Someone please list the ways a 3DS is better than a Vita

#1AstralFrostPosted 11/18/2012 7:09:38 PM
Yeah I'm posting this here instead of the 3DS board because I actually think the 3DS trolls will jump at the opportunity to give a comparison, since they spend so much time talking about the Vita.

Can someone please tell me what exactly a 3DS has going for it, particularly what it does better than a Vita?

This is think of when I think about a 3DS:
- children's games
- region lock
- clunky, square design
- single analog
- low battery life
- two screens with touch
- gimmicky 3D
- backwards compatability with DS... offset by region lock
- Mario, Zelda, Kid Icarus, none of which I care about
- doesn't come with a charger in some regions... LOL?
- can be bricked by firmware update
- stability issues (eg completely wiped save games on Virtue's Last Reward, and only allows ONE save)
- cheaper than a Vita
- selling considerably better than the Vita

So yeah, I don't understand what it does better than a Vita at all (other than being cheaper). Someone educate me. Someone give me a list of awesome games that make me go "MY GOD I WAS WRONG ALL ALONG!!!!!1111" Because all I see is a cheaper and inferior console that seems to be selling better due to having lots children's games.
#2Jprime666Posted 11/18/2012 7:14:06 PM(edited)
3DS doesn't incite insecurity.
#3SalsaSavantPosted 11/18/2012 7:13:07 PM
Fanboys at their finest.
---
This is a sig.
People who agree: 11. People who Disagree:5
#4MajinKogahazanPosted 11/18/2012 7:13:50 PM
This topic.

Just this topic and that one about countering 3DS games.

I don't even know what to say.
---
Read a Nuzlocke by me and a friend at: http://s7.zetaboards.com/Nuzlocke_Forum/topic/8746106/1/#new
Dubs>Subs
#5zetsuclonePosted 11/18/2012 7:18:09 PM
Me and most people agree TC but the nintendrones run this board for now, so get ready for the hate. vita>3ds by a mile, and ive owned both.
---
I can transform
#6TeremeiPosted 11/18/2012 7:18:10 PM
wow that's alot of reasons to hate the 3DS. The only thing I can say badly about is, is not enough Japanese type games come out in America, but that's true for all systems. I like both systems.

VITA
-amazing OLED
-fun console "like" experience

3DS
-cool 3D experience
-lots of gamecube era style games for my nostalgia of the "gamer's age".
---
last $$: Gravity Rush, Pokemon Conquest, SSX, Atelier Meruru LE, Tales of Graces F
Playing: Legend of Dragoon PSN/PSPgo +
#7badbadkittyPosted 11/18/2012 7:19:00 PM
Man this is almost as vicious as the Colecovision versus Atari 5200 debate of 1982. And then came 1983.....I'm still weeping over the carnage.
#8TheLightsAreOnPosted 11/18/2012 7:21:21 PM
"Better" is purely subjective.

I am sure others will go over your list point by point, so I will just say this:

I have been having more fun with the games I have on my 3DS over the games I have on the Vita.

That is 99.98% of what I use each device for, games.
#9ZzUniversezZPosted 11/18/2012 7:21:32 PM
Capcom is supporting 3DS more than Vita...
#10alienfreaks04Posted 11/18/2012 7:29:59 PM
Neither is doing fantastic so far. And both have a small selection of great games.
---
My signature is better than yours.