Is Sony going to abandon the Vita ?

#81MMaestroPosted 11/11/2012 9:55:06 AM
SuperShyGuy9000 posted...
ThePonyCollie posted...
No. Sony won't abandon this work of art just because some trolls think so. It's just struggling now like all other PS systems in the beginning.

What? Sony has had five gaming devices out

PS1 and PS2 blasted out of the gates and never looked back

PS3, PSP and PSV are the ones that had troubles

So not all of them struggled in the beginning

The PS1 had its ass kicked up and down the street until FFVII came out.
#82F_WolfPosted 11/11/2012 2:43:06 PM(edited)
DemonDog666 posted...
F_Wolf posted...
DemonDog666 posted...
squatch22 posted...
Love SpiritDogs hypocrisy.

You're the ones being hypocritical. I've done this dance before, if I get a source you just forget about it or pretend it's wrong while still demanding a source and offering no source of your own. It didn't take me long to not bother ever giving sources to trolls.

You may need to practice the dance more, cause you really suck at it. There is already a source in this thread and countless others proving their point, yet no source to be found for YOUR point.

It's ok though, we get it, your one of those ones that has to justify there purpose till the end. If you bought a boat with a hole in it your would be standing in it preaching about how everyone leaving on life boats is wrong as the sea water floods into your mouth.

There isn't a single source stating that vita is losing money in this thread.

Sorry, all I could hear is "Blub blub blub, this boat is great blub blub blub".
Also, your eyes appear to be closed.

I mean, didn't Sony say they didn't expect to make money on the Vita till about 3 years after it's release? Why would that have been changed now, considering how "well" it is doing?
#83CompassPosted 11/11/2012 2:52:11 PM
MMaestro posted...
ThePonyCollie posted...
No. Sony won't abandon this work of art just because some trolls think so. It's just struggling now like all other PS systems in the beginning.

What? Give me one source that supports that. Were you even alive in 1996? PlayStation was a smash hit from the get-go and steadily gained steam from there. FFVII was a big game, but it hardly single-handedly saved the PlayStation. Lord, the misinformation and revisionist history on GFAQs.
#84AceAndJunpeiPosted 11/12/2012 11:41:17 AM
MMaestro posted...
ThePonyCollie posted...

LMAO, no. The PS1 easily trounced Saturn and N64 in sales before FF7 came out. Revisionist history indeed...what a joke.
#85townparkradioPosted 11/12/2012 4:22:03 PM

. It's the most popular and best selling system of all time. The only system that come close to rivaling it is the DS.

You misspelled "Commodore 64".
#86The J0kerPosted 11/13/2012 1:20:08 AM
PS1 was actually a relative slow-starter considering what it eventually sold:

http://garaph.info/shipmentcompare.php?ddmode=0&dbegin=&dend=2500&width=&height=&mwidth=&lweight=&title=&ymin=&ymax=&html=2&sysreg[0]=N64_WW&sysreg[1]=PS1_WWold&sysreg[2]=&sysreg[3]=&sysreg[4]=&sysreg[5]=&sysreg[6]=&sysreg[7]=

This is partly due to the staggered launch, but even in just the US, N64 had a better start:

http://garaph.info/shipmentcompare.php?ddmode=0&dbegin=&dend=2500&width=&height=&mwidth=&lweight=&title=&ymin=&ymax=&html=2&sysreg[0]=PS1_NAold&sysreg[1]=N64_NA&sysreg[2]=&sysreg[3]=&sysreg[4]=&sysreg[5]=&sysreg[6]=&sysreg[7]=

Due to it's headstart it was never not in the lead however and it certainly wasn't doing poorly before FFVII released.