Vita fans is to be blamed for Call of Duty vita being sold at a premium price

#1xfactorPosted 11/8/2012 5:09:30 PM
I made a thread several months ago warning the fan base how buying Uncharted vita will lead to a premium priced Call of Duty vita.

http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/620272-playstation-vita/61916090

And I was right. The fanbase ignored the warning and now they are faced with a quick cash-in title that cost more than the standard handheld title.

While uncharted vita isn't spectacular compared to games on other platforms, it was one of the highest selling titles for the vita. Sony and vita publishers/devs see the vita fanbase as an easy money gouging victims from the sales of uncharted vita.

To continue telling the publishers and Sony that you are willing to be a cash-grab victim or make a stand by boycotting the game to send a message to them that you, as a gamer, won't tolerate them for increasing pricing standard for handheld title? Your call.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#2NnamzPosted 11/8/2012 5:15:12 PM
Pro Tip: Uncharted sold half a million copies several months ago, and likely much more than that by this point. People will pay $50 for a game they want to play. If they don't think COD is worth it, it won't sell 500 000 copies. If it does sell that much then it means people were fine with it, at least the ones who bought it.

You can't sit there and tell people what they should and shouldn't do with their money.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#3SuperVegito2487Posted 11/8/2012 5:16:27 PM
Im willing to pay full price for vita games since its not just a handheld but a really powerfull handheld... besides the games are a bit cheaper than others... not by much, but still..

If the game has the quallity of a ps3/360/pc game then it should also be sold at the price of it.
---
http://www.xkcd.com/609/ GT SuperVegitoFAN
This is why Chrome isnt as good as people says.
#4kdiz4321Posted 11/8/2012 5:20:13 PM
xfactor posted...
While uncharted vita isn't spectacular compared to games on other platforms, it was one of the highest selling titles for the vita. Sony and vita publishers/devs see the vita fanbase as an easy money gouging victims from the sales of uncharted vita.

I think the purchase of the vita already showed that the fanbase is an easy money gouging victim.
---
I am not an early adopter. If your system is as awesome as you say it is, it will still be in stores when the games I want are out.
#5DemiFistPosted 11/8/2012 5:23:28 PM
kdiz4321 posted...
xfactor posted...

I think the purchase of the vita already showed that the fanbase is an easy money gouging victim.

And you just sound stupid.
---
Eluveitie greatest Band Ever, So "Get Da Folk UP!!!"
#6Sevi_neyPosted 11/8/2012 5:23:47 PM
No, it probably has to do with the franchise name Call of Duty. Just like the franchise named Uncharted. Both are very popular titles. Naturally, developers are able to boost the pricing, because people will buy at a higher price on brand alone. It has nothing to do with Vita fans.

The Vita is floundering, so it wouldn't make sense to price your game higher than standard rates unless you know it would sell.
---
Nostalgia --> http://imageshack.us/a/img845/4495/ponglol.jpg
(+.[___].+)
#7xfactor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 5:33:31 PM
Nnamz posted...
Pro Tip: Uncharted sold half a million copies several months ago, and likely much more than that by this point. People will pay $50 for a game they want to play. If they don't think COD is worth it, it won't sell 500 000 copies. If it does sell that much then it means people were fine with it, at least the ones who bought it.

You can't sit there and tell people what they should and shouldn't do with their money.

That's precisely why I used the word "warning" there. Ultimately its their choice if they want to purchase it or not. Right now, there is no hard evidence that suggest a $50 will do well for non-Vita handheld title, so specifically saying, at the moment only Vita owners will pay $50 for a game they want to play on a handheld.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#8xfactor(Topic Creator)Posted 11/8/2012 5:35:33 PM
Sevi_ney posted...
No, it probably has to do with the franchise name Call of Duty. Just like the franchise named Uncharted. Both are very popular titles. Naturally, developers are able to boost the pricing, because people will buy at a higher price on brand alone. It has nothing to do with Vita fans.

The Vita is floundering, so it wouldn't make sense to price your game higher than standard rates unless you know it would sell.

These didn't happened last gen, when branded titles in handheld form were not selling at a premium price.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#9StrikeNinja24Posted 11/8/2012 5:37:07 PM
Nnamz posted...

Just because one buys a game doesnt mean they enjoyed it.
---
Xbox & PS3 gametag = StrikeNinja24
And if Strike didn't stroke his own peen, then nobody would. - Super-Pangolin
#10NnamzPosted 11/8/2012 5:39:54 PM
xfactor posted...

That's precisely why I used the word "warning" there. Ultimately its their choice if they want to purchase it or not.

And clearly it bothers you that people can choose to buy what they want to buy. If the price were really a problem for most people, Uncharted wouldn't have sold.

Right now, there is no hard evidence that suggest a $50 will do well for non-Vita handheld title, so specifically saying, at the moment only Vita owners will pay $50 for a game they want to play on a handheld.

Many people did not have a problem paying more money for a game which cost more to develop. Uncharted was the most expensive Vita launch game, and the most expensive game Bend has ever created (and they did make console games before). I had no problem paying $10 extra for it knowing that. I do have a problem paying $10 for COD, which has a 1 year development time, is stripped down, and doesn't look anywhere near as good as Uncharted. And I suspect many people are in the same boat as me.

You seem to live in a world where all games cost the same to develop and that this is reflected in their pricing.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.