Someone please list the ways a 3DS is better than a Vita

#51dancer62Posted 11/19/2012 12:06:20 AM
AstralFrost posted...

Regarding the games, can someone tell me what games are actually worthwhile? I was honestly looking into buying a 3DS but the region lock and general lack of worthwhile 3DS games (since I don't care particularly for Mario, Zelda) turned me off pretty hard.

3DS has the Playstation franchises that Sony alienated, like Ace Combat and Monster Hunter.

Ace Combat Assault Horizon Legacy is amazing, and I'm hoping that Monster Hunter Portable 3 Ulitimate is worth the wait for localization.
---
I'm waiting for Bandai to release the WonderSwan/SwanCrystal II and blow both the Vita and the 3DS away.
#52RED_LINK1Posted 11/19/2012 12:07:56 AM
The fact that you listed:

- children's games

means you're horribly misinformed. What on earth is a "children's game"? Things like Petz and stuff? Honestly, I don't think of Nintendo for some reason when I see those. I guess I just choose to ignore them because that's what they are.. Shovelware.

- two screens with touch (Only the bottom screen is a touch screen)

You didn't know that it only has one touch screen..?

- Mario, Zelda, Kid Icarus, none of which I care about

...Okay, here's where I think the 3DS isn't for you. List more titles you don't care about, it may be pointless for you to get one.

- can be bricked by firmware update

..What? I've never heard of this, ever.

- stability issues (eg completely wiped save games on Virtue's Last Reward, and only allows ONE save)

And here you're trying to base something about the system when it's the game cartridges fault!? Really..? (Vita one has issues too, anyway..)

So yeah, do more research, but to me it sounds like you wouldn't want a 3DS. Or you're a troll.
#53DW2189Posted 11/19/2012 12:10:25 AM
Easy, you buy a console/handheld to play games. 3DS has better games (and more for that matter), so there you have it.
---
Black FC: 4083-6888-2587
#54Infini22Posted 11/19/2012 12:21:33 AM
Games. That's about it. To be fair 3DS doesn't have that many good titles for now, but some is better than none (vita). I'm holding out on both for another year or so, but looking at it today I'm prolly getting a 3DS and skipping vita altogether.
#55L0L_FAQPosted 11/19/2012 12:31:51 AM
- 3DS has games
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC
#56popsi_netnPosted 11/19/2012 12:40:13 AM
Games ? Really ?

I bought the 3DS last spring with one game and now it's still the only game I own. There seems to be one major release every 2-3 months (New Mario 2, Layton).

For a console out for more than a year and a half, the game library is simply shameful.

I don't remember if the GBA was so slow to start but I'm getting impatient for good, exclusive games. Maybe holidays will reverse the tendence, I hope so because if it wasn't for the retro-compatibility, I wouldn't have played 3DS at all since I bought it.

I skipped the DS so there's a lot of games I can enjoy with the console but then I would've simply buy a cheaper, used DS.
#57L0L_FAQPosted 11/19/2012 12:42:26 AM
I don't really care about your opinion at all, but

User Name popsi_netn
User ID 6617746
Board User Level 20: New User (2)
Awarded to users with at least 20 Karma. Can create 10 topics, 75 messages per day. Can now mark messages for moderation and view own posting history.

Also, the 3DS doesn't have devs running for the hills.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC
#58Chiron11Posted 11/19/2012 12:43:22 AM
popsi_netn posted...
Games ? Really ?

I bought the 3DS last spring with one game and now it's still the only game I own. There seems to be one major release every 2-3 months (New Mario 2, Layton).

For a console out for more than a year and a half, the game library is simply shameful.

I don't remember if the GBA was so slow to start but I'm getting impatient for good, exclusive games. Maybe holidays will reverse the tendence, I hope so because if it wasn't for the retro-compatibility, I wouldn't have played 3DS at all since I bought it.

I skipped the DS so there's a lot of games I can enjoy with the console but then I would've simply buy a cheaper, used DS.

Wait for a proper Pokemon 3DS game, sales of the 3DS will skyrocket, and due to the larger demand for games they will start churning them out.
---
Pokemon Diamond Friend Code: 0774 - 5715 - 7697
Super Smash Bros Brawl Friend Code: 1719 - 6156 - 1939
#59serenade_betaPosted 11/19/2012 12:49:55 AM
It's topics like this that make me realize why Sony fanboys exist.
They are so deluded.
---
Tried to start a blog... --> http://tdnshumi.blogspot.com/
Plans: Thoughts on Pokemon (Competitive, Random), Kid Icarus (Weapons)
#60hhjghbhghnmhPosted 11/19/2012 12:50:24 AM
Why does either have to be 'better'? Some people will enjoy a Vita more than a 3DS, and some will enjoy a 3DS more than a Vita.
Even in terms of specs, it's debatable. Some might consider the 3D thing, the downloadable GB and GBC games, and the touch screen more important than better graphics and sound. Some may think the opposite. I honestly don't care too much about either, since graphics aren't that important to me and I've got all the gameboy games I want on cartridges.
And it mostly comes down to games anyways. If the 3DS doesn't have any games you like, it's not worse, it's just not for you. Personally, since I do like Mario, Zelda, etc, I prefer the 3DS right now, but that doesn't make it better. It's impossible to argue which has the better games because that's just a matter of preference too.
Which things you like more and how much that counts are all just matters of preference. Maybe I just LOVED E.T. for the Atari. Most people think it's just an underwater trainwreck about to be hit by a nuke, but something in my brain might just make me think it's the most charming and well made trainwreck on the planet. Because of that, I might consider the Atari 2600 the 'best' system, but not everyone's going to think that, and there's no way to definitively and objectively prove it.
So basically, neither's better and there's not much point in arguing it, especially since the people vehemently arguing that one's better probably aren't ever going to change their minds.
---
Barrel!