Sony finally admits vita sales "below expectation" and still lack of support

#21nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 10:56:47 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
That's an old comment from Shuhei Yoshida.

Old comment? it is from a french interview published on 11/05/2012.
#22squatch22Posted 11/6/2012 10:57:28 AM
TheBlackBat7 posted...
This is good. Now they'll focus on more ways to boost sales and support. Might make them think outside the box.

I don't that's possible at this point. The days of dedicated handhelds seem over.

Thats why Sonys dedicated handheld competitor is successful yeah?
---
SoE posted: I'm not a being a rabid fanboy of one console when I ruthlessly defend the Vita
http://www.jc-news.com/gfx/gaf/lol/nintendo_cycle.png
#23nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 10:57:58 AM
FKRW4Life posted...
nariusseldon posted...
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2012/11/yoshida_playstation_vita_sales_are_below_expectations

"Chatting candidly with French website Lemonde, Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida revealed that the platform's sales are “below expectations”.

“Consumers now have multimedia devices, such as smartphones,” the outspoken executive noted. “These devices include the ability to play, and it is difficult for us to justify the purchase of an additional machine.”

"In another, almost defeatist snippet, Yoshida lamented the changed focus of mobile developers: “With the rise of mobile gaming, studios have started to transition, allocating more resources to this type of production,” he added. “Even if the creators want to develop games on the Vita, they unfortunately have fewer resources to do so. One solution is to encourage the support of the platform by smaller development studios.”

I don't get it Facts. What exactly do you want? What is the purpose of your posts? Is there any? Do you just want to get a rise out of people?

If the vita does well will you post positive articles? If it goes under what will you do for a living with no more news to report? You have a lot invested in this system...

Why do you care of what i want? Facts are facts. Whether i love the vita, or just want to pass time .. has zero impact on the article, and what it says.
#24PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/6/2012 11:00:30 AM
serenade_beta posted...
lol at Sony fanboys going crazy.
"H-how dare you tell me what is happening in reality?!"
Curse Sony for trolling!

Sad at the fact people still use the term "fanboy" without realizing what it means.

A "fanboy" is someone who will attack anyone who talks negatively about a certain product. No matter the situation, they will trash talk all other products that are in the same field as their product just to try to convince people that their product is superior.

I enjoy my Vita, but I also enjoy my 360 and DS. I'm on the verge of hating Sony because of the way they are handling the Vita, but I take offense to TC's topics because he posts so frequent and constantly, downplaying the Vita (especially when comparing it to tablets and phones out of all things) only to get a rise out of people. So when I make a comment on his topics showing how much I a disapprove of his methods, does that make me a "fanboy" as well?

While there are indeed "fanboys" that frequent this board, there are none in this particular topic.

nariusseldon dedicates his life to finding articles discussing how poorly the Vita is selling. Everyone on this board knows the situation the Vita is in, and yet he feels the need to, almost on a daily basis, post these articles that all pretty much say the same thing. He does it to get a rise out of people, not to have intelligent discussions. When someone does something like that, that is considered trolling.

He's stated multiple times that even if there is a positive article that arise, he will not post it. If he enjoys posting facts and articles, why avoid the positive ones? Again, signs of an obvious troll.

I hope this has been informing for you.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#25nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 11:00:39 AM
serenade_beta posted...
Curse Sony for trolling!

The Vita sales are low. So what? How does that affect you?

It affects me in the following way. It will impact 3rd party support (which Sony also discuss) and so it is a factor in my decision of whether to purchase.

Secondly, it is interesting discussion about what Sony admits and says.
#26FKRW4LifePosted 11/6/2012 11:01:49 AM
nariusseldon posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
nariusseldon posted...
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2012/11/yoshida_playstation_vita_sales_are_below_expectations

"Chatting candidly with French website Lemonde, Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida revealed that the platform's sales are “below expectations”.

“Consumers now have multimedia devices, such as smartphones,” the outspoken executive noted. “These devices include the ability to play, and it is difficult for us to justify the purchase of an additional machine.”

"In another, almost defeatist snippet, Yoshida lamented the changed focus of mobile developers: “With the rise of mobile gaming, studios have started to transition, allocating more resources to this type of production,” he added. “Even if the creators want to develop games on the Vita, they unfortunately have fewer resources to do so. One solution is to encourage the support of the platform by smaller development studios.”

I don't get it Facts. What exactly do you want? What is the purpose of your posts? Is there any? Do you just want to get a rise out of people?

If the vita does well will you post positive articles? If it goes under what will you do for a living with no more news to report? You have a lot invested in this system...

Why do you care of what i want? Facts are facts. Whether i love the vita, or just want to pass time .. has zero impact on the article, and what it says.

I'm not talking about the article facts. I read that article befre you even shared it and am well aware of the truths it tells.

I'm asking about you. Why do you hide behind this troll character you've created than answering simple questions? Are you that intimidated? You spend more time than any other poster here looking for articles about the vita. All of which have been negative, doom and gloom filled pieces. You're more obsessed and passionate about the vita than anyone else on this forum! Lmao.
---
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate
#27FKRW4LifePosted 11/6/2012 11:04:47 AM
nariusseldon posted...
serenade_beta posted...
Curse Sony for trolling!

The Vita sales are low. So what? How does that affect you?

It affects me in the following way. It will impact 3rd party support (which Sony also discuss) and so it is a factor in my decision of whether to purchase.

Secondly, it is interesting discussion about what Sony admits and says.

So you DO want a vita!

What third party support do you want? If you're a phone gamer don't you want mobile app support with buttons? I want that myself.
---
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate
#28PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/6/2012 11:04:52 AM
And the crazy part is he doesn't even own a Vita. If you dislike a product so much, why are you on this board so much? Oh let me guess. Because you want people to be informed.

Our very own Gamefaqs savior, Captain Save-a-Buyer!
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#29gray_fox_00Posted 11/6/2012 11:07:47 AM
Compass posted...
serenade_beta posted...
Curse Sony for trolling!

Definitely this.

You do know there was only one person that made a post anywhere close to what you described right? And that still wasn't "going crazy". And one person cannot be plural unless that's been changed recently.

You just kind of seem like that idiot friend we all have that exaggerates the hell out of everything. The one upper.

Nice to see Compass latching onto anything to get a rise out of the fanboy(s) with his signature "this". How are you doing today?
---
A word to the wise ain't necessary - it's the stupid ones that need the advice
#30nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 11:09:03 AM
FKRW4Life posted...
nariusseldon posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
nariusseldon posted...

I'm not talking about the article facts. I read that article befre you even shared it and am well aware of the truths it tells.

I'm asking about you. Why do you hide behind this troll character you've created than answering simple questions? Are you that intimidated? You spend more time than any other poster here looking for articles about the vita. All of which have been negative, doom and gloom filled pieces. You're more obsessed and passionate about the vita than anyone else on this forum! Lmao.

I found it interesting? I don't see it posted here, which OBVIOUS is relevant to vita.