Looks like Monster Hunter will be coming to Vita soon

#81GrandCollapsePosted 11/15/2012 7:37:29 AM
This type of thread just attract more heavy bashing from users of other boards and tends to be trolled.
MH port for PSV will surely help PSV sales, but I believe that is Sony is missing the point that even if there are great games out in there; still no guarantee that people will mass buy PSV as they did with PSP.

Lower prices and better marketing would help.

They can't expect everyone paying 249.99 Dollars/24999 yen for a PSV and 100 dollars/yen 9000 for a 32 GB Memory card.

Correct me if I'm wrong about the Japanese prices.
---
Look, a boomerang! Wait, isn't that a toma......augh!
#82pikachupwnagePosted 11/15/2012 7:55:49 AM
JP_Sartre posted...
Only Japanese and weabohs care about MH. It's a pretty boring series to me.

You just lost tons of credibility by using Weeaboo.

That term is so stupid.
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#83pikachupwnagePosted 11/15/2012 8:00:17 AM
L0L_FAQ posted...
3DS install base in Japan: 8 million

Vita Install base in Japan: 1.027 million

Conclusion: Even if every single Japanese Vita owner bought a copy of MH for the Vita, it would only move roughly 66% of the sales of MH3G on the 3DS

3DS games that have broken 1 million sales: 8

Vita games that have broken 1 million sales: Zero point zero zero

Conclusion: 3DS has either infinity % more games that have crossed the 1 million sales threshold or an indeterminate % more games that have crossed that threshold, depending on whether you view it through calculus or simple arithmetic.

Final Verdict: Jaizen's spin has, once again, flopped harder than even the Vita itself.

*Claps*
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#84Toadster9001Posted 11/15/2012 8:03:39 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
You just lost tons of credibility by using Weeaboo.

That term is so stupid.

No it's not, but Monster Hunter is definitely not a weeaboo game. Persona 4 and Ragnarok Odyssey are.
---
Nintendo 5-Star Leader
http://z6.invisionfree.com/N5S/index.php
#85SagadegoPosted 11/15/2012 8:07:47 AM
meanwhile the spin doctor lawl, still tries to spin numbers and flops horridly.
---
Why did Nintendo rip off digimon? demondog666
#86ZendaikPosted 11/15/2012 8:14:23 AM
LuminescentRule posted...
1. The PSP had years to build up a MH fanbase across multiple games.

Really? Because it seems to me that they hit gold with the second entry on the PSP.

2. This is basically the third iteration of the MH3 games (MH3, MHP3, MH3G. There's also MHP3 HD I guess.) and an expansion of MH3/the main series which isn't as popular as the Portable games. This might change now that the main series is on a portable now though.

Same with Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G - third iteration.

3. MH3G has sold 500k+ more than the Vita's LTD in Japan.

Your point?

1. Third entry, 2G/Unite. MH3G sold 1.5 mil+, and the next game for the 3DS is MH4, the next main entry. You'll see it sell a lot more than MH3G.

2. It was 2G/Unite where the series really exploded. This is different from MH3G where it's just another entry, and Unite was a really big exception. Unite was basically "the" game to get at the time. Also 2G was the third MH game on the PSP. Additionally, Capcom only expected 1.2 mil sales for MH3G. MH3G has outdone their expectations by several hundred thousands.

3. My point? Well, let's see. Because you think MH3G sold bad (despite exceeding Capcom's expectations) you seem to think the next home for MH is the Vita. However, MH3G has sold a lot more than the Vita's LTD. The Vita's sales are so minimal in Japan that any MH on the Vita couldn't possibly outdo MH3G, let alone MH4 when it comes out.

Assuming a MH came out on the Vita right now, and I'll be generous and give the a 300k boost because of it, the game wouldn't sell more than 1.2 mil or so. And this is assuming the game has a 1:1 attach rate which wouldn't happen. So basically I don't see how the Vita would be a good home for MH.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos
#87L0L_FAQPosted 11/15/2012 8:28:48 AM
1. The PSP had years to build up a MH fanbase across multiple games.

