Someone please list the ways a 3DS is better than a Vita

#41kingalen0130Posted 11/18/2012 11:19:24 PM
AstralFrost posted...
With all these responses all I got other than a throwaway "I enjoy 3DS games more" comment was raging.

So many people come here every day and say how much better 3DS is but no one can actually say why?

Didn't they just mention that the 3DS has far more games? There's more, but that really is all you need. No matter how amazing a console may be, it's nothing if it doesn't have games.

And on that note, why are you asking about how the 3DS is "better"? Everyone knows that the Vita has better specs, but specs aren't important, especially on a handheld. The difference between the Vita and the 3DS is that the Vita is a portable PS3 while the 3DS is it's own unique experience. The reason that the 3DS sells more than the Vita is (well besides the amount of games the 3DS has compared to the Vita) it has it's own style to it while the Vita aims for a very small demographic: people who want a portable PS3 experience (and a few people that are big fans of Persona and the like.)
#42AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:30:28 PM
Dartpaw86 posted...
-3DS is backwards compatible with DS. And DS has one of the largest current libraries of games period.
-Vita can't play PSP Discs...

Point for 3DS

-3DS you can download retro Gameboy, Gameboy Colour, Gamegear, Nes, and (Through special promotions) GBA games, and games exclusive to DSi shop as well.
-Vita doesn't have half as many games on it's shop, most of which are already downloadable for the PSP which most of those were originally PS1 games.

Point for 3DS

-3DS has better touch screen features and 3D

Point for 3DS

-Vita is more powerful when it comes to graphics and gaming in general. And you get pretty awesome exclusives like Littlebigplanet Vita, Touch my Katamari, and lots of games that are just portable versions of PS3 games.

Point for Vita

-3DS has more iconic classic franchises.
Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Star Fox, etc...

-Vita has Playstation franchises, most of which aren't even half as old and thus aren't as nostalgic.

Point for 3DS

Vita is more expensive, why pay more money for a portable handheld when Nintendo is cheaper and most people know Nintendo well enough for years to know they're going to get good stuff.

Point for 3DS

There is that satisfying TC?

Thanks Dartpaw86, I wasn't aware that the backwards compatability of the 3DS wasn't region locked and went back so far. I admit that's a fairly solid point for the 3DS.

I don't necessarily agree that 3D is worth anything but I'll begrudgingly offer that it is *something* that the Vita doesn't have.

Also the 3DS is obviously cheaper but I already mentioned that.

Regarding the games, can someone tell me what games are actually worthwhile? I was honestly looking into buying a 3DS but the region lock and general lack of worthwhile 3DS games (since I don't care particularly for Mario, Zelda) turned me off pretty hard.
#43dedrick123Posted 11/18/2012 11:33:22 PM
How is the PS Vita powerful?
I mean, I see no games that has full console qualities.
#44AstralFrost(Topic Creator)Posted 11/18/2012 11:34:47 PM
kingalen0130 posted...
AstralFrost posted...
With all these responses all I got other than a throwaway "I enjoy 3DS games more" comment was raging.

So many people come here every day and say how much better 3DS is but no one can actually say why?

Didn't they just mention that the 3DS has far more games? There's more, but that really is all you need. No matter how amazing a console may be, it's nothing if it doesn't have games.

And on that note, why are you asking about how the 3DS is "better"? Everyone knows that the Vita has better specs, but specs aren't important, especially on a handheld. The difference between the Vita and the 3DS is that the Vita is a portable PS3 while the 3DS is it's own unique experience. The reason that the 3DS sells more than the Vita is (well besides the amount of games the 3DS has compared to the Vita) it has it's own style to it while the Vita aims for a very small demographic: people who want a portable PS3 experience (and a few people that are big fans of Persona and the like.)

