"Fourth-generation iPad smashes PlayStation Vita in raw graphics power"

#51PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/7/2012 1:25:59 PM
MaximusPadicus posted...
I just picked one up.
And, there is no comparison whatsoever between the Ipad 4 and the Vita in terms of power.
Ipad clearly wins. Period.

BUT,
I cant fit the Ipad in my back pocket. It is not really portable or something I want to be riding the subway late night playing a game on. I also picked up the Ipad Mini, now THIS machine is the one Sony should be worried about. It lacks Vita's power, but control is much improved over every Ipad ever released so far for games. They made the Mini with hardcore gamers in mind. I actually enjoy playing games on it more than I do the Vita.

Rich! Or just a wasteful spender. Why get an Ipad 4 AND an Ipad mini? Why buy an I-anything at all...completely overhyped and overpriced.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#52DXiRoNMaNPosted 11/7/2012 1:31:34 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
MaximusPadicus posted...
I just picked one up.
And, there is no comparison whatsoever between the Ipad 4 and the Vita in terms of power.

BUT,
I cant fit the Ipad in my back pocket. It is not really portable or something I want to be riding the subway late night playing a game on. I also picked up the Ipad Mini, now THIS machine is the one Sony should be worried about. It lacks Vita's power, but control is much improved over every Ipad ever released so far for games. They made the Mini with hardcore gamers in mind. I actually enjoy playing games on it more than I do the Vita.

Rich! Or just a wasteful spender. Why get an Ipad 4 AND an Ipad mini? Why buy an I-anything at all...completely overhyped and overpriced.

poor and jealous haha
---
XBL- DXiRoNMaN PSN- DXiRoNMaN WiiFC- 7177 5213 2278 2695
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#53CompassPosted 11/7/2012 1:32:32 PM
MaximusPadicus posted...
They made the Mini with hardcore gamers in mind. I actually enjoy playing games on it more than I do the Vita.

How so?
#54Skul_Posted 11/7/2012 1:38:30 PM
In other news, PC are more powerful then consoles.
---
"Screen Size = Resolution."- jairusmonillas
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster, and are 100% proud of it, put this as your sig
#55PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/7/2012 1:39:17 PM
DXiRoNMaN posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
MaximusPadicus posted...
I just picked one up.

BUT,

poor and jealous haha

Yup. Poor because I don't want to spend $300-$600 on a product that will be replaced in a matter of months. Because I won't support a company that withholds tech just to release it in it's next iteration and then deem said product as "improved". Because I'm wise enough enough to not spend my money on a name brand rather than the product itself.

I don't like being poor! But alas I am. And this is what leads to my jealousy.

Man, you got me figured out.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#56DragonyeuwPosted 11/7/2012 1:41:43 PM
Frankly I don't care how much more powerful these tablets and phones become compared to dedicated consoles. I've played enough IOS games to know that, aside from a few genres, touchpad controls are hardly an ideal alternative to a traditional button and pad control interface. Just the fact that part of the screen is blocked by my fingers is a turn-off in many scenarios. Just my humble opinion....
---
Current systems owned: PS3 slim,xbox 360 Gears model, Wii, PS2, Gamecube,Dreamcast, SNES, PS Vita, Red 3Ds, PSP3000, PSPGo,
#57PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/7/2012 1:44:50 PM
I apologize for my previous post. Completely unnecessary. I just hate companies milking products and people drinking the milk.
---
#58DXiRoNMaNPosted 11/7/2012 1:48:28 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
DXiRoNMaN posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
MaximusPadicus posted...
I just picked one up.

BUT,

poor and jealous haha

Yup. Poor because I don't want to spend $300-$600 on a product that will be replaced in a matter of months. Because I won't support a company that withholds tech just to release it in it's next iteration and then deem said product as "improved". Because I'm wise enough enough to not spend my money on a name brand rather than the product itself.

I don't like being poor! But alas I am. And this is what leads to my jealousy.

Man, you got me figured out.

What company doesn't do that? That's how companies make money and tech gets outdated quickly. Your $500 video card may be replaced by something better in a few months, doesn't mean it is worthless. Not everything can be like a game console where it's the same hardware for 7 years, of course even those have redesigns.
---
"I'm like the only smartest one on this board with like 5 other people." - some moron
#59DXiRoNMaNPosted 11/7/2012 1:49:56 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
I apologize for my previous post. Completely unnecessary. I just hate companies milking products and people drinking the milk.

no need to apologize
---
#60ImJeffPosted 11/7/2012 1:51:35 PM
I would assume a Retina resolution would negate some of that power advantage.
---
B**** Mob Task Force reporting for duty.