"Fourth-generation iPad smashes PlayStation Vita in raw graphics power"

#121MarkCohenBrosPosted 11/8/2012 2:02:39 PM
Superman80 posted...
I wonder how long Apple will keep getting those kind of sales numbers before upgraders realize they've been stupid and just stick to whatever ipad they have. After only buying the ipad 1 in 2010, I don't think I will ever buy another ipad again.

It also surprises me that people are happy Sony are going through a tough time, when they offer great products that last for about 10 years in the market. Apple on the other hand is an unethical money grubbing company that will eventually run out of ideas.

The PS3 may have been a financial failure, but as a gamer it is one of the greatest systems I have ever owned, game after game of AAA quality. I will give up handheld gaming if it ever came to choosing only a tablet to do that.

Really, what products does Sony offer that last for 10 years on the market aside from the consoles? None. You do realize Sony is much more than the PS3 and PSP? They make phones, TVs and other **** and guess what? They get updated like every other technology every year sometimes even faster. Nothing from 2002 is still supported by Sony except maybe the PS2. That's it. I already explained why video games are the only exception here.

I for one like to see things evolve every year. I'm not that lacking in self-control to go insane when a new product comes out that I must go out and buy it. I don't know why people even complain about updated products. It's like you guys all wanna go backwards and slow down progress. No one forces you to buy the latest and greatest.

"having to upgrade an ipad every year is a lesser evil I assure you."

No, no one is having you upgrade every year. That's your choice, and it's stupid if you do upgrade every year unless you're selling your previous stuff for a good enough price. This statement sounds especially stupid when you're talking about a memory card that is required as opposed to an optional upgrade.

You can't keep up with technology. Just gotta grab something good and work with it.

PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
Superman80 posted...
I wonder how long Apple will keep getting those kind of sales numbers before upgraders realize they've been stupid and just stick to whatever ipad they have. After only buying the ipad 1 in 2010, I don't think I will ever buy another ipad again.

It also surprises me that people are happy Sony are going through a tough time, when they offer great products that last for about 10 years in the market. Apple on the other hand is an unethical money grubbing company that will eventually run out of ideas.

The PS3 may have been a financial failure, but as a gamer it is one of the greatest systems I have ever owned, game after game of AAA quality. I will give up handheld gaming if it ever came to choosing only a tablet to do that.

I hate apple for this very reason. They are greedy. Sure they make a lot of money as a business, but they do it in the worse way possible. And people defending their ways are just as ignorant.

Loved how you completely dodged my post where I called you ignorant, and you came back without a rebuttal only to post that others are the ignorant ones, hilarious:

"I hate apple for this very reason. They are greedy. Sure they make a lot of money as a business, but they do it in the worse way possible. And people defending their ways are just as ignorant."

I think this furthers cements that you're really clueless and instead rely on bandwagon hating. Unable to truly explain why you hate it without resorting to ignorant uninformed statements you heard others repeat. Your silence solidified this fact.
#122PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/8/2012 2:19:27 PM(edited)
@Mark

Congratulations, you've won a forum argument lol

It's pointless discussing it because you're going to feel a certain way about it and so will I. Nothing either of us says is going to change that fact. I argue with my wife about it all the time, so I'm not going to sit on here and argue about it with someone I don't even know. I stated my opinion, and that will be that.

And by the way, I'm sorry I didn't respond to your post. I honestly didn't mean to hurt you in any way possible. If I made you feel a certain way about it, I do apologize.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#123tiamat999Posted 11/8/2012 2:33:07 PM
now if only ios develepors would actually take advantage of the power instead of releasing flash games
---
favorite six animated shows 1 the Venture bros 2 gargoyles 3 avengers EMH 4 justice league 5 super robot wars og the inspector 6 ragnarok the animation
#124MarkCohenBrosPosted 11/8/2012 2:43:35 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
@Mark

It's pointless discussing it because you're going to feel a certain way about it and so will I. Nothing either of us says is going to change that fact. I argue with my wife about it all the time, so I'm not going to sit on here and argue about it with someone I don't even know. I stated my opinion, and that will be that.

And by the way, I'm sorry I didn't respond to your post. I honestly didn't mean to hurt you in any way possible. If I made you feel a certain way about it, I do apologize.

It's not pointless discussing it. I'm not trying to win any arguments. If you're gonna make bold statements, you should be ready to back them up. One does not go around posting things and then covers their ass by saying "I argue with my wife, therefore I've explained myself without explaining" This is just your excuse and again further solidifies my point.

