"Fourth-generation iPad smashes PlayStation Vita in raw graphics power"

#101MegaMettaurPosted 11/8/2012 1:58:16 AM
nariusseldon posted...
Skul_ posted...
In other news, PC are more powerful then consoles.

Not one year after the console are released ... not the average PC anyway.

Average PC's aren't (after a year)

but the average gaming PC is. They're built to be future proof for the next 3-5 years worth of games. and even then, for the same price as a console, you can buy a new/better graphics card and play games with 5x the graphics quality.
---
Playing (vita): Disgaea 1&2, UMvC3, MGSHD, BBCS2 EX. PSN: Roksor.
See that? I'm actually playing my Vita. Scrubs.
#102TranslatorTomPosted 11/8/2012 2:16:28 AM
Why buy a fourth generation ipad when the fifth generation ipad will be here in six months?
---
-Tom
#103Bob the AlmightyPosted 11/8/2012 2:58:35 AM
TranslatorTom posted...
Why buy a fourth generation ipad when the fifth generation ipad will be here in six months?

Because, unlike the Vita, the fourth gen iPad will still be getting support six months from now. :p

Man I can't believe the iPad 4th gen and Mini did 3 million sales its first week though. How long did it take the Vita to hit 3 million sales? Poor guy can't catch a break.
---
You were the lightning in that rain. You can still shine through the darkness.
#104RagnarokxvPosted 11/8/2012 3:06:55 AM
The actual problem is that loads of people ALREADY buy or own iphones and ipads, so why not buy games for something you already own? This is why comparing iOS hardware to the Vita in terms of value is incredibly stupid. People for the most part do not buy these apple devices primarily for gaming anyways. No one chooses between the Vita and an iPad as they are completely different. Price is irrelevant.
---
Did I say that, or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me??
#105Superman80Posted 11/8/2012 3:36:20 AM
WOW there's already an ipad 4? I thought it was only the mini that got launched. 7 months? and just like that the ipad 3 is obsolete, I feel sorry for people that recently bought it, but then again my ipad 1 which I bought in 2010 is already in a museum somewhere with a Commodore and the Atari.
#106MegaMettaurPosted 11/8/2012 3:40:57 AM
Superman80 posted...
WOW there's already an ipad 4? I thought it was only the mini that got launched. 7 months? and just like that the ipad 3 is obsolete, I feel sorry for people that recently bought it, but then again my ipad 1 which I bought in 2010 is already in a museum somewhere with a Commodore and the Atari.

Hard to believe only 2 years have passed and there are already 5 iterations of the ipad.
---
Playing (vita): Disgaea 1&2, UMvC3, MGSHD, BBCS2 EX. PSN: Roksor.
See that? I'm actually playing my Vita. Scrubs.
#107Superman80Posted 11/8/2012 3:52:08 AM(edited)
I wonder how long Apple will keep getting those kind of sales numbers before upgraders realize they've been stupid and just stick to whatever ipad they have. After only buying the ipad 1 in 2010, I don't think I will ever buy another ipad again.

It also surprises me that people are happy Sony are going through a tough time, when they offer great products that last for about 10 years in the market. Apple on the other hand is an unethical money grubbing company that will eventually run out of ideas.

The PS3 may have been a financial failure, but as a gamer it is one of the greatest systems I have ever owned, game after game of AAA quality. I will give up handheld gaming if it ever came to choosing only a tablet to do that.
#108xfactorPosted 11/8/2012 5:56:37 AM
ManjiMidou posted...
nariusseldon posted...
iCeThEeCrEaToR7 posted...
nariusseldon posted...
http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/07/fourth-generation-ipad-smashes-playstation-vita-in-raw-graphics-power/

"However, when it comes to raw computing power, the Vita is no longer the most powerful portable graphics device. The fourth-generation iPad now takes that role thanks to the newer-generation PowerVR GPU."

"Should Sony be worried? Not because of performance. As a dedicated game console, the Vita is still has built-in physical controls — an extremely important feature for gamers — while the iPad does not. Sony’s biggest concerns right now for the Vita are poor sales and a limited game selection."

Well that was unexpected..I guess the ipad 4 has ps3 graphics...?

Something like that. Given the trend, i bet the next iphone (or android phone) will have ipad 4 specs. So i guess phones will be "smashes vita in raw graphics power" in about a year.

So does that make the 3ds even more obsolete in the handheld graphical department?

DAMN

Well the 3DS is the on setting the standard in the handheld graphical department seeing it is the only relevant handheld now.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#109PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/8/2012 6:16:26 AM
Superman80 posted...
I wonder how long Apple will keep getting those kind of sales numbers before upgraders realize they've been stupid and just stick to whatever ipad they have. After only buying the ipad 1 in 2010, I don't think I will ever buy another ipad again.

It also surprises me that people are happy Sony are going through a tough time, when they offer great products that last for about 10 years in the market. Apple on the other hand is an unethical money grubbing company that will eventually run out of ideas.

The PS3 may have been a financial failure, but as a gamer it is one of the greatest systems I have ever owned, game after game of AAA quality. I will give up handheld gaming if it ever came to choosing only a tablet to do that.

I hate apple for this very reason. They are greedy. Sure they make a lot of money as a business, but they do it in the worse way possible. And people defending their ways are just as ignorant.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#110sefirot11Posted 11/8/2012 7:00:01 AM
actually the tegra 3 chip of android can manage the same graphics that the vita does right now, BUT: the touch controls are really really bad...
and the games for android/ios still fell like minigames (there are some that are console like, but i would said they are the 3% of games aprox)