Sony pushing ps plus(2.0), thats not gonna get new users,

#1birdfartomatoPosted 11/19/2012 11:47:14 PM
Yeah great for the the owners already but it's nothing you can advertise at Walmart or GameStop so all this work going into making current users happy(about 1.5 million us) when time could been spent working with dev, or marketing to appeal to more gamers out there. I can tell you give it about 2 weeks people here will be tired of ps plus and it's "free games" and crappy %20 off deals to where you'll see post once again about " where are the games ? Ps plus is nice and all but I want new games". .......plus there isn't enuff ps vita games to keep you tain for over 2 weeks"

Soooooooooo am I right?

( I'm sure all the trolls have me ignored so this should be a good debatable thread)
---
Wooo Oboma won, ha ha not middyboi. Now no ur roles and shut your mouf for another 4 years you roooooody booooooos. U mad bro
#2ArcXenosPosted 11/19/2012 11:48:33 PM
They will get 1 month subscription from me .

If the next month they push out more PSP or Vita games , they will still have me.
#3Darkriku666Posted 11/19/2012 11:52:44 PM
Well as you said, it's for existing users. They make a decent profit off of PS+ I'd imagine so it's understandable why they'd want to push it
---
Of course, if being better than your own photocopies excused bad behavior, your ass wouldn't have gotten fired after last year's holiday party.
#4AjescentPosted 11/19/2012 11:59:21 PM
Long live the good deal PS+ and all who purchase her.
---
Waiting patiently for UnKarted to be announced since 4-Dec-2009
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Ajescent
#5XaeroGravityPosted 11/20/2012 12:07:02 AM
I'm a PS Plus subscriber without a Vita, but the offerings currently available have actually pushed me into buying a Vita. Can't wait!
#6NnamzPosted 11/20/2012 12:11:03 AM
XaeroGravity posted...
I'm a PS Plus subscriber without a Vita, but the offerings currently available have actually pushed me into buying a Vita. Can't wait!

And this is your answer TC. Look at Sony's message. Look at Sony's ads. They want the PS3 owner to get a Vita, and that's the entire reason they are pushing this so hard. A PS2 owner with playstation plus can buy a Vita bundle right now (either COD or Assassin' Creed) then have an instant PS+ Vita library of 5 games, without spending any extra money. That's incentive.

Sony has to focus on getting their userbase buying Vita's. They have failed to do so thus far.
---
PS3/Vita ID: Nnamz <-- Please message before add. Otherwise will not accept.
3DS Friend Code: 3780 - 9095 - 9402 <-- Inbox me your FC.
#7birdfartomato(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 12:13:11 AM
XaeroGravity posted...

Good response.

Ok yeah I imagine this will track about 3 out of 20 guys as I'm sure you done your research or a gamer so you're up to date on such news.. But soccer moms? Lil Johnny ? Or the high school kids? Those are the guys you want to attract in some kind of way as I'm sure you can gain about 4 million users from these groups. Over a period of 2'years since this is Sony we're talking about.
---
Wooo Oboma won, ha ha not middyboi. Now no ur roles and shut your mouf for another 4 years you roooooody booooooos. U mad bro
#8AjescentPosted 11/20/2012 12:19:43 AM
I'm guessing Sony's plan all along is to get all ps3 owners to buy Vitas.

Making it that you buy a ps3 version and you get Vita's for free and adding ps+ to vita encourages ps3 people to get one...

It's worked for me.

I'm ps3 only with ps+, was planning to get a vita when persona 4 came out in the uk but this ps+ offer has made me change my mind.
---
Waiting patiently for UnKarted to be announced since 4-Dec-2009
http://us.playstation.com/publictrophy/index.htm?onlinename=Ajescent
#9NotCeoPosted 11/20/2012 12:24:22 AM
Pushing PS+ won't make certain groups buy a Vita, but it'll likely work on a good amount of current PS3 users. Plus it should increase the number of PS+ users, because if you own both systems, PS+ becomes a no brainer.
#10kesslersyndromePosted 11/20/2012 12:28:36 AM
Honestly, it's the best place to start for Sony.

All they have to do is push out existing games to current PS3 owners and boom, their Vita base is much greater, leading them closer to critical mass. The Vita hasn't received much word of mouth, so anything to guarantee more sales is a plus. And given that the system has no killer apps in the foreseeable future, it's not like there's any good way to appeal to the general public anyway.