This isn't about your opinion. You're just avoiding it by saying it is. It's like me saying "I hate Earth" and then going "lol I'm not gonna explain why I do, I argue about it with my wife all the time"

Especially since any semblance of an explanation you have given is wrong and not a matter of opinion. It's not about how either of us feels. How can you say you feel a certain way about something when it's based off false facts?

Anyway, I didn't expect much from someone who goes around spouting such uninformed "opinions". I'm also surprised you're a married adult, because you definitely sound like a teenager. Anyway, I'm here if you decide to stop making excuses :D
#125EdwardHohenheimPosted 11/8/2012 2:53:46 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
@Mark

Translation: I don't know how to respond so I'm gonna make excuses.

Lol

P.S: What's the point of being on a forum if you are unable to argue with strangers? That's kind of the whole point of message boards, especially when you're making argumentative posts.
#126PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/8/2012 3:25:31 PM(edited)
MarkCohenBros posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
@Mark

It's not pointless discussing it. I'm not trying to win any arguments. If you're gonna make bold statements, you should be ready to back them up. One does not go around posting things and then covers their ass by saying "I argue with my wife, therefore I've explained myself without explaining" This is just your excuse and again further solidifies my point.

This isn't about your opinion. You're just avoiding it by saying it is. It's like me saying "I hate Earth" and then going "lol I'm not gonna explain why I do, I argue about it with my wife all the time"

Especially since any semblance of an explanation you have given is wrong and not a matter of opinion. It's not about how either of us feels. How can you say you feel a certain way about something when it's based off false facts?

Anyway, I didn't expect much from someone who goes around spouting such uninformed "opinions". I'm also surprised you're a married adult, because you definitely sound like a teenager. Anyway, I'm here if you decide to stop making excuses :D

Wow...have I upset you somewhere else before? Because you are going hard as hell on me right now on how I feel about things. I'll give you this and this is it, because I really don't want to argue about it.

If I was a "bandwagon" guy, I'd be all over Ipad and Iphones. I'm not against Apple because other people are. I've had an Iphone before. Compared to other phones, it was just that. A phone. A phone that has very little UI control IMO.

If you support the pricing on their hardware, that's fine. But to actually try to argue the fact that they price it fairly is absurd. They price it high because they know people will pay that much.

Now if you want to try say the Iphone is better than an Android and that's why it's more expensive, then that's fine as well. I enjoy the freedom more on my Android than an Iphone.

And if that's not the case, then why is it priced so high? If it's not the tech, then you tell me why it's priced the way it is. And don't say it's not overpriced because most would agree it is.

And do you support the fact they release hardware less than a year apart from each other, with very little improvement provided with each iteration? I'm sure there were a ton of people upset after purchasing their Ipad 3 in March of this year for $500, only to find out they could've saved their money and purchased the NEW Ipad 4 in November.

And please don't say "No one is forcing you to buy it!" because of course no one is. But there are people out there who will buy every single updated Ipad or Iphone just because it's an Ipad or Iphone. Again, you and I know this is true. I believe those people are wasteful spenders and indeed ignorant.

I mean, what else do you want me to say? You tell me to "back" up my "bold" statement (not sure what made it bold), when all it was was my opinion. So every time I state something, do you want me to back it up from now on?

And I don't like you picking on me...
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#127PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/8/2012 3:27:53 PM
EdwardHohenheim posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
@Mark

Translation: I don't know how to respond so I'm gonna make excuses.

Lol

P.S: What's the point of being on a forum if you are unable to argue with strangers? That's kind of the whole point of message boards, especially when you're making argumentative posts.

O....k?
---
#128DunGoofdPosted 11/8/2012 5:12:06 PM
It doesn't matter if the iPad 4 has a better GPU.

They're two separate markets. The only thing is that the iPad and smartphones/tablets are eating away at the dedicated portable market. People don't choose the iPad or whatever over the Vita because of gaming. They do so because it does a lot more than just gaming.

Gaming is merely an added benefit to smartphones and tablets.
#129PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/8/2012 5:19:12 PM
DunGoofd posted...

They're two separate markets. The only thing is that the iPad and smartphones/tablets are eating away at the dedicated portable market. People don't choose the iPad or whatever over the Vita because of gaming. They do so because it does a lot more than just gaming.

Thank you. TC thinks otherwise though. He thinks people by tablets and phones for gaming. And he strongly backs that.
---
#130nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 5:31:36 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
DunGoofd posted...

Thank you. TC thinks otherwise though. He thinks people by tablets and phones for gaming. And he strongly backs that.

Not me. Actually it is Sony and Nintendo execs who cite tablets and phones as competition. Do you disagree with Sony execs? If so, why?