I think the Vita is in trouble with the Wii U

#51360pagesPosted 11/20/2012 5:43:44 PM
Which is odd since the 3DS is still selling rather well, as much as the Game boy advance, Sony is really the only one feeling the heat really badly, and that is due to their own stupidity
---
Black Friend code 5457 8868 8614
Brawl friend code 1205-6397-3466
#52wartpigXPosted 11/20/2012 5:47:09 PM
putting a vita inyour pocket isasking for a broken stick. andthe zip up hard case is huge. my friends wife calls it my purse when i bring it over.
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money
#53Sami1000Posted 11/20/2012 6:28:32 PM
anthonymacc posted...
For me at least....

Let me tell you that at first I didn't mind COD for Vita, then I started to get bored with it...fast.

In comes the Wii U.. bought one on a whim yesterday, and now I'm playing COD on the gamepad..... WOW, what a difference.

Sony is in big trouble. I am not saying this to rub it in or cause commotion on the board, but it's true. I have a Vita with about 10-12 games, and I know the Wii U is going to be my choice for games now...

I understand some people want the Vita for a completely on the GO scenario, but I play a lot at home (in bed while wife watches TV) .

I still love my Vita, and I hope we get more steam with sales and competitive games...

On scale 1 to 10 How good would you say that COD looked on wii u gamepad compared to uncharted golden abyss on vita?
#54AdultNinja21Posted 11/20/2012 6:31:17 PM
TheExiled280 posted...
Benzychenz posted...
fourgigman posted...
Does the Wii U gamepad fit in your pocket?

The Vita sure as hell doesn't.

Then stop wearing skinny jeans

Lmboooo!!!
---
XBL GT: ChopperCity84 PSN ID: ChopperCity22 Wii-U ID: ChopperCity84
"You can pay for school, but you can't buy class." - Jigga
#55Rickoon5Posted 11/20/2012 6:40:33 PM
wartpigX posted...
putting a vita inyour pocket isasking for a broken stick. andthe zip up hard case is huge. my friends wife calls it my purse when i bring it over.

LOL, so that's why Vita isn't selling well. C'mon Sony! Make it look like a gun case or something! Wait...that's a bad idea...
---
"I'll do whatever it takes."
#56wartpigXPosted 11/20/2012 6:45:21 PM
Rickoon5 posted...
wartpigX posted...

LOL, so that's why Vita isn't selling well. C'mon Sony! Make it look like a gun case or something! Wait...that's a bad idea...

lol inorite. small price to pay for two analogs tho.
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money
#57Kyoshiro12345Posted 11/20/2012 6:49:27 PM
Benzychenz posted...
fourgigman posted...
Does the Wii U gamepad fit in your pocket?

The Vita sure as hell doesn't.

dang, you got small pockets x.x
wear man pants
---
Screenshot it or it didnt happen.
#58LeichtspeedPosted 11/21/2012 7:27:20 AM(edited)
anthonymacc posted...
love the jeans spin on my thread lol .

Doesn't anyone play their Vita at home?

Who bought Call of Duty for it ? I will never touch my vita copy again after the U experience...

TC, I am in the same boat as you. I have a wife and two young babies, I never have the TV anymore and the only time I get to play games now is late at night laying in bed or on the couch.

I bought a Vita (after contemplating a Wii U) to get a console-like experience with something I could hold in my hands, since I just don't have the opportunity to sit down at the TV and play anymore. After a lot of disappointment, I was holding out hope for Black Ops to be the game that would answer my prayer.

But after playing BO: Declassified, I was sorely disappointed. It's the best handheld CoD, to be sure, but it's not even close to the real thing. After seeing the FULL version of BO2 streaming on the Wii U gamepad screen, I immediately realized that I bought the wrong system and it slapped me in the face something fierce.

I am currently saving up for a Wii U, the first game I'll be getting is Black ops. Once I have it, I have to wonder what would compel me to play the Vita anymore, since the Wii U will deliver the experience I was looking for, a full console experience in my hands laying on the couch, with no TV necessary.

I don't blame anyone but myself, Expensive lesson learned.

BUT... regarding the thread topic, I don't believe the Wii U will pose a direct threat to Vita, merely due to the fact that this is a console vs. a handheld. Each has a niche to fill, and each does it well.

Gamers like you and I are in the minority, most people play their Vita on the go and have a console for when they want to sit at home. The ones like us who need a handheld console experience at home exclusively should definitely choose a Wii U, but again, we are the exception.

---
The reaper is always just a step behind me...
#59FayeLadyPosted 11/21/2012 7:25:14 AM
Topic makes no sense. Vita was clearly in trouble before the Wii U.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#60OMG_A_PONYPosted 11/21/2012 9:44:11 AM
i think the wiiU is going to steal all of sony's thunder (again).