MetaCritic scores for the Vita's lineup of holiday exclusives (Updated: 11/13)

#51DsvkbPosted 11/13/2012 9:26:33 PM
FierceJello posted...
MwarriorHiei posted...
And it's an enhanced port of an old PS2 game. It's not a brand new exclusive.

a "port" means that it is the same game, only transferred to a different system.
"enhanced port" means that the same game was transferred to a different system, while also receiving touch-ups to things already in the game.

an example of an enhanced port is okami HD.
there are too many changes to the game to consider persona 4: golden an enhanced port. it is a remake.

I strongly disagree. There are no fundamental changes to the game. You could make a better case for a game like MGS3:Subsistence being a remake because its new camera fundamentally alters the gameplay of Snake Eater, yet that's rarely considered a remake.

So you're telling me that a camera change makes it a remake more so than the changes P4G has? I call bs on that, and I'll explain.
Citing in part from here: http://megamitensei.wikia.com/wiki/Persona_4_Golden

Two new Social Links
New Difficulty levels
Additional voice over dialog.
New animated cutscenes.
More Personas, including new Ultimate Personas for the Investigation Team.
New areas, such as a beach and a ski resort. Okina City, which was only seen during certain Social Link scenes, is now accessible.
New events, such as a Halloween event and a skiing trip.
Player can explore Inaba on evening time, with few limitation places (similar to Persona 3)
Yu and his friends now have motorbikes to get around various areas.
Tag team attacks.
A quiz show mini-game.
Certain equipment and accessories changes your party member's appearance.
rophies
The ability to choose which skills can be inherited by the persona you are fusing.
The ability to call for help via Wi-Fi when your party reaches critical status.
Clips from the Persona Music Live of 2008 and 2009 can be watched.
An option to replay animated cutscenes.
The addition of an in-game music player.
New scene skipping function for those who played the PS2 version that just want to explore new features.
If player fulfills criteria for at least good ending, daily activities are expanded to February 14th 2012, giving more time for events and social links.
New epilogue for the True Ending.
Some shadows/enemies have changed their attribute (weakness/strength/null) or area spawn
New types of Shuffle Time!
Changes for NPC's or Fox's requests, etc.
Rebalanced characters

Yeah, sure sounds like a port to me.
#52laxnd23Posted 11/13/2012 9:28:15 PM
NathanisDrake posted...
laxnd23 posted...
You're talking Persona 4 for PS2.
/facepalm
Stop putting words in my mouth.
I'm talking about Persona 4: Golden for Vita.
Same concept as Devil Survivor for DS and Devil Survivor Overclocked for 3DS.

...And they both aren't exclusives to their respective systems. Your point?

Is Persona 4 on another system besides PS2? Otherwise I only added in an unnecessary qualifier. And if you can find Devil Survivor Overclocked and Persona 4 Golden on another system in the exact same capacity that they exist on their respective systems, please show me.
---
xbox gamertag: lonewolfnd 3DS Friend Code: 3136-6624-4823 Official XboxLover of the KDF
#53TheBlackBat7Posted 11/13/2012 9:34:26 PM
Dodging P4:G intentionally Fierce? That's sad dude....Sad. That's just blind damage control. -1
---
PSVita Council's official Secretary Of Defense
VPSN: theblackbat07
#54FierceJello(Topic Creator)Posted 11/13/2012 9:43:00 PM
Dsvkb posted...
Yeah, sure sounds like a port to me.

It sounds like a textbook example of an enhanced port. Minor changes here and there (in order to justify selling an old game at full price) but otherwise it's the same game.
#55AceAndJunpeiPosted 11/13/2012 9:50:23 PM
I think this is the first time DSO has ever been considered a 3DS exclusive on this board. It's always been ridiculed for being a DS port.

We're progressing on the Vota board at long last:)
#56XphoenixedgeXPosted 11/13/2012 10:01:29 PM
FierceJello topic

pffft.
#57NathanisDrakePosted 11/13/2012 10:08:36 PM
AceAndJunpei posted...
I think this is the first time DSO has ever been considered a 3DS exclusive on this board. It's always been ridiculed for being a DS port.

Exactly. Enhanced ports=/=Exclusive.

But when we're on the Vita board, the logic wasn't applied. Double standards, much?
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#58thenoobdestroyePosted 11/13/2012 10:15:23 PM
User base scores?
#59bornonafridayPosted 11/13/2012 10:22:04 PM
I don't understand what the big deal is. Just put Persona 4: Golden on the list. You said it doesn't make a big difference in terms of average grade, so why not just include it? And besides, at the moment, the original Persona 4 is probably no longer in production and is of a past generation, so Persona 4: Golden is a current gen Vita exclusive since you cannot play the game on any current generation devices except Vita.
---
Follow me if you like twitter@protomelvin
#60XphoenixedgeXPosted 11/13/2012 10:26:36 PM
bornonafriday posted...
I don't understand what the big deal is. Just put Persona 4: Golden on the list. You said it doesn't make a big difference in terms of average grade, so why not just include it? And besides, at the moment, the original Persona 4 is probably no longer in production and is of a past generation, so Persona 4: Golden is a current gen Vita exclusive since you cannot play the game on any current generation devices except Vita.

I have a bettter idea. How abouts we all just ignore this topic altogether.
The whole point of this topic is to make the Vita look like a piece of $#!*.

Who cares if he doesnt consider P4G for his "holiday list" or whatever...
It's not meant to be a respected and neutral minded topic, so why take it seriously?