"Fourth-generation iPad smashes PlayStation Vita in raw graphics power"

#21kewldude475Posted 11/7/2012 10:25:26 AM
Arucard05 posted...
yeh ... that is vita's only advantage now.

Wording it that way trivializes how massive of an advantage it is.

This.

Also, I don't care much about how powerful the iPad 87 is, but it's interesting to see how powerful people are making handheld devices.
---
PSN: kewldude475; 3DS FC: 4253-3798-3218; Steam:kewldude475;
Vita is just a PSP with higher specs - Megaman Omega
#22iCeThEeCrEaToR7Posted 11/7/2012 10:31:07 AM
I bet the battery sucks lol.
#23Arucard05Posted 11/7/2012 10:33:12 AM
Also, I don't care much about how powerful the iPad 87 is, but it's interesting to see how powerful people are making handheld devices.

Technology moves fast. It's crazy how outdated the consoles are now.
---
www.bewaretherobotsquad.com
A place where things happen. Sometimes awesome things.
#24GN_XPosted 11/7/2012 10:53:00 AM
Everyone already knew from the beginning of this handheld generation that smartphones and tablets would overpower them in terms of months or less than a year anyway since new smartphones and tablets get announced and released all the time.
#25mike_411Posted 11/7/2012 10:57:10 AM
Too bad there aren't many games on IOS that I would play for more than 5 minutes at a time.
---
"Peace is trolling!" Mentality of Gamefaqs mods
-Blazblue Chrono Phantasma! :D
#26DemonDog666Posted 11/7/2012 10:57:21 AM
In terms of actual games though ipad 4 still is incapable of making anything close to the quality of vita games.
#27ManjiMidouPosted 11/7/2012 11:01:40 AM
nariusseldon posted...
iCeThEeCrEaToR7 posted...
nariusseldon posted...
http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/07/fourth-generation-ipad-smashes-playstation-vita-in-raw-graphics-power/

"However, when it comes to raw computing power, the Vita is no longer the most powerful portable graphics device. The fourth-generation iPad now takes that role thanks to the newer-generation PowerVR GPU."

"Should Sony be worried? Not because of performance. As a dedicated game console, the Vita is still has built-in physical controls — an extremely important feature for gamers — while the iPad does not. Sony’s biggest concerns right now for the Vita are poor sales and a limited game selection."

Well that was unexpected..I guess the ipad 4 has ps3 graphics...?

Something like that. Given the trend, i bet the next iphone (or android phone) will have ipad 4 specs. So i guess phones will be "smashes vita in raw graphics power" in about a year.

So does that make the 3ds even more obsolete in the handheld graphical department?

DAMN
#28ManjiMidouPosted 11/7/2012 11:05:37 AM
Arucard05 posted...

Technology moves fast. It's crazy how outdated the consoles are now.

You know what's more crazy?

Nintendo releasing another outdated home console and calling it next gen.
#29deathpapayaPosted 11/7/2012 11:13:28 AM
I bet the battery sucks lol.

It's not even remotely possible to be as bad as the Vita's battery life.
---
XBL: Genophia PSN: Emophia/Kitikat Steam ID: Emophia
#30PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/7/2012 11:15:14 AM
ManjiMidou posted...
nariusseldon posted...
nariusseldon posted...
http://venturebeat.com/2012/11/07/fourth-generation-ipad-smashes-playstation-vita-in-raw-graphics-power/

"However, when it comes to raw computing power, the Vita is no longer the most powerful portable graphics device. The fourth-generation iPad now takes that role thanks to the newer-generation PowerVR GPU."

"Should Sony be worried? Not because of performance. As a dedicated game console, the Vita is still has built-in physical controls — an extremely important feature for gamers — while the iPad does not. Sony’s biggest concerns right now for the Vita are poor sales and a limited game selection."

Well that was unexpected..I guess the ipad 4 has ps3 graphics...?

Something like that. Given the trend, i bet the next iphone (or android phone) will have ipad 4 specs. So i guess phones will be "smashes vita in raw graphics power" in about a year.

So does that make the 3ds even more obsolete in the handheld graphical department?

DAMN

lol Everytime I bring up that 3DS point he never responds. Must have a serious grudge with the Vita's hardware capabilities.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon