Well, now NEAR sucks even more.

#1shrimpdoodPosted 11/20/2012 8:19:14 AM
I can't even see anyone NEAR me anymore. Well, that's no fun.
#2DOAsaturnPosted 11/20/2012 8:22:50 AM
Yeah what happened with that? It used to be fun to check out the range of gamers nearby and what they were playing...was it a privacy issue?
---
weekendroady.com
#3shrimpdood(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 8:26:08 AM
I suppose it was, but that was the only cool thing about the app. See what people are playing and drop them a message here and there.
#4YarottPosted 11/20/2012 8:29:29 AM
I think the App said it was moved to "Friends".
---
Throughout Internet History, there weren't any Ganons or Zeldas, only Links.
The Official Stiltzkin of all boards
#5shrimpdood(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 8:35:46 AM
No, I think that's "friend activity" that moved to friends. Speaking of the friends app, they really need to integrate "friends" and "group messaging" into one app. It's annoying to have to switch between the two apps and see the damn grey connection box pop up a million times every time.
#6nokboyPosted 11/20/2012 8:51:33 AM
It's working fine for me. I tried near last night after the update and again just now and I see that the interface has changed, but all the people that showed up on the radar before are still there now. In fact, there is one new person that showed up this morning.
---
Not changing sig until zombie apocalypse.
#7shrimpdood(Topic Creator)Posted 11/20/2012 10:07:07 AM
Oh cool! Well, I wonder what I'm doing wrong, then. :\
#8wartpigXPosted 11/20/2012 10:14:30 AM
works better imo. and you can still see the players near you. a notification pops up saying new players nearby. hit that and poof player radar. just play with it a bit. also clickng on any game on the homepage opens it up also. question is dose it hold more than 5 gifts
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money
#9wartpigXPosted 11/20/2012 10:18:53 AM
also i have seen alot of new vita owners showing up. only had 3 till the week RO hit. now it picks up 18 within a half mile. i also live in a small town 45minutes from kansas city. so to have this many new owners out here tells me the vita is finally getting momentum.
---
PSN- WartPigX
Karma is just fun money
#10nokboyPosted 11/20/2012 10:34:15 AM
shrimpdood posted...
Oh cool! Well, I wonder what I'm doing wrong, then. :\

I have noticed in the past that if I have not played a Vita-only game in a while (like when I'm playing a lot of PSP games), near goes into anonymous mode and won't show anyone on the radar. To get around that, I just pop in a Vita game for a moment, exit the game and then try near again. I'm not sure if this will help you or not, but maybe it's worth a shot.
---
Not changing sig until zombie apocalypse.