so when P4:G fails to sell systems

#51Sami1000Posted 11/15/2012 12:14:07 PM
KotomineKirei posted...
Sho_Minamimoto_ posted...
So, P4 is supposed to be the next system seller? According to who, the regular trolls or the regular fanboys? It's a good game, but it's still a remake of a game.

I actually got a PS Vita just for Persona 4: The Golden and Shinobido 2: Revenge of Zen, since I never played them back in the PS2 era.

Have you played Shinobido 2 yet? I bought it when i got my vita and i was kinda disappointed in the game even though i knew what to expect. It was mainly copy paste missions and stealth kills being too few. I won't play it again unless it gets big expansion.
#52Lazy JonesPosted 11/15/2012 12:15:55 PM
Persona 4 isn't going to change anything. It won't sell systems, but I still like my vita.
---
This is gonna sound weird, but for a second, I think you took on the shape of a unicorn
PSN:drpokerface
#53hajile12Posted 11/15/2012 12:33:24 PM
EvilSock1990 posted...
will those blind to reality finally admit that Sony screwed up and that the Vita is edging closer and closer to the point of no return?

I think the common conception on this board is that Sony has messed up with the vita.
But despite this , the vita itself is a great device with some exciting games and a diverse array of features.

If P4:G fails to sell systems it will still be a great game. Who knows what the future holds?
---
Somtimes i go to dog parks even though i dont have a dog. I bring a leash though and i wear a very shifty look. =I
#54The_DjokerPosted 11/15/2012 12:42:04 PM(edited)
ok, who the **** said it would be a system seller?

None. Stop making up garbage.

P4 will be to date the highest and the best Vita game and the game that a lot of people wil buy the system for. Those people won't be significant enough to help Vita but in temrs of % it's still going to give it some boost.

And Persona is sure as hell going to do better than COD and Assassins Creed at helping the Vita.

Also P4 did do reasonably well n Japan. Bossted some hardware too.

People seem to not understand what system seller actually means. You don't have to sell 1 million+ hardware for it to be a system seller. It has to at least move some units as well as have decent sales of it's own. P4 won't quite fall into that category but it's going to boost Vita hardware a lot more than **** games like COD.

---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png
#55Sami1000Posted 11/15/2012 12:43:32 PM
The_Djoker posted...

P4 will be to date the highest and the best Vita game and the game that a lot of people wil buy the system for. Those people won't be significant enough to help Vita but in temrs of % it's still going to give it some boost.

And Persona is sure as hell going to do better than COD and Assassins Creed at helping the Vita.

To be honest is there any sane person buy consoles only to play ONE game? I don't think so, unless that person has more money than common sense. I think that ¨system sellers¨ are more likely games which gives that final push for people to go and buy certain system which they have been interested in.
#56The_DjokerPosted 11/15/2012 12:44:46 PM
StrikeNinja24 posted...
alienfreaks04 posted...
Persona 4 as a system seller is like Ocarina of Time 3D as a system seller.

I'm sorry but this is just terribly wrong.

I just mean that, if your system seller is a remake or port, you fail.

Fail at what? selling systems? or approval of random fanboy on the internet? The stupidity in these boards are astounding.

If Persona 4 sells systems it's because it's a great game, same with OoT. It doesn't matter if they're ports/remakes. You act like Every signle human on earth has played Persona 4 and OoT.
---
#57HakatoPosted 11/15/2012 1:11:11 PM(edited)
I have no interest in P4 or any of the persona games.
Bought my Vita cause I liked what the hardware had to offer me in my life.

Maybe some day people will make purchases on quality over quantity.
Either way one game is hardly a reason to boost sales.

Sony hasnt focused or found the groove for the people to want or justify the purchase.
Only reason I did was cause I had the disposable income to do such.

Would have went with the competitor, but consoles collecting dust is blasphemous. My preferred games are few and far between. I'll play anything and already have a DSi XL and DSi.

My toddler murdered my psp so I picked up a Vita. But still am getting a few PSPs for the kids this xmas and another vita for the wife. Vikings attack hooked her.
#58The_DjokerPosted 11/15/2012 1:05:36 PM
The_Djoker posted...

To be honest is there any sane person buy consoles only to play ONE game? I don't think so, unless that person has more money than common sense. I think that ¨system sellers¨ are more likely games which gives that final push for people to go and buy certain system which they have been interested in.

That's what a system seller is though. Of coruse they will buy more games on it after they have it but that one game is going to make them buy the system. See Halo for Xbox.
---
#59HakatoPosted 11/15/2012 1:15:55 PM(edited)
The other consoles have the "enticing" library to enjoy after picking up a "system seller"
In other words it's not a system seller its just the final straw that broke the camel's back.

Those that buy system sellers are already eyeing said console and that one game sealed the deal
#60RD_21Posted 11/15/2012 1:31:47 PM
I can't understand why it's so important to crush something that people really like. Why does it matter so much that someone admit something or not...