Nihilistic: We don't sleep at night. We weep and stab ourselves in the eyes

#1bano123Posted 11/19/2012 10:35:31 AM
Classic, Nihilistic

https://twitter.com/DunHiLa/status/268569888799485952

LOL such win!
#2yankee6903Posted 11/19/2012 10:36:29 AM
They must have done this during dev. Making a great game is hard to do when you dont sleep and cant see.

I TEASE
---
PSN: nightshade6903 GT:nightshade6903
I am not a Republican or a Democrat, I am a conservative
#3CrystalKing5426Posted 11/19/2012 10:37:59 AM
Still preferable over playing one of the games they've made.
#4The_DjokerPosted 11/19/2012 10:41:54 AM
Seriously people need to understand something about games development. I worked as an interim for this online flash development company and while it's nothing compared to making games for consoles. There's deadlines, there's budgets and there's a level of work that needs to be done by a certain time. there's also projects that need to be complete to satisfy users.

My take is that Nihilistic are still new to the PS vita system. they probably have a small team and VERY LITTLE time to work on their games. If CODBOD had a 6 month cycle then it's not suprising the game turned out to be ****.

I blame Sony for CODBOD. Not Nihilistic. I can never blame the actual developers. Developing games is much harder to do these days which means it requires more time and effort. Unless you're making $10 Iphone games it's much tougher to make the games you want.
---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png
#5BossBangPosted 11/19/2012 10:42:03 AM
awesome post. lol
---
(On Resident Evil Revelations)
"4/10. The campaign was great, but the originality to Raid was stolen from Pokemon..." -CPU-Z
#6yankee6903Posted 11/19/2012 10:46:23 AM
The_Djoker posted...
Seriously people need to understand something about games development. I worked as an interim for this online flash development company and while it's nothing compared to making games for consoles. There's deadlines, there's budgets and there's a level of work that needs to be done by a certain time. there's also projects that need to be complete to satisfy users.

My take is that Nihilistic are still new to the PS vita system. they probably have a small team and VERY LITTLE time to work on their games. If CODBOD had a 6 month cycle then it's not suprising the game turned out to be ****.

I blame Sony for CODBOD. Not Nihilistic. I can never blame the actual developers. Developing games is much harder to do these days which means it requires more time and effort. Unless you're making $10 Iphone games it's much tougher to make the games you want.

What? How can you not blame the devs? Even if Sony gave them a short deadline, they down own the devs. I get a short timeline all the time at work and if my results are bad, its on me.
---
#7IamHydrogenPosted 11/19/2012 10:50:52 AM
I doubt Activations or Sony was like, hey you have to make these games (resistance and cod) or else. I would say that Nihilistic bid to be able to make those games since they are high profile franchises. And in that proposal I am sure they made statements about how they were qualified to make these games and most likely underbid the project so they could get it. No wonder they are exiting the Vita business, who would pick them to develop anything now. I actually bought the Vita in anticipation of COD on the go, after reading the reviews, I passed. Luckily some great games have come out and PS+ is making it worth the money. Some devs are great at taking other's work and porting it faithfully, and then you have the Nihilistics of the world. You get what you pay for.
#8The_DjokerPosted 11/19/2012 10:55:50 AM(edited)
=From: IamHydrogen | #007
I doubt Activations or Sony was like, hey you have to make these games (resistance and cod) or else. I would say that Nihilistic bid to be able to make those games since they are high profile franchises. And in that proposal I am sure they made statements about how they were qualified to make these games and most likely underbid the project so they could get it. No wonder they are exiting the Vita business, who would pick them to develop anything now. I actually bought the Vita in anticipation of COD on the go, after reading the reviews, I passed. Luckily some great games have come out and PS+ is making it worth the money. Some devs are great at taking other's work and porting it faithfully, and then you have the Nihilistics of the world. You get what you pay for.

I don't know. I doubt Nihilistic are that dumb. Incompetent and inexperienced maybe but outright stupid? i don't think so. They would have known what it takes to get a good product out there in that time period,

Or I have another theory. Nihilistic are just trolling Sony.

---
#9yankee6903Posted 11/19/2012 10:54:56 AM
The_Djoker posted...
The_Djoker posted...

What? How can you not blame the devs? Even if Sony gave them a short deadline, they down own the devs. I get a short timeline all the time at work and if my results are bad, its on me.

Making a game isn't the same as writing a report. A game of that magnitude requires several people working on it together and building several different parts of the game at once.

A 6 month time scale would mean that they would have to get the game running and designed to a satisfactory standard. NOw CODBOD is playable, has a few gtiches but is playable. Campaign is an hour or so long and MP is the same as the consoles but obviously much weaker in terms of gameplay and controls.

If they had another 6 months they could have

- Created a far more extensive SP camapaign. Even if it's 3-4 hours longer they could have added mroe stuff
- polished the game more and have better Ai/design
- created a more robust online system with more content.

You're not giving anyone a chance when you give them 6 months to create a AAA title.

Yes you are, they could say no.
---
#10The_DjokerPosted 11/19/2012 10:57:13 AM
The_Djoker posted...
The_Djoker posted...

Making a game isn't the same as writing a report. A game of that magnitude requires several people working on it together and building several different parts of the game at once.

A 6 month time scale would mean that they would have to get the game running and designed to a satisfactory standard. NOw CODBOD is playable, has a few gtiches but is playable. Campaign is an hour or so long and MP is the same as the consoles but obviously much weaker in terms of gameplay and controls.

If they had another 6 months they could have

- Created a far more extensive SP camapaign. Even if it's 3-4 hours longer they could have added mroe stuff
- polished the game more and have better Ai/design
- created a more robust online system with more content.

You're not giving anyone a chance when you give them 6 months to create a AAA title.

Yes you are, they could say no.

and then do what? they've been given a major franchise, tbh might have been by choice. But they must have told Sony that they want certain amount of money, and Sony just tuned around and said " ake this game with this and release it by this time. That is a part of the contract.

They had no choice.
---