Sony finally admits vita sales "below expectation" and still lack of support

#31LuminescentRulePosted 11/6/2012 10:13:33 AM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
And the crazy part is he doesn't even own a Vita. If you dislike a product so much, why are you on this board so much? Oh let me guess. Because you want people to be informed.

Our very own Gamefaqs savior, Captain Save-a-Buyer!

Really? Wow. Is he that pathetic?
---
Sent from my iPhone via PowerFAQs 1.10
#32ZamnatoPosted 11/6/2012 10:16:23 AM
Well, sony admits that, but its not the end of ps vita.
#33PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/6/2012 10:17:03 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
And the crazy part is he doesn't even own a Vita. If you dislike a product so much, why are you on this board so much? Oh let me guess. Because you want people to be informed.

Our very own Gamefaqs savior, Captain Save-a-Buyer!

Really? Wow. Is he that pathetic?

Yea he is. I will give it to him, to post as much crap as he does and to not get banned, it's pretty amazing.

And I don't mean banned because he's posting something bad about the Vita. But his blatant intent in pissing people off by the way he carries his discussions...ugh.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#34FKRW4LifePosted 11/6/2012 10:21:10 AM
nariusseldon posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
nariusseldon posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
nariusseldon posted...
http://www.pushsquare.com/news/2012/11/yoshida_playstation_vita_sales_are_below_expectations

"Chatting candidly with French website Lemonde, Sony Worldwide Studios president Shuhei Yoshida revealed that the platform's sales are “below expectations”.

“Consumers now have multimedia devices, such as smartphones,” the outspoken executive noted. “These devices include the ability to play, and it is difficult for us to justify the purchase of an additional machine.”

"In another, almost defeatist snippet, Yoshida lamented the changed focus of mobile developers: “With the rise of mobile gaming, studios have started to transition, allocating more resources to this type of production,” he added. “Even if the creators want to develop games on the Vita, they unfortunately have fewer resources to do so. One solution is to encourage the support of the platform by smaller development studios.”

I don't get it Facts. What exactly do you want? What is the purpose of your posts? Is there any? Do you just want to get a rise out of people?

If the vita does well will you post positive articles? If it goes under what will you do for a living with no more news to report? You have a lot invested in this system...

Why do you care of what i want? Facts are facts. Whether i love the vita, or just want to pass time .. has zero impact on the article, and what it says.

I'm not talking about the article facts. I read that article befre you even shared it and am well aware of the truths it tells.

I'm asking about you. Why do you hide behind this troll character you've created than answering simple questions? Are you that intimidated? You spend more time than any other poster here looking for articles about the vita. All of which have been negative, doom and gloom filled pieces. You're more obsessed and passionate about the vita than anyone else on this forum! Lmao.

I found it interesting? I don't see it posted here, which OBVIOUS is relevant to vita.

Now now, no need to shout. I'm right here Facts. We aren't talking about the relevancy, were talking about the consistency. Will you address my abundance of questions or have you become too intimidated?
---
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate
#35Raven-ZPosted 11/6/2012 10:26:52 AM
Sony need to bite the bullet and slash the cost, then market it at its new low price and bundle a 4gb memory card with each one.

Nobody is going to develop software if the install base is tiny compared to its competitors. Sony need to absorb the cost to make the Vita a hit and then recoup later like they did with the PS3. The Vita can potentially be a hit with a long lifespan ahead but ONLY if Sony don't let the market slip away to 3DS/iOS. Remember what happened with the 360.
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#36RD_21Posted 11/6/2012 10:28:01 AM
Oh man they admitted what everyone know... VICTORY!!!!!!!

/end sarcasm
#37Fat_Vita_BoyPosted 11/6/2012 10:28:26 AM
Great, Vita probably wont make it. I'm getting really sad.
---
http://i.imgur.com/pTocP.gif
My Mom says I'm cute :)
#38PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/6/2012 10:28:57 AM
Raven-Z posted...
Sony need to bite the bullet and slash the cost, then market it at its new low price and bundle a 4gb memory card with each one.

Nobody is going to develop software if the install base is tiny compared to its competitors. Sony need to absorb the cost to make the Vita a hit and then recoup later like they did with the PS3. The Vita can potentially be a hit with a long lifespan ahead but ONLY if Sony don't let the market slip away to 3DS/iOS. Remember what happened with the 360.

Damn it, hit the nail right on the head. Sony is a prideful company, and that pride is going to be the death of them.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#39PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/6/2012 10:30:31 AM
And it's getting so annoying seeing all his posts get at least 50 responses when insightful posts and posts asking legitimate questions barely fill up their first page.
---
#40Emperor_GestahlPosted 11/6/2012 10:32:41 AM
RD_21 posted...
Oh man they admitted what everyone know... VICTORY!!!!!!!

/end sarcasm

Actually saying it out loud seems like could be a dangerous thing though. What investors will have confidence in Sony if this is the confidence they display in their own products? On the other hand I guess they don't want to appear delirious to investors either...