Sony finally admits vita sales "below expectation" and still lack of support

#41nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 11:53:48 AM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
And it's getting so annoying seeing all his posts get at least 50 responses when insightful posts and posts asking legitimate questions barely fill up their first page.

Because it is an interesting topic. Once again facts speak for themselves. If my posts get 50 responses, and have discussions, i must be doing something right.
#42BlackPhoenix127Posted 11/6/2012 11:57:43 AM
Raven-Z posted...
Sony need to bite the bullet and slash the cost, then market it at its new low price and bundle a 4gb memory card with each one.

Nobody is going to develop software if the install base is tiny compared to its competitors. Sony need to absorb the cost to make the Vita a hit and then recoup later like they did with the PS3. The Vita can potentially be a hit with a long lifespan ahead but ONLY if Sony don't let the market slip away to 3DS/iOS. Remember what happened with the 360.

I agree with all of the above except that they should emulate what they did with the PS3. Even though the PS3 is now selling at a profit, it still hasn't gotten them back all of their PS1 and PS2 money that they burned selling it at a loss.

This is part of a bigger problem, namely that Sony has never bothered to give people an iron clad reason for owning their stuff. They've always relied on third parties to supply the must have games, but third party exclusives are dying. They have a lot of 1st party IPs, but none of which have made it to Mario or Master Chief status of gaming mascot. And in the handheld realm it's even worse.

Handheld versions of console games aren't going to get people excited. An innovative, original, and handheld exclusive IP is what they need to create, aka their pokemon.
---
PSN: Azure-Edge
#43ZamnatoPosted 11/6/2012 11:58:30 AM
nariusseldon posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
And it's getting so annoying seeing all his posts get at least 50 responses when insightful posts and posts asking legitimate questions barely fill up their first page.

Because it is an interesting topic. Once again facts speak for themselves. If my posts get 50 responses, and have discussions, i must be doing something right.

Not really an interesting topic, Mr. TrollFacts.
#44nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 12:01:47 PM
Zamnato posted...
nariusseldon posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

Not really an interesting topic, Mr. TrollFacts.

Then why are you bumping? I will let the post count speaks for itself. If it is not interesting, you are welcome to ignore.
#45CompassPosted 11/6/2012 12:02:50 PM
Whoa. Fanboys are absolutely outraged over this topic. What the heck. Breathe, guys. They are simply facts, and from Sony's mouth no less. You're gonna get through this.
#46FKRW4LifePosted 11/6/2012 12:05:59 PM
Compass posted...
Whoa. Fanboys are absolutely outraged over this topic. What the heck. Breathe, guys. They are simply facts, and from Sony's mouth no less. You're gonna get through this.

Lmao. You're as cute as a wart covered button troll
---
Vita Flopic creators = schadenfreude
Legit discussion on sales = intelligent debate
#47PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/6/2012 12:09:16 PM
nariusseldon posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

If you want to post statistics and facts, the "people who agree with you" to "people who are tired of you" ratio does not back your "because it's an interesting topic" statement.

I'd say it's equivalent to a 10:1 ratio.

So you are indeed "doing something right" in troll logic.

Congrats. lol
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#48nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 12:10:46 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
nariusseldon posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...

If you want to post statistics and facts, the "people who agree with you" to "people who are tired of you" ratio does not back your "because it's an interesting topic" statement.

I'd say it's equivalent to a 10:1 ratio.

So you are indeed "doing something right" in troll logic.

Congrats. lol

Do you actually have a count? You have data backing it up? In fact, i count you as one of those "interested" since you post so much in my topics.

Keep it up!
#49PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/6/2012 12:13:44 PM
FKRW4Life posted...
Compass posted...

Lmao. You're as cute as a wart covered button troll

Yea, every one of his responses has the word "fanboy" in it. I don't think he knows how to communicate intelligently.

Me personally, I love Nintendo, like Microsoft, and hate Sony. But I'm also enjoying my Vita right now.

I'm guessing when you put the word "like" or "enjoy" in the same sentence with the word Vita, then you're labeled a "fanboy". Ah well.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#50drothegreat0nePosted 11/6/2012 12:29:20 PM
Nothing better than a cup of butthurt in the morning...