NPD October 2012 Sales Results

#71McMarblesPosted 11/9/2012 6:55:52 AM
Butt_Squid posted...
LOL.. from the neogaf thread.

On average, PS Vita is selling about 24 units in each US state daily, hows that for a stat.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44144477&postcount=330

Oh Sony....

Only 24 people per state buying Vita. Ouch

Wow, that's a lot! Try counting to 24! You can't, can you? Sony always wins, baby!
---
Currently playing: Suikoden
Rainbow Dash is best pony. Fact.
#72SuperShyGuy9000Posted 11/9/2012 8:42:11 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
Starwars4J posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
Wow 360 and PS3 owning Wii so bad.

Yeah, it's successor is coming out in like two weeks. It's like how the DS' sales went down. Just like how the PSP will never catch up to the DS' sales, and the 360 and PS3 will never catch up to the Wii's sales.

I can't wait for Wii U,

It's going to be crazy, who will flop more Vita or Wii U? its going to be nice

Hold the phone here.
Seeing some of your posts in other threads you are one of the Vita's biggest defender. But in this post you have admitted the Vita is a flop? And now your only question is which will flop more?
#73jarrixiPosted 11/9/2012 8:59:00 AM
Oh my. People waited for the AC3 bundle. And how convenient it wasn't included in the NPD results.
#74Enigma149Posted 11/9/2012 9:03:45 AM
Just going to run some math, here:

According to the NPD...
The PS Vita sold 35 thousand units in the United States during October 2012

This means that...

-1 out of every 8,903 people purchased a PS Vita during the month of October.

-The PS Vita sold an average of 1,129 units each day.
-The PS Vita sold an average of 47 units each hour.
-1 PS Vita was sold every 1 minute and 16.5 seconds.

-Each state had approximately 700 PS Vitas sold in it during the month of October.
-This equates to approximately 22.5 PS Vitas each day.
-This, in turn, equates to 1 PS Vita sold in each state every 2 hours and 39.5 minutes.

-If sales of the Vita are proportional to the population of states, the state that had the most PS Vitas sold in it was California, with 4,234 PS Vitas.
-Likewise, the state with the least PS Vitas sold in it was Wyoming, with approximately 64 PS Vitas.

-These 35,000 PS Vitas equates to somewhere between $8,750,000 (assuming all were Wi-fi model PS Vitas) and $10,500,000 (3G) spent on PS Vita units.
-The earlier figure is 0.00005799% of the US's total GDP; the latter, 0.00006958%.
-The earlier figure is approximately the quantity of money the United States Public Debt grows by in 3 minutes and 40.5 seconds; the latter, 4 minutes and 24.5 seconds.
-The earlier figure equates to approximately 1,206,896 hours of minimum-wage pay; the latter, 1,448,275 hours.

-According to the NPD, the video game industry declined by approximately 25% from September to October, based on total revenue generated. To compare, PS Vita sales dropped by approximately 30%.
-The PS Vita's biggest competition, the 3DS, saw sales drop by 6%.
-The PS Vita's predecessor, the PSP, saw sales remain virtually steady.
-The only other system to remain virtually steady was the XBox 360.
-The biggest sales drop suffered by any system was the Wii, which saw sales drop by approximately 50%.

-The best-selling game available on the Vita was Madden NFL 13; however, this is based on all units sold across all 4 platforms it is currently available on.

-Approximately 0.45% of Sony's projected 10 million combined PSP and PS Vita sales this year occurred during the month of October.

Those are the numbers. Now, you can argue over what they mean.
---
3DS:4897-5935-1924; PS3 sold in anticipation of PS4. If you added CrimsonEnigma, I no longer use the account.
'Your opinion does not matter.' -DesperateMonkey
#75Megaman OmegaPosted 11/9/2012 9:04:57 AM
jairusmonillas posted...
Starwars4J posted...
jairusmonillas posted...

Yeah, it's successor is coming out in like two weeks. It's like how the DS' sales went down. Just like how the PSP will never catch up to the DS' sales, and the 360 and PS3 will never catch up to the Wii's sales.

I can't wait for Wii U,

Considering the U already outsold the Vita on preorders alone...
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
#76ManjiMidouPosted 11/9/2012 9:08:38 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
Starwars4J posted...
jairusmonillas posted...

I can't wait for Wii U,

Goes to show you how nintendo fans are more of a blind consumers than others. Buying an outdated console for 350 with a piss poor HD that will eventually become obsolete when the ps4, next xbox comes out..

Hah
#77KebiinuPosted 11/9/2012 9:54:10 AM
ManjiMidou posted...
Megaman Omega posted...
jairusmonillas posted...
Starwars4J posted...
jairusmonillas posted...

I can't wait for Wii U,

Goes to show you how nintendo fans are more of a blind consumers than others. Buying an outdated console for 350 with a piss poor HD that will eventually become obsolete when the ps4, next xbox comes out..

Hah

:|
---
3DS FC: 4167 - 4502 - 6171
PSN: Kebiinu
#78Manilo_PunishPosted 11/9/2012 10:04:11 AM
Sony should be proud of selling 35k. Do you guys realize how long it takes to process that many transactions? I worked in retail many years ago and just the thought of going threw 35k transactions is really scary. It would take me at least a year to go threw all of those transactions. Not the job for me fellas. Sony is probably kicking back with the feet held high.
---
The Punish.
#79FierceJelloPosted 11/9/2012 10:06:22 AM
With both MvC3 and SFxTK bombing badly on the Vita, I'll be suprised if Capcom continues to support hte Vita.
#80CompassPosted 11/9/2012 10:08:28 AM
McMarbles posted...
Butt_Squid posted...
LOL.. from the neogaf thread.

On average, PS Vita is selling about 24 units in each US state daily, hows that for a stat.

http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=44144477&postcount=330

Oh Sony....

Only 24 people per state buying Vita. Ouch

Wow, that's a lot! Try counting to 24! You can't, can you? Sony always wins, baby!

lol.