Looks like Monster Hunter will be coming to Vita soon

#31pikachupwnagePosted 11/13/2012 8:06:21 PM(edited)
Icecreamdunwich posted...
was a port and only released in Japan

So was 3G for the 3ds.

Oh noes! What're you gonna do, Senor?

Not Senor.

And apparently Japan is a handheld centric country, so how is that a fair comparison?

I cannot Believe you are still trying to deny it <_>
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#32SagadegoPosted 11/13/2012 8:10:22 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
was a port and only released in Japan

So was 3G for the 3ds.

Oh noes! What're you gonna do, Senor?

Not Senor.

And apparently Japan is a handheld centric country, so how is that a fair comparison?

I cannot Believe you are still trying to deny it <_>

let him, he's bad as sprirt of bat.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
#33mattfrankPosted 11/13/2012 8:11:41 PM
1 in 5 3DS owners in Japan own MH3G,which exceeds the entire PSV install base in Japan.The most popular and best selling japanese games,Zelda,Mario,Pokemon,Dragon Quest found Nintendo as its home,it's clear to see Capcom's ambitions and their plans for MH.
#34IcecreamdunwichPosted 11/13/2012 8:13:27 PM

You fell right into my trap. ;)

See why Tri for the Wii didn't "do so well" now?

That's why I said it, if Tri's excuse is that it's because Japan is a handheld centric country (despite being released worldwide...) then the same excuse can apply for P3rdHD (despite only being released in Japan and being a port).

But hey, nice attempt at a "trap card" there champ/
#35mattfrankPosted 11/13/2012 8:16:17 PM
Wow senor is calling'MHpturd' the worst title regarded by its fanbase as the best MH.LOL
#36NathanisDrakePosted 11/13/2012 8:24:06 PM
That's why I said it, if Tri's excuse is that it's because Japan is a handheld centric country (despite being released worldwide...) then the same excuse can apply for P3rdHD (despite only being released in Japan and being a port).

But hey, nice attempt at a "trap card" there champ/

...Your point? I already made mine, but It seems we're in an agreement here, so what are you trying to prove, exactly?
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#37Natureboy99Posted 11/13/2012 8:26:45 PM
amonte64 posted...
That doesn't mean Monster Hunter will come to PSVita soon but it could show that PlayStation consumers prefer the game than Nintendo consumers.

Pretty much this. Honestly I really wonder about the technical competance of the MH team. I can't think of any other reason to avoid HD platforms. It's not a Capcom hating Sony thing, because they have made several PS3 and Vita games recently. I think Capcom thinks it is cheaper for them to just make last gen MH games with lower budgets than to step up the series to full (and expensive) next gen. The problem is, they are really hurting the MH franchise in the process. It is clear from franchise sales that there are way more MH fans with Sony platforms than otherwise. Remember, MHP3 outsold Tri by over double, and MHP3 was only released in Japan with no online. Tri had a worldwide release WITH online.

MH is a hardcore franchise being made for a casual platform. Install base is not helping when its the demographics thats the problem. All that said, I still give Capcom enough credit to believe they ARE making a true next gen MH. It's just going to take a while for them to ramp up.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#38NathanisDrakePosted 11/13/2012 8:31:45 PM
Natureboy99 posted...
MH is a hardcore franchise being made for a casual platform.

Such ignorant statement can only be made by som...*checks username* Oh, no wonder.

Keep on crying, boy. Your tears are delicious.
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#39amonte64Posted 11/13/2012 8:31:48 PM
Natureboy99 posted...
amonte64 posted...
That doesn't mean Monster Hunter will come to PSVita soon but it could show that PlayStation consumers prefer the game than Nintendo consumers.

Pretty much this. Honestly I really wonder about the technical competance of the MH team. I can't think of any other reason to avoid HD platforms. It's not a Capcom hating Sony thing, because they have made several PS3 and Vita games recently. I think Capcom thinks it is cheaper for them to just make last gen MH games with lower budgets than to step up the series to full (and expensive) next gen. The problem is, they are really hurting the MH franchise in the process. It is clear from franchise sales that there are way more MH fans with Sony platforms than otherwise. Remember, MHP3 outsold Tri by over double, and MHP3 was only released in Japan with no online. Tri had a worldwide release WITH online.

MH is a hardcore franchise being made for a casual platform. Install base is not helping when its the demographics thats the problem. All that said, I still give Capcom enough credit to believe they ARE making a true next gen MH. It's just going to take a while for them to ramp up.

This my good sir. It feels so good to see people that actually make sense, use good old common sense, fact and don't talk non sense. +1
#40pikachupwnagePosted 11/13/2012 8:49:12 PM
NathanisDrake posted...
Natureboy99 posted...
MH is a hardcore franchise being made for a casual platform.

Such ignorant statement can only be made by som...*checks username* Oh, no wonder.

Keep on crying, boy. Your tears are delicious.

This right here.

3DS a "casual platform?"

Don't make me laugh. How is Vita hardcore and 3DS not?
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF