I thought Americans were rich ..

#31pikachupwnagePosted 11/16/2012 8:48:14 AM(edited)
"Okies pika, Please don't take offense as I still like you. I know you hate Obama and think liberals are evil but I want to explain something.

I'm actually what OWS would deem a part of the 1%. My parents are extremely wealthy and I'm even a trustfund baby. All signs should lead to me being conservative/republican right?Well actually, despite the wealth my ideals are extremely liberal. I unfortunately qualify for lower tax rates(which is just silly) despite qualifying for them I never take advantage of them. I always pay more than what I owe. The reason? Money isn't that important to me personally. The vast majority of my money goes towards helping people, charity, homeless shelters, animal rights groups, local school donations ect. I wish more affluent people would be like me and understand being privileged gives you the obligation to help others not yourself.

Look, I do think Obama is a good president and he's going to continue the positive changes America needs into a second term. If you think I hate conservatives or republicans, you're wrong. I hate the extremism from the Tea Party that has taken control of the party like a parasite. For the Republican party to survive, the tea party must die"

I don't think liberals are evil. Mostly misguided. Government healthcare is a huge burden on the national budget and I simply don't trust the government with my health. It also has some uneeded regulations and taxes and doctors are against the bill.

I like your approach to wealth though. Wealth is a blessing and it should be used to WILLINGLY help others.. However Its much better for philanthropy to be done in private rather then by the government as the government has to much red tape and corruption and wastefulness.

No one wastes better then the government.

The smaller the government the freer the people.
---
"Let's get comfortable in these nice comfy chairs."
Official electric boogaloo mint scoop with a cherry on top of the IDF
#32Angemon_23Posted 11/16/2012 8:48:25 AM
There is an illusion that America is rich because of the artificially low interest rates set by the federal reserve, and all the countries around the world who continue to buy our treasury bonds

AAA rank according to Standard & Poor's. So they're a good deal, right? RIGHT?
---
"Angemon_23 already rocked this topic to its very core, and everyone since is just posting in the ashes." - GradyHoover
#33xxnike629xxPosted 11/16/2012 8:48:46 AM
fatelord posted...
What is all this ****ing about 250$, and talking as if buying both Vita and 3DS is an impossible task ..

Who the hell buys all the Mac computers and Iphones then?

Maybe if you're just a kid still living with your parents or if you're the rich 1% of the country...
But most people these days struggle to pay for bills, food, rent/mortgage, etc.

There are things people need to spend money on, and things people want to spend money on. Get that straight.

It's also not about them being expensive. It's the opportunity cost that comes with it. $500 is a lot you know. You can do a lot w/ it. If you get the Vita or the 3DS, you'll have yourself the best handheld game systems out there today, but you could also miss paying bills, or not being able to pay rent and getting kicked out or something... extreme example.
---
PSN: xxnike629xx YouTube: suiton629
#34AkagehisaPosted 11/16/2012 8:50:45 AM
He kinda asks an interesting question,,, everyone know that teens and -23 ppl are poor,, unless you have a very very rich family,, but most teens gets small incomes,, and they depends on their parents.

When I was 20 I didnt had a well rewarding job at all,,, and I was helping my parents with college costs,,, so it was really hard to afford more than one system.

But now,, I see teens that says,, man,, "the Vita is really expensive,, I can't afford it" I understand that,,, but its really hillarious to see most of them walking on the streets with really expensive smart phones xD

How do they do that?, thats my question.

Its because of that man,,, the frigging smarthphones,, fellas with small income gives everything to their precious Iphones,, and, the fact that the Vita is not doing well, it is starting beeing perceived by casuals as "maybe" a good product, but that few ppl have.

Sorry if my english is not good.
#35OMG_A_PONYPosted 11/16/2012 9:13:45 AM
hi everyone! my belief is that its not really worth it. i mean, really, you could have a 3ds or a ps3 with what the vita costs! its incredible! when president kai undergoes developing the game costs greatly after all. so you see it just doesnt make sense to get one at this price.

hope this helps.
#36CBratePosted 11/16/2012 9:17:01 AM(edited)
Just a question to anyone and everyone.
How many televisions in your house?

