Media Create Week 45.. I'm tired of words and I'm too hoarse to shout...

#281Shinobi120Posted 11/15/2012 12:33:38 AM(edited)
GLDanzego posted...
Christmas should have been a very important time for the Vita- and I guess it still could be- but, for the most part, it has been an utter disappointment in terms of holiday software releases. We don't have a whole lot to look forward to going into the new year. People can go on and on about how it's the system's first year and this and that, but sales like this are just horrifying.

Let's be completely honest and reasonable here: not many third party developers in their right minds are going to begin new projects on a system that is selling like the Vita is (or, more to the point, ISN'T). Really, at this point, I think we're just going to see the Vita quietly fade away over the course of the next year.

I'd like to be wrong about that, but something tells me I won't be. Bummer. So much potential in this little beastie. :(

Japanese 3rd party developers would have to be absolute morons to develop their games on a handheld platform that has barely reached over a million owners in Japan, anyways, when they can put their games onto another handheld platform that has over 8 million owners in that same region.

PS Vita is the next Game Gear.
#282DunGoofdPosted 11/15/2012 12:33:13 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
One thing in my favor is that the company that makes the Vita has LOTS more money than Sega.

Not really.
#283ikaruga0101Posted 11/15/2012 12:38:52 AM
If the Vita drops below the 360 sony may just throw the towel and end this BS already.
#284Saint Dragon OsirisPosted 11/15/2012 1:04:27 AM(edited)
Capcom though, never said it was a 3DS exclusive.
They just didn't announce anything other than the 3DS version. Maybe Vita version is in development? anyways, I still have hope.(If it crumbles, oh well.)
If it was a exclusive, it should have been said already.

There are a few reasons to this if you don't accept the idea that Nintendo out-bid Sony. Have you seen the graphics for MH4? NOBODY could get away with doing something like that on the Vita. The reasons why MH games are on 3DS are:

1. Reusable assets
2. Lower budgets due to not having to create better looking assets
3. 3DS vs Vita sales

You can't just look at this as a "Sony fan" saying that you'd think it'd be better on a Vita. You have to think of what advantages Capcom has by releasing them on the 3DS. Quite frankly, if the original DS could handle MH I'm sure Capcom would've went there instead of PSP.
---
We must formulate keikaku. "Keikaku" means plan! - Argosy Captain
#285Lemmywinks13Posted 11/15/2012 2:17:08 AM
This is two weeks in a row that you all sent Lume running home crying! Probably more than that, but I've only paid attention the last two weeks lol.

As for people being so upset about the Vita "bashing", I don't think it would be so bad if it wasn't for all the Sony fans invading the 3DS boards for the first six months of it's existence calling it a failure and pounding their chests saying the Vita would kill the 3DS. Now these people look like fools and have attracted everyone here to get revenge.

Mix those people in with the people pointing out the facts that are hard for some of you to accept, and you get people melting down like phoenixedge. Quite entertaining I must admit though lol.
#286serenade_betaPosted 11/15/2012 2:18:40 AM
CrimsonGear80 posted...
One thing in my favor is that the company that makes the Vita has LOTS more money than Sega.

I wonder.
Because I don't know how much Sega has.

I do know that Sony can't even pay their own debts, so Sega has to be in worse shape for your statement to be true.
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
#287NathanisDrakePosted 11/15/2012 3:00:47 AM
GrandCollapse posted...
I'm used to play MH on PSP, so after I tried the 3DS version(the ultimate for 3DS) I didn't like it as much.

How could someone even prefer the PSP version over the 3ds? The 3ds version improves over it in every single way including visuals, controls, gameplay and all around EVERYTHING(except there's no felynes though, that's a bummer). You know for a hardcore MH fan such as myself, I'm baffled. The fans, myself included, are perfectly happy with the franchise moving on to the 3ds at the moment. Unless, of course, you're a huge PsP/Sony fanboy who refuse to move on, then THAT I can understand(Well judging by your constant denial of the Vita's failure, and how it's not getting a new MH game, I'm sorta convinced).

Though something tells me you only played the 3ds version for a few seconds...
---
Fanboys, especially SONY fanboys, are what's wrong with gaming. Not changing my sig till someone proves me wrong.
#288onilink888Posted 11/15/2012 3:57:47 AM(edited)
GrandCollapse posted...
Capcom though, never said it was a 3DS exclusive.
They just didn't announce anything other than the 3DS version. Maybe Vita version is in development? anyways, I still have hope.(If it crumbles, oh well.)
If it was a exclusive, it should have been said already.

Much larger userbase on the 3DS, smaller development costs, and it wouldn't make sense to split the fanbase of a game that thrives on local co-op: that's one explanation as to why it's exclusively on the 3DS. Recently, however, I've read from the original source that knew there would be a Dragon Quest VII remake for the 3DS that there was a contract between Nintendo and Capcom that stipulated Monster Hunter would be exclusive to Nintendo systems for four years.

But even if that's true, given the current state of affairs, don't expect MH for the PSV. Most of the MH fanbase will have migrated over from the PSP by MH4's release.
#289Kitt Thrust(Topic Creator)Posted 11/15/2012 5:12:49 AM(edited)
From: kakashik99992 | Posted: 11/14/2012 9:35:05 PM | #247
http://i.imgur.com/sUb9i.jpg

ok, that was good. LOL

From: Gamenamebully | Posted: 11/14/2012 9:52:06 PM | #255
This makes me wonder what you'll guys say about the Vita if it ever does begin to sell well.

I'd be very happy because the Vita is a great system. I can't wait for PS+ next week for Vita, I'm signing up for a 1 year subscription. I would hate for Vita to fail.
---
Go Go Big Underpants !
http://i.imgur.com/iAJrs.gif
#290GrandCollapsePosted 11/15/2012 5:43:39 AM
Meh, I'm jumping out of this thread. The trolls are all over again。
---
Look, a boomerang! Wait, isn't that a toma......augh!