I was asking how it was better because I was thinking of getting one but my initial research showed that desptie the hype its pretty much worse than a Vita (which I already have) in every way. Maybe I'm unfamiliar with the best 3DS games since they all looked extremely childish and uninteresting on face value, but then thats my question. I already have a gaming collection on PSP/Vita so I was trying to get an idea of what exactly a 3DS could offer me that I don't already have.
#45KingJaggiPosted 11/18/2012 11:36:56 PM
AstralFrost posted...
kingalen0130 posted...
AstralFrost posted...

I was asking how it was better because I was thinking of getting one but my initial research showed that desptie the hype its pretty much worse than a Vita (which I already have) in every way. Maybe I'm unfamiliar with the best 3DS games since they all looked extremely childish and uninteresting on face value, but then thats my question. I already have a gaming collection on PSP/Vita so I was trying to get an idea of what exactly a 3DS could offer me that I don't already have.

Then why didn't you ask this on the 3ds board?
---
Psn:KingJaggi 3DS Fc:1590-5213-0522
I LOVE MONSTER HUNTER!!
#46JackalfoxPosted 11/18/2012 11:40:58 PM
AstralFrost posted...
Yeah I'm posting this here instead of the 3DS board because I actually think the 3DS trolls will jump at the opportunity to give a comparison, since they spend so much time talking about the Vita.

Can someone please tell me what exactly a 3DS has going for it, particularly what it does better than a Vita?

This is think of when I think about a 3DS:
- children's games
- region lock
- clunky, square design
- single analog
- low battery life
- two screens with touch
- gimmicky 3D
- backwards compatability with DS... offset by region lock
- Mario, Zelda, Kid Icarus, none of which I care about
- doesn't come with a charger in some regions... LOL?
- can be bricked by firmware update
- stability issues (eg completely wiped save games on Virtue's Last Reward, and only allows ONE save)
- cheaper than a Vita
- selling considerably better than the Vita

So yeah, I don't understand what it does better than a Vita at all (other than being cheaper). Someone educate me. Someone give me a list of awesome games that make me go "MY GOD I WAS WRONG ALL ALONG!!!!!1111" Because all I see is a cheaper and inferior console that seems to be selling better due to having lots children's games.

- Games, period
- Analog stick that doesn't feel cheaply-implemented
- Two screens with touch
- Optional 3D
- Backwards compatibility with DS software
- (Generally) good first-party games
- Chargers in all regions, sans the XL model in a few places
- Same chance of being bricked as any other updatable system
- Good stability
- Lower price than the competition
- Better sales, meaning more game releases
---
Now Playing - Assassin's Creed III (360), Assassin's Creed (360), Call of Duty: Black Ops II (360)
#47justdontaskPosted 11/18/2012 11:43:54 PM
3ds has childish games? if you truly believe that, tell me what a childish game is... in all reality, im sure every game is childish, and if not, then the only true childish games are "educational" games, which we can all agree arent true games... and also all games are educational in their own way.... so that goes right back to all games being childish...

also, id like to point out, i got my 3ds yesterday, because i saw no games that made me say "i want that now" and my ds worked fine.... till i dropped it and the top screen snapped off... so im not just trying to defend the 3ds, im pointing out that youre wrong...
---
you can be anyone on the internet, why do you choose to be stupid?
#48Darkriku666Posted 11/18/2012 11:48:42 PM
You forgot 3rd party support TC
---
Of course, if being better than your own photocopies excused bad behavior, your ass wouldn't have gotten fired after last year's holiday party.
#49Dartpaw86Posted 11/18/2012 11:59:49 PM(edited)
AstralFrost posted...
kingalen0130 posted...
AstralFrost posted...

If you're not into kid friendly games...

-Resident Evil: Revelations (No explanation there)
-Spirit Camera (A spin-off of Fatal Frame where the monsters actually appear in your room through the camera)
#50ZendaikPosted 11/19/2012 12:00:36 AM(edited)
AstralFrost posted...

Much larger JRPG library + MH4.
---
Monster Hunter Tri, Kid Icarus: Uprising IDs: Kirolos