So people here bash OOT3D for being a remake, yet praise P4G

#81SSJ4CHRISPosted 11/19/2012 6:26:22 PM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Neo_PortaPotty posted...
aendras posted...
Actually they are both great in their own way.

Oh true though i never got the love for oot i much preffered majoras mask myself. But i felt the need to point out that oot3d WAS a port while ps4g is an extended cut. Both are good though.

By definition, OOT3D is a remake and P4G is an enhanced port.

False. OoT is more of a port. Prettier graphics doesn't make is a remake. Master Quest is not new content, it's the same content added to the package. Only Boss Rush could be considered new content on OoT's cart.
---
Pokemon White FC: 0346 8604 2225 PSN: phayro_rip
People Only Like Obama, that's the motto Romney, P.O.L.O.
#82hello_indigoPosted 11/19/2012 7:57:17 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...

False. OoT is more of a port. Prettier graphics doesn't make is a remake. Master Quest is not new content, it's the same content added to the package. Only Boss Rush could be considered new content on OoT's cart.

Wait, who said that a remake had to include new content? From what I know, a remake is when a game is graphically rebuilt for today's standards. Gameplay and everything else usually stays the same. New content MAY be added but does not have to be.

Yup, just did a definition of "video game remake" on google.

So yes, OoT3D IS a remake.
#83hello_indigoPosted 11/19/2012 7:59:58 PM
Nergy15 posted...
Neo_PortaPotty posted...
I never actually claimed it as fact i assumed it since i can do it on my pc just like you assumed i meant it as fact. Granted it still has no real new content outside of bossrush and i cant remember if the gcuve masterquest disc had that.

Actually oot3d was a port ps4g is an extended cut lots of extra content unlike oot3d

But i felt the need to point out that oot3d WAS a port while ps4g is an extended cut. Both are good though.

Yes the resolution is upscaled and filtered which i can do on my pc running it on an emulator its still just a port a good port of a good game but still only a port

For someone who "assumed" you use a lot of very definite language.

(bolding for emphasis by me)

This^

and

Pwn'd.
#84GoombaXPosted 11/19/2012 8:10:16 PM
SSJ4CHRIS posted...
Neo_PortaPotty posted...
aendras posted...
Actually they are both great in their own way.

Oh true though i never got the love for oot i much preffered majoras mask myself. But i felt the need to point out that oot3d WAS a port while ps4g is an extended cut. Both are good though.

By definition, OOT3D is a remake and P4G is an enhanced port.

False! Oot is indeed a remake. They redid all the graphics from scratch and also added new content.
P4G is an enhanced port, they didnt change anything but they did add more content.
i bought a 3ds for oot 3d and i bought a vita for P4G. BOOYAAA
---
Pro tip : Thats not how I would do it
#85kcypher2000Posted 11/19/2012 10:21:18 PM
Moral of the story is that they were both great games. Reason P4G gets so much attention is because Vita owners have nothing else to look forward too.
#86XphoenixedgeXPosted 11/19/2012 10:27:42 PM
Stay classy, Vita board.

Yeah because a few people = the entire Vita board.....

How about you stay classy and stop making useless topics like this that address the entire board on account of a few people.
#87NnamzPosted 11/19/2012 11:14:00 PM
"So people here bash OOT3D for being a remake, yet praise P4G"

Yup, just like the very same users stressing that P4G is an "enhanced port" were getting salty when the same term was thrown at Zelda last year, stressing that it was instead a full remake.

Lesson learned: Fanboys will be fanboys. Whether P4G or Zelda are remakes, enhanced ports, or straight ports, is completely irrelevant to anything other than console board wars. If they are good games, and people want to play them, its a win.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#88PincheCriaPosted 11/19/2012 11:25:54 PM
Both are enhanced ports with extra content. P4G has more extra however. Now let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.
#89tomloadsadoshPosted 11/20/2012 2:15:15 AM
PincheCria posted...
Both are enhanced ports with extra content. P4G has more extra however. Now let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

OoT3D isn't a port because it has enhanced graphics, it's a remake.
#90PincheCriaPosted 11/20/2012 2:16:50 AM
tomloadsadosh posted...
PincheCria posted...

OoT3D isn't a port because it has enhanced graphics, it's a remake.

Enhanced graphics, enhanced port.