"Fourth-generation iPad smashes PlayStation Vita in raw graphics power"

#111Cable_mvc2Posted 11/8/2012 8:01:04 AM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
Superman80 posted...
I wonder how long Apple will keep getting those kind of sales numbers before upgraders realize they've been stupid and just stick to whatever ipad they have. After only buying the ipad 1 in 2010, I don't think I will ever buy another ipad again.

It also surprises me that people are happy Sony are going through a tough time, when they offer great products that last for about 10 years in the market. Apple on the other hand is an unethical money grubbing company that will eventually run out of ideas.

The PS3 may have been a financial failure, but as a gamer it is one of the greatest systems I have ever owned, game after game of AAA quality. I will give up handheld gaming if it ever came to choosing only a tablet to do that.

I hate apple for this very reason. They are greedy. Sure they make a lot of money as a business, but they do it in the worse way possible. And people defending their ways are just as ignorant.

Sony with its memory card gouging isn't much better.
#112FayeLadyPosted 11/8/2012 8:23:23 AM
4th gen ipad? The same argument could be made for the third gen ipad. Heck, even the first and second gen ipads have the Vita beat on some levels, like resolution.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#113ikaruga0101Posted 11/8/2012 8:33:55 AM
It's an iPad article. It's pointless and only exists for the free clicks from the apple fanboys and technically illiterate masses. Given the fact the vita was unveiled in march 2011, it's safe to say that the CPU and GPU inside it's SoC are from 2010. The vita was only the most powerful handheld device during the few days between it's Japanese release and the release of AFAIK the first Tegra 3 device, the ASUS Transformer Prime. It's biggest advantage until recently was the low price for the raw power. However with better spec'd but cheaper devices such as the Nexus 7, it lost it's price advantage as well. Plus nowadays Android games and devices all support Bluetooth cellphone attachable controllers so the lack of buttons is really not a disadvantage.
Still miles ahead that overpriced psp era hardware fossil made by nintendo.
#114Superman80Posted 11/8/2012 9:22:04 AM
Cable_mvc2 posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
Superman80 posted...
I wonder how long Apple will keep getting those kind of sales numbers before upgraders realize they've been stupid and just stick to whatever ipad they have. After only buying the ipad 1 in 2010, I don't think I will ever buy another ipad again.

It also surprises me that people are happy Sony are going through a tough time, when they offer great products that last for about 10 years in the market. Apple on the other hand is an unethical money grubbing company that will eventually run out of ideas.

The PS3 may have been a financial failure, but as a gamer it is one of the greatest systems I have ever owned, game after game of AAA quality. I will give up handheld gaming if it ever came to choosing only a tablet to do that.

I hate apple for this very reason. They are greedy. Sure they make a lot of money as a business, but they do it in the worse way possible. And people defending their ways are just as ignorant.

Sony with its memory card gouging isn't much better.

I admit the memory card thing is the only thing that upsets me, but comparing a card that costs as much as it does which will last you until the systems product cycle is over, in comparison to having to upgrade an ipad every year is a lesser evil I assure you.
#115Nagisa_ShinjuPosted 11/8/2012 9:48:20 AM
People need to understand that a system can have all the power in the world... but if devs don't use it... it doesn't mean a thing. Seriously, how many iPad games push the iPad 3 to it's limits? Barely a handful. Why? Because Apple devs have to decide to cater to all or the most advanced. Apple devs have to create games that work with several devices in order to be successful. In essence, making a game exclusive to this new iPad will alienate those who have lesser versions, as well as the iPhone crowd.

Vita devs don't need to worry about such hassles. So, IMO, this... doesn't mean much, at all. Yes, it has power, but will it be put to the test? If so, will it be stressed enough to warrant it a primary gaming device?
#116Manilo_PunishPosted 11/8/2012 10:43:05 AM
Is this the ipad-max everyone keeps talking about? My g/f claims she uses it, but you know she lies. Or maybe its called max-ipad, something like that.
---
The Punish.
#117mjnoir1Posted 11/8/2012 11:07:10 AM
nariusseldon posted...
GuiIdenstern posted...
It's an Apple product so I couldn't care less.

I am sure you don't. Lots of people do. It was sold out the first weekend, and sold 3M (with ipad mini).

So i doubt they miss your business.

Sheep will be sheep.
#118HornyLevelPosted 11/8/2012 12:17:00 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
Superman80 posted...

Name a company that isn't as greedy as Apple or does unethical things. The people who are really ignorant are the ones who hate Apple for the stupid reasons, that when they explain them, applies to most all companies. It's just Apple is the main thing to hate right since they're in the news a lot now like Microsoft was the main thing before it. What's wrong with me buying an Apple product? Why am I ignorant when iOS is pretty nice and there's nothing wrong with it?

I love when people go around going "APPLE SUCKS", it shows how much the person doesn't know what they're talking about. There's legitimate issues with Apple and many reasons to not like them, but instead the stupidest reasons are chosen to hate them that apply to most corporations.
---
I rock hoes, ya'll rock fellas.
#119demesjos2Posted 11/8/2012 12:25:41 PM
I hate apple for the simple fact they feel the need to sue and tie up the courts instead of actually making a really innovative new product. I give them credit for making mp3 players mainstream with the success of the ipod but some of their business practices as of late have really been unethical.
#120HornyLevelPosted 11/8/2012 2:35:41 PM
demesjos2 posted...
I hate apple for the simple fact they feel the need to sue and tie up the courts instead of actually making a really innovative new product. I give them credit for making mp3 players mainstream with the success of the ipod but some of their business practices as of late have really been unethical.

I'm curious what these unethical business practices are that everyone keeps talking about. Is it the Foxconn thing?

All companies need to sue over patent issues or they set precedence for the future. You think Apple's the only one? Have you seen the similar lawsuits against Apple by HTC, Samsung, Motorola, etc? It's a corporation thing. You just don't always here about every single lawsuit.
---
I rock hoes, ya'll rock fellas.