Really? Because it seems to me that they hit gold with the second entry on the PSP.

2. This is basically the third iteration of the MH3 games (MH3, MHP3, MH3G. There's also MHP3 HD I guess.) and an expansion of MH3/the main series which isn't as popular as the Portable games. This might change now that the main series is on a portable now though.

Same with Monster Hunter Portable 2nd G - third iteration.

3. MH3G has sold 500k+ more than the Vita's LTD in Japan.

Your point?

http://i.imgur.com/Mea6I.jpg
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC
#88Natureboy99Posted 11/15/2012 8:38:37 AM
L0L_FAQ posted...

Conclusion: Even if every single Japanese Vita owner bought a copy of MH for the Vita, it would only move roughly 66% of the sales of MH3G on the 3DS

Conclusion: 3DS has either infinity % more games that have crossed the 1 million sales threshold or an indeterminate % more games that have crossed that threshold, depending on whether you view it through calculus or simple arithmetic.

Final Verdict: Jaizen's spin has, once again, flopped harder than even the Vita itself.

All truth. This plays into my theory that Capcom is doing a MH for Vita, but there is no rush as long as the install base is still low. That said, demographically MH games always have sold WAY better on Sony platforms. Whenever Capcom releases a MH on Vita, it will sell a ton of hardware.

If you look at the Vita and MH, it seems pretty obvious Sony made the whole hardware with MH in mind. I don't think anyone would disagree that a MH built from scratch for Vita would be spectacular.
---
Voted class of 2079 most likely to abuse time travel
#89tomloadsadoshPosted 11/15/2012 8:48:26 AM
L0L_FAQ posted...

Also the Vita has 1 game that has sold over 500,000 copies and the 3DS has 21 games that have sold over 500,000 copies.
#90L0L_FAQPosted 11/15/2012 9:33:31 AM(edited)
That said, demographically MH games always have sold WAY better on Sony platforms.

If MH has the capacity to move units, what convinces you that it's going to move more units on a Sony platform than a Nintendo one? Both companies are pretty popular there. I mean, MH games have really only ever been released for PS platforms anyway; the only notable one that wasn't released for a Sony system was released for the damned Wii and it still sold really well. Now we have the 3DS version of MH that sold about a third of what the MHP3rd did in less than half the time with about a fifth of the install base. THE PSP was super popular in Japan and, as much as the Japanese love MH, not because of MH; the PSP truly did have a great lineup, specially for the Japanese market. The Vita, on the other hand, does not have a library crammed full of brilliant releases and, as we can see, isn't really popular in Japan.

I don't know why you think Capcom is working on a Vita one either they have a limited number of employees that are all on a payroll. They won't just prepare a Vita project for the lulz; what expectations of returns on their investment could they possibly have of the Vita that would justify making a game for it where they could be putting that same staff to work on other, more lucrative projects? The opportunity cost of developing on the Vita is too high; the three reasons to be developing on the Vita:

A) The dev has an artistic vision for the game that can only be fulfilled if you put it on the Vita (a company of the size of Capcom is too big tobase their resource allocation decisions on artistic passion alone)

or

B) They have way too much free staff sitting around and their payroll is being spent anyway and they have no other more lucrative projects to open up than working on a MH for the Vita and therefore it's a financially sound decision to do so

or C) Sony is paying you to develop for the Vita

A and B are extremely unlikely scenarios and C is definitely not happening, since they're already cutting studios from development, slashing marketing staff, indicating that they just want the Vita to coast along in mild green ink till the company at large is financially prepared to better deal with it's situation i.e. Vita isn't selling at a loss, so Sony doesn't seem prepared to put money into it and turn that green ink into red ink but would rather let it flop till they know they can afford to deal with the Vita.

EDIT

If you look at the Vita and MH, it seems pretty obvious Sony made the whole hardware with MH in mind. I don't think anyone would disagree that a MH built from scratch for Vita would be spectacular.

http://i.imgur.com/osfLd.jpg

What indicates that the Vita was specifically designed with MH in mind?

---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC