I never thought Id have a GameStop Story to tell

#1GoodOlWanduPosted 11/13/2012 1:40:18 PM
Its not a rant or anything, just a story.

I went in today to pay off my Hitman: Absolution and pick up Lego LotR. The store manager was looking up my account and goes, "U picking up Persona 4: Golden today too?". Im puzzled and go, "It came out today? Sure ill pick it up!" He grabs it from the counter behind it and then goes, "Sorry i cant sell it to you because it releases 11/20." I was like, "Ahh man, oh well. Ill just come get it when i come get Himan and PSASBR."

Im hating release dates right now because that happened lol. Oh well. After next week, im done with buying games til Jan for Ni No Kuni. Ive got too many games that im playing right now. Some i havent even started. At least i was able to see that P4G is gonna be in stock and i dont get the run around like i did with Ragnarok Odyssey.
---
PSN: Wandu
XBL: TALTON 187
#22camelintinycarPosted 11/13/2012 1:42:46 PM
once you left he told the other employies "Did you see the look on his face Bwahahahahaha"
---
I posted this for you!!
#3GoodOlWandu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 1:44:10 PM
Lol they probably did. I dont care as long as i get my games.
---
#4TheExiled280Posted 11/13/2012 2:35:11 PM
Ninja trolling by GameStop

SMH
---
Currently Playing: Assassin's Creed Liberation(PSV), Ragnarok Odyssey(PSV), New Little King Story(PSV), BlazBlue CSE(PSV)
#5Thirdrail1Posted 11/13/2012 2:47:35 PM
When Dirt 2 came out, the Gamestop I was using at the time actually put the gutted boxes out on the shelves, and made a huge display of the game boxes behind the counter... a week before the game launched... and then refused to sell the game to anyone.

The store in question was right on the US/Mexico border, so it's basically the Gamestop for all of Baja California, and insanely busy all the time. Baja, where off road racing is a super popular. I yelled at them. Then three people later another dude was yelling at them, in Spanish, and a few people later someone else exploded. It was like one giant non-stop rage machine. lol
---
Understand this: Game reviews are written by people who think being a "video game journalist" is possible.
#6medmusclePosted 11/13/2012 2:52:03 PM
Did you get to see the golden box goodness with your own eyes? If so, you are so cool.
---
If you want to see FF Type-0 localized, put it in your sig and go here to sign: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html
#7TinyTim123Posted 11/13/2012 3:09:29 PM
My local independent video game store, the owner cares not for street dates. He will warn you that sometimes XBox will ban your account if you play online early, though. Meh, I barely play anything online. Maybe Borderlands 2 with friends.
---
http://www.explosm.net/comics/657/
#8GoodOlWandu(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 3:48:17 PM
medmuscle posted...
Did you get to see the golden box goodness with your own eyes? If so, you are so cool.

No i didnt. I only saw about 8-10 copies stacked behind him. They were still opening their shipments of other games.
---
#9medmusclePosted 11/14/2012 1:37:04 PM
GoodOlWandu posted...
medmuscle posted...

No i didnt. I only saw about 8-10 copies stacked behind him. They were still opening their shipments of other games.

Ah. Man I can't wait for it to come out. I have two copies pre-ordered.
---
If you want to see FF Type-0 localized, put it in your sig and go here to sign: http://www.gopetition.com/petitions/project-crystallis.html