"Fourth-generation iPad smashes PlayStation Vita in raw graphics power"

#1nariusseldonPosted 11/7/2012 9:52:47 AM
http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/07/fourth-generation-ipad-smashes-playstation-vita-in-raw-graphics-power/

"However, when it comes to raw computing power, the Vita is no longer the most powerful portable graphics device. The fourth-generation iPad now takes that role thanks to the newer-generation PowerVR GPU."

"Should Sony be worried? Not because of performance. As a dedicated game console, the Vita is still has built-in physical controls — an extremely important feature for gamers — while the iPad does not. Sony’s biggest concerns right now for the Vita are poor sales and a limited game selection."
#2iCeThEeCrEaToR7Posted 11/7/2012 9:56:35 AM
nariusseldon posted...
http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/07/fourth-generation-ipad-smashes-playstation-vita-in-raw-graphics-power/

"However, when it comes to raw computing power, the Vita is no longer the most powerful portable graphics device. The fourth-generation iPad now takes that role thanks to the newer-generation PowerVR GPU."

"Should Sony be worried? Not because of performance. As a dedicated game console, the Vita is still has built-in physical controls — an extremely important feature for gamers — while the iPad does not. Sony’s biggest concerns right now for the Vita are poor sales and a limited game selection."

Well that was unexpected..I guess the ipad 4 has ps3 graphics...?
#3nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 9:58:36 AM
iCeThEeCrEaToR7 posted...
nariusseldon posted...

Something like that. Given the trend, i bet the next iphone (or android phone) will have ipad 4 specs. So i guess phones will be "smashes vita in raw graphics power" in about a year.
#4Arucard05Posted 11/7/2012 10:00:20 AM
As a dedicated game console, the Vita is still has built-in physical controls — an extremely important feature for gamers — while the iPad does not.

Yep.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.
#5GuiIdensternPosted 11/7/2012 10:00:41 AM
It's an Apple product so I couldn't care less.
---
Stealing IP addresses since 2011.
#6PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/7/2012 10:02:43 AM
I love cheese. Velvetta. And double cheeseburgers from McDonald's. It's a personal weakness of mine.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#7nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 10:02:45 AM
GuiIdenstern posted...
It's an Apple product so I couldn't care less.

I am sure you don't. Lots of people do. It was sold out the first weekend, and sold 3M (with ipad mini).

So i doubt they miss your business.
#8nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 10:03:30 AM
Arucard05 posted...
As a dedicated game console, the Vita is still has built-in physical controls — an extremely important feature for gamers — while the iPad does not.

Yep.

yeh ... that is vita's only advantage now.
#9X2SBPosted 11/7/2012 10:03:55 AM
mmmmm yummy buttons
---
Switch JRPGs with Shooters, and I'm sure that's what they're saying about us.
#10iCeThEeCrEaToR7Posted 11/7/2012 10:04:07 AM
nariusseldon posted...
iCeThEeCrEaToR7 posted...
nariusseldon posted...

Something like that. Given the trend, i bet the next iphone (or android phone) will have ipad 4 specs. So i guess phones will be "smashes vita in raw graphics power" in about a year.

Graphics don't matter...Gameplay does..