It's not free, you still have to pay for the service

#51CaliaztecPosted 11/13/2012 1:30:39 PM(edited)
biggy204 posted...
Caliaztec posted...
Also you are completely wrong. PS+ has never been a rental service, people can label it such all they want. But the Instant Game Collection is one of the newer bonuses to PS+. PS+ had been going on for some time before the Instant Game Collection ever came to existence. So you are completely wrong in saying that for some that have been subscribed to PS+ since its inception like myself have gotten all of the games for free!

PS+ is a premium service that offers free games as long as you stay subscribed. "If people sub to PS+ for the free games that is their own reason for such, but it is hardly the purpose or main selling point of PS+, as it was a popular service before the free games.

Its kind of like a rental service still as those PS+ Games that are labled "free" on their weekly specials. Those games get removed from your PS3 if you decide to canel the Plus service after your subscription runs out.

It is only a rental service for people who get it for the sole purpose of the games though. That's the point I am trying to make, a lot of people including myself subbed to plus before we got an instant game collection. We had free games from time to time, and it had the same stipulations as now. But the price and content has always been the same before the free game collection. But since the inception of the instant game collection some people wanna label it as a rental service which it really is not. Sony always states that the game collection is a bonus for being a member of PS+ which has always been about the premium services, its your normal PS with a little plus!

Also renting to me implies choice, I can go to the video section of PSN and choose a movie to rent for a period of time. The PS+ game are games that are chosen by Sony and offered to me as a bonus for subbing.
---
Playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted on Vita add me!
PSN: Caliaztec
#52D_Rich_KingPosted 11/13/2012 2:09:21 PM
Caliaztec posted...
biggy204 posted...
Caliaztec posted...
Also you are completely wrong. PS+ has never been a rental service, people can label it such all they want. But the Instant Game Collection is one of the newer bonuses to PS+. PS+ had been going on for some time before the Instant Game Collection ever came to existence. So you are completely wrong in saying that for some that have been subscribed to PS+ since its inception like myself have gotten all of the games for free!

PS+ is a premium service that offers free games as long as you stay subscribed. "If people sub to PS+ for the free games that is their own reason for such, but it is hardly the purpose or main selling point of PS+, as it was a popular service before the free games.

Its kind of like a rental service still as those PS+ Games that are labled "free" on their weekly specials. Those games get removed from your PS3 if you decide to canel the Plus service after your subscription runs out.

It is only a rental service for people who get it for the sole purpose of the games though. That's the point I am trying to make, a lot of people including myself subbed to plus before we got an instant game collection. We had free games from time to time, and it had the same stipulations as now. But the price and content has always been the same before the free game collection. But since the inception of the instant game collection some people wanna label it as a rental service which it really is not. Sony always states that the game collection is a bonus for being a member of PS+ which has always been about the premium services, its your normal PS with a little plus!

Also renting to me implies choice, I can go to the video section of PSN and choose a movie to rent for a period of time. The PS+ game are games that are chosen by Sony and offered to me as a bonus for subbing.

I'm sorry but the main reason people subscribe to PS+ is to get the free complete games, not small discounts on PSN games. At least that is the case for me. Effectively the IGC is a rental service, but it's such good value for money and you can rent games for as long as you subscribe.
---
DLC is a method of Corporate Profiteering. Will You buy into it?
#53SocksForWok720Posted 11/13/2012 2:10:42 PM
You also lose access to your free games when you stop paying.

Not so free after all v_v
#54Shadow2790xPosted 11/13/2012 2:20:52 PM
You also lose access to your free games when you stop paying.

Not so free after all v_v

They tell you that every single time you download a "free" game.
Besides, the games are free and fully functional if you have the service.

You're paying for the service, not the games.
---
...You will be screaming: YES! YES! YES!
PSN: Shadow2790x --- "Has a nice ring to it, don't you think?"
#55_WolfBro_Posted 11/13/2012 2:23:09 PM
my wife buys coupon books from my son's school. the coupons cost us money but the items we get at discounted prices, or they are buy one get one free..
after the money we have payed for the book is "returned" in the savings we get from coupons, technically after that it is free

it all works out to be more of a benefit in the long run.

Cost upfront. savings in the long run.

that is the way i see playstation Plus.
#56Mr_Big_BossPosted 11/13/2012 2:29:06 PM
PS+ sucks

I just ended a 30 day trial and got nothing out of it except a couple avatars and themes.
---
the end of one nightmare, prelude to the another...
#57_WolfBro_Posted 11/13/2012 2:32:03 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#58_WolfBro_Posted 11/13/2012 2:38:27 PM(edited)
i have never understood why people complain about that after plus runs out you cannot play the game anymore. that is part of the deal.

if the game is that good that you are playing it a year later. support the developers even more and buy it.

people do this all the time with tv shows. watch the entire season of a show on the network. and then go out and buy the box set.
#59D_Rich_KingPosted 11/13/2012 2:42:44 PM
Mr_Big_Boss posted...
PS+ sucks

I just ended a 30 day trial and got nothing out of it except a couple avatars and themes.

You really should have saved your trial for when something really good comes up...
---
DLC is a method of Corporate Profiteering. Will You buy into it?
#60CaliaztecPosted 11/13/2012 3:35:26 PM
D_Rich_King posted...
Caliaztec posted...
biggy204 posted...
Caliaztec posted...

I'm sorry but the main reason people subscribe to PS+ is to get the free complete games, not small discounts on PSN games. At least that is the case for me. Effectively the IGC is a rental service, but it's such good value for money and you can rent games for as long as you subscribe.

You are clearly clueless of what all you get with PS+ that makes it so much more then a "rental service" and PSN discounts.

Automatic updates alone make it worth it. The ability to once a week scour the Playstation store and download whatever I want, have missed out on previous updates, or new free games with PS+. Turn off my system and they will be downloaded and installed for the next time I turn my PS3 on.

Couple that with cloud saves, Beta exclusives, discounts and trials of full games you have a damn great premium service IMO. If you get it solely for the free games more power to you but that doesn't make it a glorified rental service for Sony or others who use it for all it offers.
---
Playing Need for Speed: Most Wanted on Vita add me!
PSN: Caliaztec