Looks like Monster Hunter will be coming to Vita soon

#61marsvalientPosted 11/14/2012 1:50:06 PM
KingJaggi posted...
marsvalient posted...
KingJaggi posted...
But didn't the psp have bigger userbase at that time?

That's why I said if their only worried about that. But as I've said before the number of variables that effects these software sales is more then plentiful. And too many little gamer fanboys on all sides only look at the ones that appear to be favorable to their preference.

There is a lot. It's a big subject blah blah blah.

Thats why i hate fanboys.

Well just becareful with that. You think your agreeing with me but you might not. Install base is also one of those odd variables that may or may not play into what people are assuming the situation is. There is a lot more to the subject.

And the blind hatred of even the fanboys that often hits this forum also can invalidate some actually useful tidbits of information as people negate the entire post on one point or one word even.
---
Vita: New Little Kings Story, Dream C Club 0 Portable, Assault Gunners
PS3: Rune Factory: Tides of Destiny, Gal*Gun, Borderlands 2
#62kakashik99992Posted 11/14/2012 1:57:24 PM(edited)
Wait for MH4 pretty face especially considering how many series are having the 3DS entry to have record sales Animal Crossing is the most recent addition.

And those comparing MHF the ps2 game sold like crap but the PSP did good because despite being a port it went to handheld for the first time and there found the franchise market.

Plus you need to give some time to the fans to make the transition to the 3DS
#63ZendaikPosted 11/14/2012 1:54:10 PM(edited)
Lol.

1. The PSP had years to build up a MH fanbase across multiple games.

2. This is basically the third iteration of the MH3 games (MH3, MHP3, MH3G. There's also MHP3 HD I guess.) and an expansion of MH3/the main series which isn't as popular as the Portable games. This might change now that the main series is on a portable now though.

3. MH3G has sold 500k+ more than the Vita's LTD in Japan.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#64ZacKxFaiRPosted 11/15/2012 1:19:00 AM
Better play Ragnarok Odyssey first while waiting on MH
#65LuminescentRulePosted 11/15/2012 1:31:23 AM
1. The PSP had years to build up a MH fanbase across multiple games.

Really? Because it seems to me that they hit gold with the second entry on the PSP.

2. This is basically the third iteration of the MH3 games (MH3, MHP3, MH3G. There's also MHP3 HD I guess.) and an expansion of MH3/the main series which isn't as popular as the Portable games. This might change now that the main series is on a portable now though.

Same with Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G - third iteration.

3. MH3G has sold 500k+ more than the Vita's LTD in Japan.

Your point?
---
http://card.psnprofiles.com/1/EmperorLawlight.png
#66LuminescentRulePosted 11/15/2012 1:31:56 AM
Better play Ragnarok Odyssey first while waiting on MH

I wouldn't be surprised if it's better.
---
#67serenade_betaPosted 11/15/2012 1:38:02 AM
Oh if it isn't the fool that linked his real identity with his internet one!
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
#68ikaruga0101Posted 11/15/2012 1:57:32 AM
I'm not a MH player, but as far as I know the MH game released for the 3DS last year didn't really bring that much new stuff. Unless you are a hardcore fan or don't own the previous games on the psp/home consoles I don't see the point of buying it. We will only see if the 3DS is a good platform for MH when MH4 gets released.

BTW, selling 1.5 millions for a game that cost almost nothing to make is a huge success. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the most profitable MH game yet.
#69LuminescentRulePosted 11/15/2012 2:30:03 AM
I'm not a MH player, but as far as I know the MH game released for the 3DS last year didn't really bring that much new stuff. Unless you are a hardcore fan or don't own the previous games on the psp/home consoles I don't see the point of buying it. We will only see if the 3DS is a good platform for MH when MH4 gets released.

BTW, selling 1.5 millions for a game that cost almost nothing to make is a huge success. I wouldn't be surprised if that was the most profitable MH game yet.

Same with the PSP ones and yet those sold a lot more.
---
#70Chaos_MissilePosted 11/15/2012 2:40:21 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
LuminescentRule posted...
Yep, Freedom Unite is an updated port as well.

I thought so.

Yeah, it looks like would sell better on the Vita.

lolno.

Japan has shown again and again that they aren't buying Vita's.

The strong momentum and vastly larger userbase of 3DS trump Vita being a PS system.

If the fanbase is hesitant to move on from PSP to 3DS then Vita is even less likely to be welcomed with open arms and tigrex party hats.

Curious, but does the Vita have any notable game that isnt a port or a Western-centric game and will be able to sell systems?

Killzone is western-centric.
So is CoD
As is Unit 13
And AC:L
BBCSEX is a upgraded port
Disgaea 3 as well
And P4: the Golden too
Both ZoE and MGS HD are playable on the PS3
Gravity Rush is arguably the most notable, but feels like it focused towards a niche market
Virtue's Last Reward is also on 3DS
ROydessy seems like a MH clone and is catered towards the RO fanbase as well, which has dwindled.
Falcom Ys IV is targetted at a niche market and has rarely been a system seller, though it sells well.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008