"Fourth-generation iPad smashes PlayStation Vita in raw graphics power"

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. "Fourth-generation iPad smashes PlayStation Vita in raw graphics power"

User Info: nariusseldon

nariusseldon
4 years ago#1
http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/07/fourth-generation-ipad-smashes-playstation-vita-in-raw-graphics-power/

"However, when it comes to raw computing power, the Vita is no longer the most powerful portable graphics device. The fourth-generation iPad now takes that role thanks to the newer-generation PowerVR GPU."

"Should Sony be worried? Not because of performance. As a dedicated game console, the Vita is still has built-in physical controls — an extremely important feature for gamers — while the iPad does not. Sony’s biggest concerns right now for the Vita are poor sales and a limited game selection."

User Info: iCeThEeCrEaToR7

iCeThEeCrEaToR7
4 years ago#2
nariusseldon posted...
http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/07/fourth-generation-ipad-smashes-playstation-vita-in-raw-graphics-power/

"However, when it comes to raw computing power, the Vita is no longer the most powerful portable graphics device. The fourth-generation iPad now takes that role thanks to the newer-generation PowerVR GPU."

"Should Sony be worried? Not because of performance. As a dedicated game console, the Vita is still has built-in physical controls — an extremely important feature for gamers — while the iPad does not. Sony’s biggest concerns right now for the Vita are poor sales and a limited game selection."

Well that was unexpected..I guess the ipad 4 has ps3 graphics...?

nariusseldon
4 years ago#3
iCeThEeCrEaToR7 posted...
nariusseldon posted...

Something like that. Given the trend, i bet the next iphone (or android phone) will have ipad 4 specs. So i guess phones will be "smashes vita in raw graphics power" in about a year.

User Info: Arucard05

Arucard05
4 years ago#4
As a dedicated game console, the Vita is still has built-in physical controls — an extremely important feature for gamers — while the iPad does not.

Yep.
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
Home of the world famous Retroulette™.

User Info: GuiIdenstern

GuiIdenstern
4 years ago#5
It's an Apple product so I couldn't care less.
Stealing IP addresses since 2011.

User Info: PlayaMadeTxn05

PlayaMadeTxn05
4 years ago#6
I love cheese. Velvetta. And double cheeseburgers from McDonald's. It's a personal weakness of mine.
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon

nariusseldon
4 years ago#7
GuiIdenstern posted...
It's an Apple product so I couldn't care less.

I am sure you don't. Lots of people do. It was sold out the first weekend, and sold 3M (with ipad mini).

So i doubt they miss your business.

nariusseldon
4 years ago#8
Arucard05 posted...
As a dedicated game console, the Vita is still has built-in physical controls — an extremely important feature for gamers — while the iPad does not.

Yep.

yeh ... that is vita's only advantage now.

User Info: X2SB

X2SB
4 years ago#9
mmmmm yummy buttons
Switch JRPGs with Shooters, and I'm sure that's what they're saying about us.

User Info: iCeThEeCrEaToR7

iCeThEeCrEaToR7
4 years ago#10
nariusseldon posted...
iCeThEeCrEaToR7 posted...
nariusseldon posted...

Something like that. Given the trend, i bet the next iphone (or android phone) will have ipad 4 specs. So i guess phones will be "smashes vita in raw graphics power" in about a year.

Graphics don't matter...Gameplay does..
  1. Boards
  2. PlayStation Vita
  3. "Fourth-generation iPad smashes PlayStation Vita in raw graphics power"

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived