Sony finally admits vita sales "below expectation" and still lack of support

#51Arsene-LupinPosted 11/6/2012 12:33:07 PM
Mobile phones are not the Vita's problem. Sony ignoring the Vita is the Vita's problem.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#52nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 12:33:52 PM
Arsene-Lupin posted...
Mobile phones are not the Vita's problem. Sony ignoring the Vita is the Vita's problem.

That is not what this sony exec said. Why do you disagree? You think you know their business better? Can you give your reasons?
#53CompassPosted 11/6/2012 1:09:32 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
Compass posted...
Whoa. Fanboys are absolutely outraged over this topic. What the heck. Breathe, guys. They are simply facts, and from Sony's mouth no less. You're gonna get through this.

Lmao. You're as cute as a wart covered button troll

Yea, every one of his responses has the word "fanboy" in it. I don't think he knows how to communicate intelligently.

Me personally, I love Nintendo, like Microsoft, and hate Sony. But I'm also enjoying my Vita right now.

I'm guessing when you put the word "like" or "enjoy" in the same sentence with the word Vita, then you're labeled a "fanboy". Ah well.

Uh, what? I'm enjoying my Vita right now, too. VLR ftw. And P4G in a couple weeks.

I can still read this topic which merely reports facts without flying into a rage over TC's purported intentions. Those who can't? Well, I think we all know what they are.
#54PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/6/2012 1:30:47 PM
Compass posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
Compass posted...
Whoa. Fanboys are absolutely outraged over this topic. What the heck. Breathe, guys. They are simply facts, and from Sony's mouth no less. You're gonna get through this.

Lmao. You're as cute as a wart covered button troll

Yea, every one of his responses has the word "fanboy" in it. I don't think he knows how to communicate intelligently.

Me personally, I love Nintendo, like Microsoft, and hate Sony. But I'm also enjoying my Vita right now.

I'm guessing when you put the word "like" or "enjoy" in the same sentence with the word Vita, then you're labeled a "fanboy". Ah well.

Uh, what? I'm enjoying my Vita right now, too. VLR ftw. And P4G in a couple weeks.

I can still read this topic which merely reports facts without flying into a rage over TC's purported intentions. Those who can't? Well, I think we all know what they are.

I can also read a topic which merely report facts. But when you do it in a manner the way TC does, you're going to get people who "fly into a rage".

You and I both know he posts these topics, all of which are about how poorly the Vita is selling and how it lacks 3rd party support, just to get a rise out of people. It's one thing to post every now and then something that people may not be aware of. But when you post almost daily, articles about the state the Vita is in, which are all pretty much saying the same thing, then I can understand how people would take that as trolling. Like I do.

And when people, like you, come into his topics and attack people that disagree with him by calling them "fanboys" and "butthurt"....you see what I'm getting at?

Now you can play like you're this guy who plays it straight up the middle and calls it how he sees it, but we both know your intentions.

That's all I got to say.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#55CompassPosted 11/6/2012 1:45:13 PM
lol. But the only people he will get a rise out of are fanboys. By definition. Otherwise how do you explain those of us who own Vitas and are not threatened by the exact same topics?
#56EvilSock1990Posted 11/6/2012 1:59:01 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lm_GPkOfVKI
---
Brought to you by PlayStation Vita Cinema snack Fun Land - Gotta breed 'em all.
I'm kinda sticky from the charmander thing. -Socky
#57360pagesPosted 11/6/2012 2:01:33 PM
The 3ds is selling just fine with tne phones all over the place. The Vita is failing because sony is derping not because of phones
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#58Arsene-LupinPosted 11/6/2012 2:14:34 PM
Arsene-Lupin posted...

That is not what this sony exec said. Why do you disagree? You think you know their business better? Can you give your reasons?

But it was. He was blaming the Vita's lackluster performance on competition with the mobile market.

As for me thinking I know better... good God, you really have to ask something like that? Sony isn't advertising the Vita. They failed to line up a steady release schedule (five months with zero games!). They've failed to capitalize (or at all utilize) the PSN Store for the Vita--which would have been a great way to encourage their current PS3 customers to get a Vita, but because they've failed on this front they're actively discouraging those current PS3 customers. They've also failed at gathering 3rd party support, and at encouraging localization, allowing many excellent tittles to fade into obscurity in Japan.

So could I do better? Almost -anyone- could do better, because the operative verb here is DO, and Sony hasn't really done much of anything.
---
"And you see where that can lead you, into what mistakes and absurdities, when you are dealing with a man like Arsene Lupin."
#59MegaMettaurPosted 11/6/2012 2:17:40 PM
Nariusseldon still at his day job I see.
---
Playing (vita): Disgaea 1&2, UMvC3, MGSHD, BBCS2 EX. PSN: Roksor.
See that? I'm actually playing my Vita. Scrubs.
#60AnclationPosted 11/6/2012 2:24:02 PM
It's kinda sad that someone from Sony acknowledging reality is considered newsworthy.