MetaCritic scores for the Vita's lineup of holiday exclusives (Updated: 11/13)

#41NathanisDrakePosted 11/13/2012 10:08:17 PM
Hey Fierce, I think you should put Persona 4 up there. I'm sure the fanboys would jump gleefully in joy, probably at the point of wetting their pants, if you do so.
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#42laxnd23Posted 11/13/2012 10:09:13 PM
NathanisDrake posted...
Hey Fierce, I think you should put Persona 4 up there. I'm sure the fanboys would jump gleefully in joy, probably at the point of wetting their pants, if you do so.

idk man. The trolls might have an aneurism about having accept a Vita exclusive with a fantastic score. Is your body ready?
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#43MwarriorHieiPosted 11/13/2012 10:12:56 PM(edited)
And it's an enhanced port of an old PS2 game. It's not a brand new exclusive.

a "port" means that it is the same game, only transferred to a different system.
"enhanced port" means that the same game was transferred to a different system, while also receiving touch-ups to things already in the game.

an example of an enhanced port is okami HD.
there are too many changes to the game to consider persona 4: golden an enhanced port. it is a remake.
---
o.o
#44FierceJello(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:13:20 PM
blitz_0623 posted...
TC why don't you just admit that you don't want to put P4G on that list because it brings up the average. P4G IS a Vita exclusive because you don't get the additional content in the PS2. If it were multiplatform, then it would be the exact game on the PS2 and there wouldn't be any reason to get the Vita version

It would only bring the average up to 67.7 -- from a D to a D+. If a 64.5 is shameful, bringing it up to a 67.7 isn't helping matters much.

And there are often differences in quality and/or content with multiplatform releases. The Wii version of annual multiplatform sports releases is one obvious example.
#45laxnd23Posted 11/13/2012 10:14:03 PM
FierceJello posted...
blitz_0623 posted...
TC why don't you just admit that you don't want to put P4G on that list because it brings up the average. P4G IS a Vita exclusive because you don't get the additional content in the PS2. If it were multiplatform, then it would be the exact game on the PS2 and there wouldn't be any reason to get the Vita version

It would only bring the average up to 67.7 -- from a D to a D+. If a 64.5 is shameful, bringing it up to a 67.7 isn't helping matters much.

And there are often differences in quality and/or content with multiplatform releases. The Wii version of annual multiplatform sports releases is one obvious example.

But there are enough differences and additions in this release to count it as a remake.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#46NathanisDrakePosted 11/13/2012 10:15:08 PM
NathanisDrake posted...
Persona 4

laxnd23 posted...
Vita exclusive

Are we talking about the same game here?
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#47FierceJello(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:19:29 PM(edited)
MwarriorHiei posted...
And it's an enhanced port of an old PS2 game. It's not a brand new exclusive.

a "port" means that it is the same game, only transferred to a different system.
"enhanced port" means that the same game was transferred to a different system, while also receiving touch-ups to things already in the game.

an example of an enhanced port is okami HD.
there are too many changes to the game to consider persona 4: golden an enhanced port. it is a remake.

I strongly disagree. There are no fundamental changes to the game. You could make a better case for a game like MGS3:Subsistence being a remake because its new camera fundamentally alters the gameplay of Snake Eater, yet that's rarely considered a remake.
#48laxnd23Posted 11/13/2012 10:18:34 PM
NathanisDrake posted...
NathanisDrake posted...
Persona 4

laxnd23 posted...
Vita exclusive

Are we talking about the same game here?

Nope. You're talking Persona 4 for PS2. I'm talking about Persona 4: Golden for Vita. Same concept as Devil Survivor for DS and Devil Survivor Overclocked for 3DS.
---
#49FierceJello(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 10:18:48 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#50NathanisDrakePosted 11/13/2012 10:26:20 PM
laxnd23 posted...
You're talking Persona 4 for PS2.
/facepalm
Stop putting words in my mouth.
I'm talking about Persona 4: Golden for Vita.
Same concept as Devil Survivor for DS and Devil Survivor Overclocked for 3DS.

...And they both aren't exclusives to their respective systems. Your point?
---