"Fourth-generation iPad smashes PlayStation Vita in raw graphics power"

#91nariusseldon(Topic Creator)Posted 11/7/2012 5:00:28 PM
Wiiplayer111 posted...
If Sony released a new version of Vita every few months it would be stronger each time too.

Yeh .. and that fact that Sony is NOT doing so, let the vita to be out of date soon, in terms of graphical power.
#92TechniMyokoPosted 11/7/2012 5:34:56 PM
nariusseldon posted...
Arucard05 posted...
As a dedicated game console, the Vita is still has built-in physical controls an extremely important feature for gamers while the iPad does not.

Yep.

yeh ... that is vita's only advantage now.

And the removable game cards, which gives devs access to as much space as they need vs being limited to how much the system owners paid for

And an audience willing to pay more than a dollar for a game means games get real budgets.
#93TheDarknessIIPosted 11/7/2012 5:43:32 PM
By graphics they really just mean texture resolution. I have yet to see an iOS/Android game that didn't have horrible animations, texture filtering, and post-processing effects. Even so, graphics have never been the iPad's main issue when it comes to games. The biggest draw is the godawful gameplay, and I'm not talking about the controls. I can count the number of worthwhile iOS games on one hand, two if I'm being lenient, and several of the precious few are just ports from other systems.
---
PSN: m5h3p
Steam ID: Aristeus
#94r_m_8_8Posted 11/7/2012 5:44:44 PM
You should be talking about the controls too, they're piss poor and broken, because those devices were never intended to be gaming systems.
---
Now playing: Code of Princess (3DS)
| 3DS | PS3 | PC | Wii |
#95deathgeordiePosted 11/7/2012 6:00:12 PM
GuiIdenstern posted...
It's an Apple product so I couldn't care less.

At long last. I found someone that said it properly. I get so annoyed with loads of "I could care less." Thank you Guildenstern.
---
Team Grimm of Legendary Flamewheel. PMD2 Darkness Rescue Board Rescues done- 11. Wifi 43. PMD2 SKY Rescue, None yet ; ;.
#96CompassPosted 11/7/2012 7:44:26 PM
Whoa, and I thought Nintendo made the Ponies insecure. Apple's got 'em beat and bad!
#97SaintdantePosted 11/7/2012 9:08:19 PM
nariusseldon posted...
Wiiplayer111 posted...
If Sony released a new version of Vita every few months it would be stronger each time too.

Yeh .. and that fact that Sony is NOT doing so, let the vita to be out of date soon, in terms of graphical power.

Eh... while it does lack in raw power because of technology getting more powerful every couple of months the fact there's only one of it allows developers to focus all their attention on optimization and making it look better with what they have.
#98maxmansupaPosted 11/7/2012 9:28:42 PM
TechniMyoko posted...
nariusseldon posted...
Arucard05 posted...
As a dedicated game console, the Vita is still has built-in physical controls an extremely important feature for gamers while the iPad does not.

Yep.

yeh ... that is vita's only advantage now.

And the removable game cards, which gives devs access to as much space as they need vs being limited to how much the system owners paid for

And an audience willing to pay more than a dollar for a game means games get real budgets.

And the developers making the games can die off much quicker too!
#99skyrimer3dPosted 11/8/2012 2:16:13 AM
Whe they get real gamers games I will be worried, almost no high profile developer makes original games for mobile platforms, and even the best efforts are jokes in comparison with well established franchises on consoles. Even on Vita, less than one year old, you get games like uncharted, lbp, gravity rush, wipeout, mortal kombat, etc that are already a lot better than anything on mobiles. By far.

For me, it's like giving a Ferrari to a 5 years old child, he gets a lot of power but he doesn't know how to use it properly.

And no matter what you do, touch controls will never be at the same level of real buttons and sticks, that's the big barrier for mobile gaming to be at the same level of portables.
#100MegaMettaurPosted 11/8/2012 2:51:22 AM
Compass posted...
lol @ Ponies bringing 3DS into the picture to try to defray the damage.

lol@ trolls constantly comparing the Vita to something else.
---
Playing (vita): Disgaea 1&2, UMvC3, MGSHD, BBCS2 EX. PSN: Roksor.
See that? I'm actually playing my Vita. Scrubs.