Looks like Monster Hunter will be coming to Vita soon

#41LuminescentRulePosted 11/13/2012 10:11:43 PM
Didn't Monster Hunter Freedom 3 HD Version sold something like 400k in Japan? So, a port of a port on a smaller installbase sold about 50% of what the MH Tri sold on the Wii...
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#42xfactorPosted 11/13/2012 10:22:17 PM
NathanisDrake posted...
Natureboy99 posted...
MH is a hardcore franchise being made for a casual platform.

Such ignorant statement can only be made by som...*checks username* Oh, no wonder.

Keep on crying, boy. Your tears are delicious.

Oh well, thats means the psp, 360, ps3 are all casual platforms now.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#43mattfrankPosted 11/13/2012 10:25:26 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
Natureboy99 posted...

Such ignorant statement can only be made by som...*checks username* Oh, no wonder.

This right here.

3DS a "casual platform?"

Don't make me laugh. How is Vita hardcore and 3DS not?

Yeah why is MHpturd on PSP/PS3 braindead easy??
#44LuminescentRulePosted 11/13/2012 10:27:25 PM
NathanisDrake posted...
Natureboy99 posted...

This right here.

3DS a "casual platform?"

I think he means that it targets mostly the casuals.
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#45NathanisDrakePosted 11/13/2012 10:30:30 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
Didn't Monster Hunter Freedom 3 HD Version sold something like 400k in Japan? So, a port of a port on a smaller installbase sold about 50% of what the MH Tri sold on the Wii...

^So much FACTS. This is unarguably the most factually accurate post I've ever read.

/sarcasm
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#46marsvalientPosted 11/13/2012 10:42:22 PM
pikachupwnage posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
Natureboy99 posted...

This right here.

3DS a "casual platform?"

Even if he fudged that statement, Raid games and thus hardcore raid gamers have so far generally leaned away from the Nintendo Line.

BTW Hardcore and Casual, they don't mean what I think most people use them to mean...

In general the PSP offered more Raid experiences then the DS ever hoped to, this pattern seems to persist to the new gen as well.

Just in reading random sites in Japan the 3ds isn't really set to take the genre any time soon and there are a number of reasons for it from the raid perspective. It's a large subject blah blah blah.

In general the statement he made about the demographics not really lining up completely is still true in it's root. Just the terminology was wrong, Hardcore needs to apply to something as Hardcore means roughly "The most you can be into something" so a hardcore gamer is someone living in a basement dining on hotpockets and mountain dew and dies of a heart attack or stroke caused by the blood clot formed in their legs due to lack of movement....

Applied to the proper term "Hardcore Raid Gamer" and it isn't that far off really, raid games on DS/3ds is now limited to what... PSzero and MH3G from all I can recall at the moment. And really when holding PSzero against it's PSP counterparts it's largely lacking...
---
Vita: New Little Kings Story, Dream C Club 0 Portable, Assault Gunners
PS3: Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny, Gal*Gun, Borderlands 2
#47CLOUDSTRlFEPosted 11/14/2012 1:21:06 AM
I don't have any hope to Monster Hunter on Vita since it was belong to Capcom better look forward to Ragnarok Odyssey and Soul Sacrifice.
#48quickposterPosted 11/14/2012 1:37:01 AM
This is straw grasping of the highest level. I think we can all agree Monster Hunter will get on there eventually but 3DS sales will have absolutely nothing to do with it. Capcom will just put it on there.

There are tonnes of reports of third party games selling diabolically bad on Vita. I expected AC to sell at least 500, 000 in physical copies on the first week. I can list tonnes of 3DS third party games that outsold that so your post comes off as incredibly trollish TC.
---
Bethesda not convinced people will buy the next xbox and PS4: your install base always starts at zero
#49Natureboy99Posted 11/14/2012 2:17:37 PM
LuminescentRule posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
Natureboy99 posted...

This right here.

3DS a "casual platform?"

I think he means that it targets mostly the casuals.

Yup. It was a general statement and they know it. I've been through this before with them. In fact I think he used the delicious tears line before. *yawn*
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#50GeminiX7Posted 11/14/2012 2:25:32 PM
Sagadego posted...

wrong senor it, was retail game.

MHP3rd HD was a port that only sold in Japan, a country that already had the Portable version for months. Why would it sell well? Its literally the same game, minus the portable ad-hoc play thats most popular in the only region it was sold in.

So what was the point of bringing it up again?
---
"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."