I think the Vita is in trouble with the Wii U

#41Darkriku666Posted 11/19/2012 9:45:58 PM
Darkriku666 posted...
foxgamer92 posted...
NIS is still on board and Gods Eater 2 is coming out on the Vita. I'll still be enjoying the Vita for a while.

And I will too, but here's what will happen :

Call of Duty, Wii U or Vita ? Wii U .

Assassin's Creed : Wii U (Even though Vita version is different)

It's third party support, again, that will suffer. This is what the Vita is lacking... Sony games will be a no brainer for me, but when I have options, Wii U will take the win.

You clearly have no idea how this works.

I do, you just didn't read my post right .... I do a lot of gaming at home, portable. Very hard to reserve a TV .

You're suggesting that a home console is going to effect the third party support of a handheld console that has a different target audience.

What WILL hurt third party support for the Vita is a rival handheld with a larger install base and phones and tablets that a person can develop for with very little cost
---
Of course, if being better than your own photocopies excused bad behavior, your ass wouldn't have gotten fired after last year's holiday party.
#42ThundarPosted 11/19/2012 9:55:32 PM
Remote play is a fad that apparently Sony isn't putting all that much thought into and Nintendo is jumping on board with "Hey, let's let them play games meant for the big screen on a much smaller screen in the palm of their hands!" while forgetting the fact you are still tethered to the home console.
---
Vita FEB Get! PSN = Qwid
100% Complete~ SSD, Rayman Origins,Unit 13, Uncharted, Gravity Rush
#43Darkriku666Posted 11/19/2012 10:38:45 PM
Remote play is a fad that apparently Sony isn't putting all that much thought into and Nintendo is jumping on board with "Hey, let's let them play games meant for the big screen on a much smaller screen in the palm of their hands!" while forgetting the fact you are still tethered to the home console.

At 10 feet away mind you. I was excited for the feature thinking I could keep playing when my brother went to sleep but the only thing from that distance is other bedrooms for me
---
Of course, if being better than your own photocopies excused bad behavior, your ass wouldn't have gotten fired after last year's holiday party.
#44RicardoSForeverPosted 11/20/2012 5:31:54 AM
DunGoofd posted...
RicardoSForever posted...
I'm not sure if you guys can't read, didn't understand, or are trolling cause TC is talking about the Wii U. Most of you guys can agree that a handheld is just as good at home, as it is on the street. Even if you can't play with gamepad on the Go, you can still use it at home, when somebody else is watching TV, using the same TV for another console, when you to the bathroom or even when you want to just relax, and lay on the bed while playing.
This is what TC means by Vita is in trouble. It will become a console only for street use, if one as both of them, since Wii U game versions will always be better.

Exactly, but these guys are the same people who still have trouble accepting that smartphones and tablets are competition to the Vita and 3DS.

Whoa, wait a second that's two different things. The whole play games anywhere at one with a console is okay, but don't compare smartphones to handhelds. Completely different things. Smartphones can't give you the same gaming experience as a console, handheld or home.
---
If this world was noob free; than nobody could laugh at least once!
#45kjellboyPosted 11/20/2012 5:39:40 AM
Oni_Taedo posted...
fourgigman posted...
Does the Wii U gamepad fit in your pocket?

No, but it DOES have games worth playing.
Something the Vita sorely lacks.

What!?

All the GamePad does is being used as a secondary screen in games. Also functions as: Webcam with mic, stream gamescreens of the television onto the GamePad when or if your mom/wife/girlfriend/boyfriend/husband/dad wants to watch something else on the TV and much more. But does not function as a portable game console. +++

All Vita can do is play portable games, watch movies, play music, watch pictures, and when the update or DLC for LBP2 comes, function as a secondary screen. +++

Noticed something here?

Playstation Vita - A handheld game console

GamePad - A game controller with a screen for Nintendo Wii U. Cannot be taken with you on travels as a portable game console.
---
(Steam: lordkjellboy)(PSN: KingKjellboy)(Xfire: kjellboy)(Gamertag: Lord Kjellboy)
#46Raven-ZPosted 11/20/2012 5:48:16 AM
I think the Wii U is in trouble with the Wii U.
---
PSN/GT/Steam: Ravendust
Reviews are a metric of quality. Sales are a metric of popularity.
#47OMG_A_PONYPosted 11/20/2012 8:36:39 AM
the vita is already outdated....it had its time to shine and it just flopped. the wiiU will be getting all the attention for xmas and next year as well. the vita is just pointless IMO. no reason to even have one at this point.

hope this helps
#48carsaucePosted 11/20/2012 9:02:15 AM
For me at least....

Let me tell you that at first I didn't mind COD for Vita, then I started to get bored with it...fast.

In comes the Wii U.. bought one on a whim yesterday, and now I'm playing COD on the gamepad..... WOW, what a difference.

Sony is in big trouble. I am not saying this to rub it in or cause commotion on the board, but it's true. I have a Vita with about 10-12 games, and I know the Wii U is going to be my choice for games now...

I understand some people want the Vita for a completely on the GO scenario, but I play a lot at home (in bed while wife watches TV) .

I still love my Vita, and I hope we get more steam with sales and competitive games...

LOL of course, and here we go with the WII U now.
---
Someday, someone will walk into your life and make you realize why it never worked out with anyone else. -anonymous
#49DemfcanePosted 11/20/2012 9:05:24 AM
i went to the store to buy a Wii U for my daughter since she has a Wii, I turned right back around when i saw the 299.99 and 399.99 price tags. We only paid 100.00 for her Wii.
#50DunGoofdPosted 11/20/2012 4:12:31 PM
DunGoofd posted...
I'm not sure if you guys can't read, didn't understand, or are trolling cause TC is talking about the Wii U. Most of you guys can agree that a handheld is just as good at home, as it is on the street. Even if you can't play with gamepad on the Go, you can still use it at home, when somebody else is watching TV, using the same TV for another console, when you to the bathroom or even when you want to just relax, and lay on the bed while playing.
This is what TC means by Vita is in trouble. It will become a console only for street use, if one as both of them, since Wii U game versions will always be better.

Exactly, but these guys are the same people who still have trouble accepting that smartphones and tablets are competition to the Vita and 3DS.

Whoa, wait a second that's two different things. The whole play games anywhere at one with a console is okay, but don't compare smartphones to handhelds. Completely different things. Smartphones can't give you the same gaming experience as a console, handheld or home.

Thank you for confirming that you too are one of those "people". No one is talking about the differences, I'm talking about competition, and yes smartphones and tablets are definitely competition to the 3DS and Vita.