"Fourth-generation iPad smashes PlayStation Vita in raw graphics power"

#81PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/7/2012 3:32:01 PM
DaMan1900 posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
I love cheese. Velvetta. And double cheeseburgers from McDonald's. It's a personal weakness of mine.

yuck i used to love double cheeseburgers until they made the patties even smaller and now all they taste like is grease...

Crazy thing is, I like the taste of that grease

<00>
____
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#82FairyGlitterPosted 11/7/2012 3:32:50 PM
There's another iPad out?

Why?
#83Exceed20XXPosted 11/7/2012 3:33:01 PM
After the way they discontinued the 3rd gen iPad in under a year (roughly 221 days) I see no reason to readily invest in Apple much further at this time. At the rate these things are being pumped out it HAS to have better graphics than a lot of other platforms, they actually keep changing the parts out in a year or less. Too bad I'd rather sink that sort of money in multiple PC upgrades than these incremental upgrades at this point. =\
---
Fiddling away on: DKC 1&2, Doom 3 BFG, MGS HD, RE6, VLR
#84nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 3:39:52 PM
FairyGlitter posted...

Why?

Because it is good business? Because it sells?
#85Angemon_23Posted 11/7/2012 3:44:34 PM

Why?

Because, if people buy it, why not? You know what they say about a fool and his money.
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#86PlayaMadeTxn05Posted 11/7/2012 3:53:09 PM
nariusseldon posted...
FairyGlitter posted...

Why?

Because it is good business? Because it sells?

Sheep will be sheep. Can't fault them as a business. They're great to investors, crappy to consumers.
---
"You still play SNES & Genesis games? Yeah, they are terrible by today's standard. Graphics sells .. like it or not." - nariusseldon
#87MarkCohenBrosPosted 11/7/2012 3:54:02 PM
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
DXiRoNMaN posted...
PlayaMadeTxn05 posted...
MaximusPadicus posted...
I just picked one up.
And, there is no comparison whatsoever between the Ipad 4 and the Vita in terms of power.
Ipad clearly wins. Period.

BUT,
I cant fit the Ipad in my back pocket. It is not really portable or something I want to be riding the subway late night playing a game on. I also picked up the Ipad Mini, now THIS machine is the one Sony should be worried about. It lacks Vita's power, but control is much improved over every Ipad ever released so far for games. They made the Mini with hardcore gamers in mind. I actually enjoy playing games on it more than I do the Vita.

Rich! Or just a wasteful spender. Why get an Ipad 4 AND an Ipad mini? Why buy an I-anything at all...completely overhyped and overpriced.

poor and jealous haha

Yup. Poor because I don't want to spend $300-$600 on a product that will be replaced in a matter of months. Because I won't support a company that withholds tech just to release it in it's next iteration and then deem said product as "improved". Because I'm wise enough enough to not spend my money on a name brand rather than the product itself.

I don't like being poor! But alas I am. And this is what leads to my jealousy.

Man, you got me figured out.

Dude, you sound pretty ignorant. You act as if when a product is outdated, they come to your home, beat you up, and take away the old hardware.

EVERYTHING gets updated much faster nowadays, it does not in any possible way mean that your stuff is now useless. You want all technological progress to stop so that you can save some money. And no, video games are a different story before you bring up the "consoles last 10 years" excuse.

"Because I won't support a company that withholds tech just to release it in it's next iteration and then deem said product as "improved"

Another uninformed statement. Almost all companies are like this, so good luck buying ANYTHING.

"Because I'm wise enough enough to not spend my money on a name brand rather than the product itself. "

Apparently you're not wise enough, as you said in a earlier post "Why buy an I-anything at all...completely overhyped and overpriced." You are not buying it because of the product itself but because its made by Apple. It works in the opposite too. There is absolutely nothing wrong with iPads or iPhones or Android tablets, etc. Some simply have different features and come with/lack other features. They are all great machines and to deny that simply because they're "i-anythings" or "droids" is completely foolish.
#88Fallen_LordPosted 11/7/2012 4:41:00 PM
GuiIdenstern posted...
It's an Apple product so I couldn't care less.

Nothing more needs to be said here.
#89nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 4:42:47 PM
Fallen_Lord posted...
GuiIdenstern posted...
It's an Apple product so I couldn't care less.

Nothing more needs to be said here.

Isn't that why we are on page 9 and 88 posts?
#90Wiiplayer111Posted 11/7/2012 4:58:41 PM
If Sony released a new version of Vita every few months it would be stronger each time too.
---
Look a you.... sticking to the plan.
didyouknowgaming.com