---
To all the trolls out there, I have 173 users on my ignore list. Come at me. My list needs to grow...
The latest ignoree: Xander7756
#37FayeLadyPosted 11/16/2012 9:43:55 AM(edited)
FelineCyborg posted...
FelineCyborg posted...
i'm not even rich and i thought the vita was worth it. poor or rich $250 isn't much, especially if you have the ability to SAVE money which is the most important factor more so than actual salary, but thats a whole nother discussion :)

The amount of money is only one matter. With the economy the way it is, people are very aware of value. A toy that cost 250 and plays fewer games than the other toys that cost less is not an inviting offer.

but the vita does have value, many people seem to think so. I own a DS with a huge game backlog for it, a decent gaming quality pc, and a ps3 and guess which I've gamed the most on this year? the vita.

Many still would disagree. You can purchase any other gaming platform for less money, while the quality is subjective, each one of those gaming platforms has far more games to offer.

Just a question to anyone and everyone.
How many televisions in your house?

We have 4.
Livingroom
Bedroom
2 in the gameroom.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#38xxnike629xxPosted 11/16/2012 9:56:10 AM
@ FayeLady
Then you are an exception to the majority and people these days; especially in this crazy recession.

Even with a bunch of money, most people are a bit concerned for the outcome of this economy. Many are still without jobs and depending on unemployment checks. People out there are also struggling with minimal paying jobs, and with the cost of schools and student loan payments so high... To those who wonder this kind of question are just ignorant or just immature.
---
PSN: xxnike629xx YouTube: suiton629
#39FayeLadyPosted 11/16/2012 10:04:58 AM
xxnike629xx posted...
@ FayeLady
Then you are an exception to the majority and people these days; especially in this crazy recession.

Even with a bunch of money, most people are a bit concerned for the outcome of this economy. Many are still without jobs and depending on unemployment checks. People out there are also struggling with minimal paying jobs, and with the cost of schools and student loan payments so high... To those who wonder this kind of question are just ignorant or just immature.

Perhaps I may be an exception to the majority of people, but I doubt im much of an exception to the average gamer. Many people have an entertainment budget, its just a matter of what you decide to spend it on. People still buy liquor, cigarettes, or feed into other habits in this economy, so i dont think its odd that those of us that like games continue to buy them.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#40OMG_A_PONYPosted 11/16/2012 10:06:17 AM
pikachupwnage posted...
"Okies pika, Please don't take offense as I still like you. I know you hate Obama and think liberals are evil but I want to explain something.

I'm actually what OWS would deem a part of the 1%. My parents are extremely wealthy and I'm even a trustfund baby. All signs should lead to me being conservative/republican right?Well actually, despite the wealth my ideals are extremely liberal. I unfortunately qualify for lower tax rates(which is just silly) despite qualifying for them I never take advantage of them. I always pay more than what I owe. The reason? Money isn't that important to me personally. The vast majority of my money goes towards helping people, charity, homeless shelters, animal rights groups, local school donations ect. I wish more affluent people would be like me and understand being privileged gives you the obligation to help others not yourself.

Look, I do think Obama is a good president and he's going to continue the positive changes America needs into a second term. If you think I hate conservatives or republicans, you're wrong. I hate the extremism from the Tea Party that has taken control of the party like a parasite. For the Republican party to survive, the tea party must die"

I don't think liberals are evil. Mostly misguided. Government healthcare is a huge burden on the national budget and I simply don't trust the government with my health. It also has some uneeded regulations and taxes and doctors are against the bill.

I like your approach to wealth though. Wealth is a blessing and it should be used to WILLINGLY help others.. However Its much better for philanthropy to be done in private rather then by the government as the government has to much red tape and corruption and wastefulness.

No one wastes better then the government.

The smaller the government the freer the people.

putting republicans in the white house wont make for smaller government. the republicans are too far wacked out. legitimate rape, 70k tax deductions on horses, hidden off shore accounts, believe in our god or we will kill you, show me your birth certificate, etc. they have ann coultier, donald trump, glenn beck, karl rove, and bill o'reilly. if you think these people are trying to make the world better for the middle and lower class.....lol.

even moderate republicans are left shaking their heads wondering what happened to their party. its no surprise that they lost. it would be best if texas and the rest of the states that want to start their own union go off and do so.

hope this helps