So the PS Vita is officially a laughing stock?

#51jairusmonillasPosted 11/5/2012 2:44:22 PM
PS3 was the laughing stock, Wii ran out of gas, now Wii is the laughing stock.

PSVita was the laughing stock, 3DS will ran out of gas, 3DS will be the laughing stock.
#52Shadowfxd2Posted 11/5/2012 2:58:35 PM

PSVita was the laughing stock, 3DS will ran out of gas, 3DS will be the laughing stock.

That's exactly what's not going to happen. See DS vs PSP.
---
http://i.imgur.com/NbGmq.jpg, http://i.imgur.com/ARXXY.jpg
Equals: http://i.imgur.com/ZpBae.jpg, Hmmm: http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/29629070.jpg
#53JeroisourosinPosted 11/5/2012 3:00:43 PM
The fanbase plays a bigger part in making it a laughing stock than the sales.
---
Official Nargacuga of the MH3/U board
3DS FC: 3093 - 7304 - 9480
#54jairusmonillasPosted 11/5/2012 3:01:59 PM
Shadowfxd2 posted...

That's exactly what's not going to happen. See DS vs PSP.

Oh I see PSP still alive, DS is dead LOL and PSP has way better games. LOL!
#55xfactorPosted 11/5/2012 3:06:57 PM
FayeLady posted...
BossBang posted...
FayeLady posted...
MyWifeBeatsMe posted...
No other console/handheld of this magnitude failed this hard

That isn't really true. Most recently the PSP Go and the Gameboy Micro failed for the same lack of compatibility and pricing schemes the Vita is failing with.

So while they don't seem to learn very well, you can hardly say they are the first to fail in this way.

You're saying the Micro, which released after the DS came out, didn't sell like hotcakes because it couldn't play Gameboy color games?

<_<

And as for as the Go, it released towards the end of the PSP's lifespan and was supposed to be an option for gamers who preferred digital games. Not a PSP successor.

Neither of those platforms were designed to "take over the market", they were just alternative devices designed to be more convenient for the gamer.

No, im say lack of compatibility was a huge issue for both of them. Not just games, but chargers, cables, memory, whatever else. The fact they cost more than their predecessors (GBASP and PSP3k) and played fewer games was also a huge issue. The Micro and to an even larger extent, the Go were not about being convenient, they were about limiting the users choice to they type of game that would be more profitable. This is a similar philosophy that drives the Vita, yet people are surprised consumers aren't embracing it.

I think both are really just test products in the first place and not to mention both are revisions not a full fledge successor, hence its kind of weird to place them in a side by side comparison with the vita here.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#56townparkradioPosted 11/5/2012 5:42:31 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#57townparkradioPosted 11/5/2012 5:43:25 PM
Pigfarts posted...
MyWifeBeatsMe posted...
It's really hilarious how bad the Vita is doing. No other console/handheld of this magnitude failed this hard

virtual boy and jaguar, turbo graphic 16, sega CD, the list goes on for concoles that did worse.

The TG actually had an excellent run, and lasted a very long time in Japan and Europe. It's run in the US wasn't bad either. NEC didn't find it profitable ENOUGH, and closed their US branch. They wanted NES numbers in an already saturated market.
#58__starsnostarsPosted 11/5/2012 5:47:18 PM
Name one other system that had 38(!!!) 70+ titles on metacritic within 9 months of its release, I dare you.

38 titles with 70+ rating
0 titles with 90+ rating

Give me quality over quantity.
---
That's our bones in the dust shining like the sun
We were golden We were golden We were golden
#59townparkradioPosted 11/5/2012 6:20:10 PM
jairusmonillas posted...

Wait what? The Wii didn;t run out of gas, it achieved market saturation.