Sony's credit rating lowered to one point above junk bond status

#51monkeyspoonPosted 11/12/2012 6:03:57 AM
Gamenamebully posted...
monkeyspoon posted...
Gamenamebully posted...
FKRW4Life posted...
quickposter posted...
They aren't trolling the system. They are speaking facts that Sony is in trouble and their money woes aren't going away. Realistically a business needs time to recover but when you are bleeding money like this people will say "you had time already".

No. Pretty sure they are trolling 99% of the time when it's the same posters posting the same topics. LOVE that the mods nailed em finally :). Right Narrius and squall :D

This thread however is not trolling. This is sharing something new and informational, albeit depressing.

I think people exaggerate news stories here to the point where some people can't tell apart trolling and actual news.

Users like omg-a-pony search for multiple negative topics and post in them with the sole purpose of bumping them to the top. Trolls like that only want negative topics to dominate the vita board. When the 1st page is full of negative topics from the same few people you can guarantee its the same few trolls bumping them. Usually omg-a-pony.

And don't positive news on the Vita get overshadowed by their bumping? :/

I don't mind negative news unless it's nonstop negative news from the same few people who have been labeled as a troll before.

Trolls like nariousseldon only post negative topics. In fact they post multiple topics about the same thing.

Really stupid trolls like diedje81 have now been banned which is excellent.
#52serenade_betaPosted 11/12/2012 6:39:54 AM
It's a new story, but not a surprising one. Sony's credit ranking has been dropping for a long time now.
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
#53blunderminePosted 11/12/2012 7:14:08 AM
Hasn't Sony already started selling off assets? I remember reading somewhere they sold their chemical division, among others. Could be someone else though.

The Playstation brand would probably be one of the last to go, which is not good news for video game fans.
---
So if Nintendo changed the name of the Wii - U, would they be pulling a U-Wii?
#54Mig_MejPosted 11/12/2012 7:36:48 AM
Damn, 3DS killed Vita.

Damn, Samsung done killed Sony electronics.

Damn, Sony needs a new home system to save they ass boy.

But are Sony pictures doing good, they put out top grossing movies recently?
---
Worst E3 ever.
#55xfactorPosted 11/12/2012 8:07:41 AM
Oxo_64 posted...
What would happen if Sony's credit rating did reach junk bond status exactly?

the company would find it substantially harder to issues bonds to raise funds as many investors will not invest in junk bonds. Not only that, but Sony would be forced to pay substantially higher interest rates when it did find investors…further deteriorating its profitability.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#56LHS_2012Posted 11/12/2012 8:30:43 AM
blundermine posted...
Hasn't Sony already started selling off assets? I remember reading somewhere they sold their chemical division, among others. Could be someone else though.

The Playstation brand would probably be one of the last to go, which is not good news for video game fans.

They have, but doing so is only allowing them to break even: They aren't recovering from their massive debt much at all.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#57Megaman OmegaPosted 11/12/2012 8:34:11 AM
Wow... That's the third cut this year, isn't it?
---
The PS3 is dead in Japan. - Sailor Goon
The Japanese don't like games such as Hot Shots Golf. - Sailor Goon
#58LHS_2012Posted 11/12/2012 8:40:27 AM
Megaman Omega posted...
Wow... That's the third cut this year, isn't it?

Well, technically. I looked it up after this topic was posted. The first two were from S&P, this one was from Moody's. Not necessarily better news than three cuts from S&P (in fact, this is kinda worse), but whatever.
---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O_N_WTiMga4
#59MetalZoicPosted 11/12/2012 8:45:21 AM
blundermine posted...

They sold off their LCD business to Samsung last year for almost 1 Billion if I remember right.

I wonder what Sony would sell for right now? I think I read somewhere that Samsung has 200 billion in capital... that might do it. The PS4 would probably actually be well thought out if Samsung built it instead.
#60FayeLadyPosted 11/12/2012 8:59:15 AM
MetalZoic posted...
blundermine posted...

They sold off their LCD business to Samsung last year for almost 1 Billion if I remember right.

I wonder what Sony would sell for right now? I think I read somewhere that Samsung has 200 billion in capital... that might do it. The PS4 would probably actually be well thought out if Samsung built it instead.

I don't think anyone would buy it right now. That would be like someone buying RIM or Nokia. Everything indicates those companies will just be cheaper this time next year.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.