So people here bash OOT3D for being a remake, yet praise P4G

#41Neo_PortaPottyPosted 11/19/2012 10:22:48 AM
KingJaggi posted...
Neo_PortaPotty posted...
squatch22 posted...
Neo_PortaPotty posted...
Oh i didn't realise they made entirely NEW hires models and textures for it nm. Thats sad then that my pc can get the 64 version to look as good.

Lets see a screenshot then, from YOUR PC with the game running.

When i get off work gladly. Heres a few examples though i can get a bIt better myself http://www.racketboy.com/retro/nintendo/n64/enhance-n64-graphics-with-emulation-plugins-texture-packs

Holy crap paper mario looks awesome.

Ikr you should check a tweaked skyward sword or xenoblade.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#42hello_indigoPosted 11/19/2012 10:23:07 AM
Hercik1 posted...
Neo_PortaPotty posted...
Oh i didn't realise they made entirely NEW hires models and textures for it nm. Thats sad then that my pc can get the 64 version to look as good.

You do know when your proven wrong the best thing to do is either apologize or shut up and leave not keep pretending your right.

This^

LOL I love how Neo_Portapotty just goes on and on about how it's just updated textures like he knew 100% for sure. I mean wow, how are you gonna sit there and argue about a game when you've obviously never even seen or played it yourself. Then when he's corrected, he says "Oh I didn't know". Well then why the hell were you even debating about it in the first place then if you had no clue about the game whatsoever. Lmaoz@ ignorant Sony fanboy.

Btw, there's absolutely no texture pack/emulator on the PC that can make the original OoT look as good as the 3DS' remake or even close. Get over yourself fanboy.
#43hello_indigoPosted 11/19/2012 10:27:42 AM
Neo_PortaPotty posted...

Oh wait. So you've never actually even seen or played the game, and yet you're were claiming earlier that "they only upscaled and filtered the graphics"?

Atleast look at some damn screen shots before you go pulling "facts" out of your ***.
#44Neo_PortaPottyPosted 11/19/2012 10:28:10 AM
hello_indigo posted...
Hercik1 posted...
Neo_PortaPotty posted...

You do know when your proven wrong the best thing to do is either apologize or shut up and leave not keep pretending your right.

This^

LOL I love how Neo_Portapotty just goes on and on about how it's just updated textures like he knew 100% for sure. I mean wow, how are you gonna sit there and argue about a game when you've obviously never even seen or played it yourself. Then when he's corrected, he says "Oh I didn't know". Well then why the hell were you even debating about it in the first place then if you had no clue about the game whatsoever. Lmaoz@ ignorant Sony fanboy.

Btw, there's absolutely no texture pack/emulator on the PC that can make the original OoT look as good as the 3DS' remake or even close. Get over yourself fanboy.

True i am a bit of a pc fanboy i'd much rather play games on it then my 3ds or a vita.
---
If its elitist to want decent performance, accountability, and class knowledge from the people you play with... SIGN ME UP!
#45inuyasha1031Posted 11/19/2012 10:40:39 AM
The_Djoker posted...
My biggest gripe was that a 14 year old game all spruced up was being sold at $40. Persona 4 is only 4 years old but has new content, 40 is still pricey but not a ripoff.

You act like people are forced to buy games and that every single person has played every single game ever made.

The fact that you even think Person 4 is "pricey" is just ridiculous. IT's just about a steal for the quality and content it offers. Noone gives a crap if it's 4 years old. if you've played Persona 4 and feel ike it's not worth spending money again..then *gasp* don't buy this game if you feel ripped off. I know sure as hell that someone who hasn't played it..is going to get more from $40 than they would spending $300 on other garbage games on the system.

OoT might have been $40. But honestly, it's still better than a lot of games out there. Same thing with Persona 4. In fact Persona 4 Golden is the best game on the system right now and it's not even close. I would gladly pay $60 for this game than pay even $20 for repetitive crap like Ragnarok or garbage like CODBOD

40 is pricey for a remake/port when others are going for no more than $20.
---
http://i.imgur.com/Fhluz.jpg
#46ClarkyMalarkyPosted 11/19/2012 10:41:26 AM
Neo_PortaPotty posted...
hello_indigo posted...
Hercik1 posted...
Neo_PortaPotty posted...

This^

True i am a bit of a pc fanboy i'd much rather play games on it then my 3ds or a vita.

My main gripe is that you were trying to argue that the game was a port when you hadn't even had the intelligence to research what the game actually was.

You can't debate if you don't know what you're saying, so why did you even bother in the first place?

I doubt anyone here can take you seriously now...
---
Your ugly face is starting to piss me off.
#47hotgamerPosted 11/19/2012 10:45:34 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
It wasn't a basic port, why do people have so much difficulty understand this? Compare the aesthetics of the N64 with the 3DS version, there is a huge difference. Additional content was added the Master Quest difficulty and Boss Rush.

Yes there is a difference, but not really a lot. They could have done a better job, especially with the 3d.
---
Trying to contain the chaos is futile.
#48JustPlainEvilPosted 11/19/2012 11:20:25 AM
arclouks_x posted...
Azure_lKite posted...
Who does this?
A great game is a great game, remake or not. That goes for both OOT3D and P4G.

This.

if you have fun playing, why care about others?

are we really that weak to let someone else influence our purchases simply because they say so.?
---
Touhou/MLP/Animu/Gaming Fan. PSN: MortaLPortaL SteamID:MortaLPortaL_
Phenom II X4 965, Sapphire HD6850, 8GB Gskill, BioStar A880G+, Seasonic S12II, W8.
#49KirbyIsAwesomePosted 11/19/2012 11:30:45 AM
http://digitaldailyfix.files.wordpress.com/2011/06/zeldaoot3dsvs6412.jpg

cough cough.

http://www.zeldadungeon.net/images/News/Folder/11-03-09/OoT-Comparison-10-Small.jpg

coughity cough cough.

http://www.3dsview.com/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/OcarinaofTimeComparison.jpg

COUGH COUGH VOMIT
---
DemonDog: "I'm not a fanboy"
"I insult Nintendo for making crappy consoles and whoring out mario, and praise sony systems and games"
#50hailthornPosted 11/19/2012 11:31:36 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gutCFMc5khY
---
Be warned: All of my opinions are wrong.