I think the Vita is in trouble with the Wii U

#31__starsnostarsPosted 11/19/2012 7:46:54 PM
I still love my Vita, and I hope we get more steam with sales and competitive games...

I wish. <_<
---
That's our bones in the dust shining like the sun
We were golden We were golden We were golden
#32zeplin1180Posted 11/19/2012 7:54:44 PM
^^^
yeah, simply because the WiiU's controller looks like a portable "system" (even though it is a controller) similar to the Vita, it doesn't mean they are in fact similar products sharing the same specific market serving the same exact needs.

yes the WiiU can be played "as if" it is a portable gaming machine, but you have to be near the console unit so it can stream the content to the device.

if you could take the WiiU with you where ever you go (bus, train, etc.) then you would somewhat have an argument. although even then it would be a pain in the arse having to drag along a home console with you everywhere just so you can look as if you're playing a portable gaming system.

considering another possibility, if you could take the WiiU controller with you when you go 'out' and still play games as long as you have a steady wireless connection to the Internet so that the game can be streamed to the controller using a 'remote play' feature, you would again begin to have an argument. but once again, even in that case you'd have to either be constantly connected to the net using a 3G paid service, or stay stationary in a place that offers free wifi.

both of the above scenarios, while they still provide portability-like options, ultimately remove the very true meaning of playing a game on a machine that is COMPLETELY portable.

so as people have already stated, it still comes down to...

WiiU = home console

PS Vita = portable console

they both will serve their own unique purpose and people will continue to buy them for those specific purposes...period, end of story!!!
#33Oni_TaedoPosted 11/19/2012 8:19:00 PM
fourgigman posted...
Does the Wii U gamepad fit in your pocket?

No, but it DOES have games worth playing.
Something the Vita sorely lacks.
---
If you have accepted Kenshiro as your lord and savior, and are 100% proud of it, you are already dead.
#34RicardoSForeverPosted 11/19/2012 8:20:18 PM
I'm not sure if you guys can't read, didn't understand, or are trolling cause TC is talking about the Wii U. Most of you guys can agree that a handheld is just as good at home, as it is on the street. Even if you can't play with gamepad on the Go, you can still use it at home, when somebody else is watching TV, using the same TV for another console, when you to the bathroom or even when you want to just relax, and lay on the bed while playing.
This is what TC means by Vita is in trouble. It will become a console only for street use, if one as both of them, since Wii U game versions will always be better.
---
If this world was noob free; than nobody could laugh at least once!
#35thenoobdestroyePosted 11/19/2012 8:22:35 PM
people comparing the Vita a handheld to the wii u?
we've gone through this already,its apples and orange.
also shouldnt you people be fending off the trolls rampaging on the wii u issues?
#36DemonDog666Posted 11/19/2012 8:37:38 PM
Wow TC isn't smart at all, handicapped I would even say.

It's not the same game tc, if you placed a turd with a cod sign sticking out of it on the wiiU would you say the wiiU sucks?

well you probably would.
#37DunGoofdPosted 11/19/2012 8:42:45 PM
RicardoSForever posted...
I'm not sure if you guys can't read, didn't understand, or are trolling cause TC is talking about the Wii U. Most of you guys can agree that a handheld is just as good at home, as it is on the street. Even if you can't play with gamepad on the Go, you can still use it at home, when somebody else is watching TV, using the same TV for another console, when you to the bathroom or even when you want to just relax, and lay on the bed while playing.
This is what TC means by Vita is in trouble. It will become a console only for street use, if one as both of them, since Wii U game versions will always be better.

Exactly, but these guys are the same people who still have trouble accepting that smartphones and tablets are competition to the Vita and 3DS.
#38rocklobtserPosted 11/19/2012 8:47:13 PM
The only thing Nintendo killed Sony on is remote play.
---
http://img600.imageshack.us/img600/3301/dc909217f6c3033f5b6ce5d.png
#39NotCeoPosted 11/19/2012 8:56:38 PM
While the OPs point is a bit ludicrous, the Wii U may be a major obstacle for the Vita. JRPGs (and other niche Japanese games) have yet to move on from the PSP/DS. When they finally do, it'll be between the 3DS, Vita, and Wii U as the new JRPG king.
#40mike_411Posted 11/19/2012 9:39:54 PM
Oni_Taedo posted...
fourgigman posted...
Does the Wii U gamepad fit in your pocket?

No, but it DOES have games worth playing.
Something the Vita sorely lacks.

What!?
I completely disagree.
---
"Peace is trolling!" Mentality of Gamefaqs mods
-Blazblue Chrono Phantasma! :D