ACL sold 100k first week, AC3 sold 3.1M

#61RetroFanGirlPosted 11/6/2012 7:14:16 PM
Sadly, Liberation looked better, though it has some flaws.
---
http://imgur.com/1rQCf
^GameFAQs itself is trolling me.
#62yankee6903Posted 11/6/2012 7:14:51 PM
Clutch-Three posted...
yankee6903 posted...
Clutch-Three posted...
PlayStation Vita haven't even sold 3 million units vs. 65 million PlayStation 3 + 70 million Xbox 360 + Varied gaming PC owners.
It's no contest looking at sales numbers. Nobody expected ACL sales to even come close to multi-platform, older and more established AC3 market.
That's like comparing career stats of Michael Jordan to first year rookie Anthony Davis.

It's better to look at percentage. 2.2% (Probably lower, since I didn't count PC owners into the percentage.) of the console owners bought AC3 vs. 3.3% of the PlayStation Vita owners. ACL didn't do too bad now.

Vita has definitely sold more than 3MM.

Can you back that up?
Sony will not share their latest sales numbers, because they're too low and bad for publicity.
However, we can make an educated guess from the sales figures they released in the past.
PlayStation Vita initial sales month after release: 1.2 million
Latest sales figure released by Sony in late August: 2.2 million
Only gained 1 million in sales in 6 months and it's only been two months, there's no way Vita sold over 3 million.

Source or just Google it yourself:
http://www.trustedreviews.com/news/ps-vita-sales-at-lowly-2-2m-little-love-for-big-handheld

http://www.vgchartz.com/analysis/platform_totals/

3.1MM

Yes its vgchartz but all they do is regurgitate NPD and other sites numbers...plus this is couple weeks old so would not have the AC bundles in it yet.
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#63MegaMettaurPosted 11/6/2012 7:16:16 PM
Slaysme posted...
You people get obsessed with these assumptions of people you DO NOT KNOW. I'm me, when I'm here. Not some made up person. People are not what you who become lost in the depths of the net seem to think they are. Learn to read content before user name, at least sometimes. Communication shouldn't be ceased because of who is speaking, and that does not make their words irrelevant.

I take it you don't frequent these boards.
---
Playing (vita): Disgaea 1&2, UMvC3, MGSHD, BBCS2 EX. PSN: Roksor.
See that? I'm actually playing my Vita. Scrubs.
#64StrikeNinja24Posted 11/6/2012 7:27:40 PM
MegaMettaur posted...
MarioKartDavid posted...
100k is nothing overwhelming, miku sold over 150k

Both of those numbers are overwhelming when you consider that most other games probably haven't even sold that many in their life time.

In WW numbers?

....No. That's like the extreme niche game numbers. Granted, Miku was just Japan, but so far I'm going with this number being WW numbers.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#65OtakuD50Posted 11/6/2012 7:34:40 PM
alexg1989 posted...
This is actually good news for ACL... dumb troll TC thought he was posting another negative Vita topic...

who actually expected ACL to outsell AC3 anyway? We saw how many epic tv commercials AC3 had... as far as I know, ACL only had one...

Call of Duty BOD may do the same...

Which is one more commercial than every other Vita game. Advertising works, Sony!
---
Natsume (4th): Lv.99 1000 Affection 23:05:36 1038000GP
"Now, gods, stand up for bastards!
#66Oxn518Posted 11/6/2012 7:37:32 PM
Ac liberation hasnt been released in japan yet
---
i5 3570k | XFX 6870 | 8gig DDR3 ram
#67SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/6/2012 7:39:06 PM
FKRW4Life posted...
nariusseldon posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
Arucard05 posted...
Wow that's great for AC:L! With digital sales I bet it's a lot higher. Ubisoft has to be happy with that.

AGREED! Awesome sales for AC. Glad narius posted something positive for once, even if he didn't intend to :D

hmm .. how can i not intend to when i have to consciously do it? Didn't i quote "solid start"?

Facts are facts.

It's a trap?

This is so a trap. I have only been on this site's forums for a few days and it has to trolling to a new level. Knowing this, if the sells drop off next week this board is in for it.
#68xfactorPosted 11/6/2012 7:59:04 PM
I think the main reason why ACL sold so poorly is due to it being released on the same day as the real AC game. The fact that it is billed as the major system seller but received a 7ish review scores is pretty damaging to its sales too.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#69ZacKxFaiRPosted 11/6/2012 8:22:09 PM
Black_Liliana posted...
One word: multiplayer. That is all.

Agree with you if they try the multiplayer they might think about their lost. But the single player mode is good
#70Starwars4JPosted 11/6/2012 8:38:23 PM
And it was a pack-in game given away for free with a special colored system...yikes
---
What I can't get over is how she ripped one testicle off..~Frogstir
I can't read your topics without expecting Bel Air now.~KensaiBlade