So people here bash OOT3D for being a remake, yet praise P4G

#91IhavealotofspacPosted 11/20/2012 2:32:50 AM
please don't generalise
#92FelineCyborgPosted 11/20/2012 2:56:16 AM
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Stay classy, Vita board.

i've been browsing this board and never hardly hear anybody even talk about the 3ds, yet you feel compelled to come here and start some crap nobody here even cares about
---
Stay, go, what do I care? - Random Citizen in Oblivion
#93MidgardDragon99Posted 11/20/2012 3:23:13 AM
I would never bash OOT3D for being a remake. OOT3D makes significant improvements over OOT for the N64 and is a great title for the 3DS. Don't lump us all together like that, the trolls are the trolls, the rest of us are the "people" here.
---
3DS FC: 4639-9048-2382, Wii FC: 4558-6862-5396-5206, PSN: MidgardDragon
DD Pawn: http://game.capcom.co.jp/DD/en/pawn_detail/?pf=PS3&gid=MidgardDragon
#94tomloadsadoshPosted 11/20/2012 3:27:38 AM
PincheCria posted...
tomloadsadosh posted...
PincheCria posted...
Both are enhanced ports with extra content. P4G has more extra however. Now let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

OoT3D isn't a port because it has enhanced graphics, it's a remake.

Enhanced graphics, enhanced port.

"A port is a conversion of a game to a new platform that relies heavily on existing work and assets." this is what P4G is.

"Remakes almost always include new graphics, but may also include expanded stories, and altered gameplay, often to conform to the conventions of contemporary games or later titles in the same series in order to make a game marketable to a new audience." this is what OoT3D is.
#95blackwaltz3Posted 11/20/2012 4:29:22 AM
Lord_Vishana posted...
It wasn't a basic port, why do people have so much difficulty understand this? Compare the aesthetics of the N64 with the 3DS version, there is a huge difference. Additional content was added the Master Quest difficulty and Boss Rush.

---
Trying is the first step towards failure.
PSN ID: Nieds
#96Chaos_MissilePosted 11/20/2012 4:43:26 AM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#97Chaos_MissilePosted 11/20/2012 5:09:30 AM
tomloadsadosh posted...
PincheCria posted...
tomloadsadosh posted...
PincheCria posted...
Both are enhanced ports with extra content. P4G has more extra however. Now let's all hold hands and sing Kumbaya.

"A port is a conversion of a game to a new platform that relies heavily on existing work and assets." this is what P4G is.

"Remakes almost always include new graphics, but may also include expanded stories, and altered gameplay, often to conform to the conventions of contemporary games or later titles in the same series in order to make a game marketable to a new audience." this is what OoT3D is.

I'm sorry...but how is P4G, aside from having extra music and enhanced graphics, having an extra 15 or so hours worth of gameplay, 50% more VA, 25% more story, 25% more modelling, plus about a dozen or so extra features, be considered a "port"

While OoT3DS, which primarily has enhanced and retouched graphics, some extra touch screen controls and a few extra features that could be found in the other versions, be considered a "remake"?

OoT3DS is a FAR CRY from what you considered a "remake" which P4G pretty much fits.

I smell severe OoT fanboys in this topic and they disgust me. They probably rank up thre together with Naruto, FFVII, CoD and Sonic fans as one of THE worst fandoms in existence.
---
Action speaks louder than words. But words, when used right, overwhelm any action - Me, 2006
Let's put a smile on that face - The Joker, 2008
#98Nergy15Posted 11/20/2012 8:36:33 AM
Chaos_Missile posted...
tomloadsadosh posted...
PincheCria posted...
tomloadsadosh posted...
PincheCria posted...

I'm sorry...but how is P4G, aside from having extra music and enhanced graphics, having an extra 15 or so hours worth of gameplay, 50% more VA, 25% more story, 25% more modelling, plus about a dozen or so extra features, be considered a "port"

While OoT3DS, which primarily has enhanced and retouched graphics, some extra touch screen controls and a few extra features that could be found in the other versions, be considered a "remake"?

OoT3DS is a FAR CRY from what you considered a "remake" which P4G pretty much fits.

I smell severe OoT fanboys in this topic and they disgust me. They probably rank up thre together with Naruto, FFVII, CoD and Sonic fans as one of THE worst fandoms in existence.

How about settling for the fact they are BOTH remakes and maybe stop worrying about fandoms you aren't part of or interact with.
---
u wot m8
#99badboyPosted 11/20/2012 1:04:18 PM
Semi45a posted...
To a true SMT fan all Persona games are overrated, especially 3 and 4.

Actually even in Japan, the other games are far more popular and more well-received than Persona.
#100MegaMettaurPosted 11/20/2012 1:08:18 PM(edited)
I bash OoT3D for being OoT, and not a better game like Majora's Mask or A Link to the Past.
CrystalKing5426 posted...
Neo_PortaPotty posted...
aendras posted...
Actually they are both great in their own way.

Oh true though i never got the love for oot i much preffered majoras mask myself. But i felt the need to point out that oot3d WAS a port while ps4g is an extended cut. Both are good though.

By definition, OOT3D is a remake and P4G is an enhanced port.

And by definition, both games are enhanced ports.
---
Now Playing (VITA): Ragnarok Oddysey, DJ Max Technika Tune (soon) PSN: Roksor.
Now Playing (PC): TalonRO