ACL sold 100k first week, AC3 sold 3.1M

#41nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/6/2012 2:23:27 PM
Zamnato posted...
I can't believe!!!!!! Nariusseldon post a positive topic!!!!!!!!!

Its the APOCALIPSE INCOMING! Run!

beware .. anything can happen on the internet.
#42Clutch-ThreePosted 11/6/2012 2:48:49 PM
PlayStation Vita haven't even sold 3 million units vs. 65 million PlayStation 3 + 70 million Xbox 360 + Varied gaming PC owners.
It's no contest looking at sales numbers. Nobody expected ACL sales to even come close to multi-platform, older and more established AC3 market.
That's like comparing career stats of Michael Jordan to first year rookie Anthony Davis.

It's better to look at percentage. 2.2% (Probably lower, since I didn't count PC owners into the percentage.) of the console owners bought AC3 vs. 3.3% of the PlayStation Vita owners. ACL didn't do too bad now.
#43TomorrowDogPosted 11/6/2012 2:55:14 PM
Those sales pretty much couldn't be better for ACL, so I'm sure to whoever high up that it matters to that they are pleased.
---
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid." - Catbert
#44NnamzPosted 11/6/2012 2:59:19 PM
It took a few dozen posts before the predictable negative spin put on by one of the same predictable reductive users. That's way to slow. This topic needs MOAR negativity.

On topic: Solid numbers for first week. Title should have legs because of the bundle, being that there is literally no reason to buy the standard model Vita as long as the bundles are in stock.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#45yankee6903Posted 11/6/2012 3:07:05 PM
Clutch-Three posted...
PlayStation Vita haven't even sold 3 million units vs. 65 million PlayStation 3 + 70 million Xbox 360 + Varied gaming PC owners.
It's no contest looking at sales numbers. Nobody expected ACL sales to even come close to multi-platform, older and more established AC3 market.
That's like comparing career stats of Michael Jordan to first year rookie Anthony Davis.

It's better to look at percentage. 2.2% (Probably lower, since I didn't count PC owners into the percentage.) of the console owners bought AC3 vs. 3.3% of the PlayStation Vita owners. ACL didn't do too bad now.

Vita has definitely sold more than 3MM.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#46JobocanPosted 11/6/2012 3:12:41 PM
yankee6903 posted...
Clutch-Three posted...

3.1M isn't much more than 3M you know...
---
www.vgcollect.com/jobocan - My Collection
#47Clutch-ThreePosted 11/6/2012 3:19:41 PM
yankee6903 posted...
Clutch-Three posted...

Can you back that up?
Sony will not share their latest sales numbers, because they're too low and bad for publicity.
However, we can make an educated guess from the sales figures they released in the past.
PlayStation Vita initial sales month after release: 1.2 million
Latest sales figure released by Sony in late August: 2.2 million
Only gained 1 million in sales in 6 months and it's only been two months, there's no way Vita sold over 3 million.

Source or just Google it yourself:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps-vita-sales-at-lowly-2-2m-little-love-for-big-handheld
#48paperwariorPosted 11/6/2012 3:58:08 PM
Man, does that include the bundles?
---
"God Hand is the ultimate expression of the joy of humanity, specifically the punching part of the joy of humanity."-Shigeru Miyamoto
#49NnamzPosted 11/6/2012 4:05:33 PM
paperwarior posted...
Man, does that include the bundles?

Almost positive it does. It does not include digital sales, though.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#50kakashik99992Posted 11/6/2012 4:18:05 PM
Source: VGChartz