SilverWingZetaPosted 11/5/2012 2:27:54 PM
Gizmondo did worse
---
Gamefaqs seems to full of nothing but butthurt babies sometimes.
#50Shadowfxd2Posted 11/5/2012 2:30:00 PM
The only ones laughing are the broke losers who cant afford it. Vita/3ds master race.

I own a Vita and feel like those who don't own a vita are smart, not poor!
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg