After 2.0 update cannot connect to psn...

#11mjnoir1Posted 11/21/2012 11:04:21 AM
Ive had no problems. Connected instantly after update.
#12Joy_A(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 11:05:21 AM
Also wanted to add that I have tried all the tricks on the net with regards to sorting this out such as:

Deleting and saving my wifi settings again
Restoring my vita
Manually editing the DNS settings

Any other tips for people who may have been able to overcome this would be greatly appreciated.

PS. Apps that do not work for me as of this moment are the PSN Store, Facebook, YouTube (although it did work briefly but not anymore).
---
Macbook Pro Retina
2.3GHz Core i7, 16GB RAM & 2GB nVidia GeForce GT 650m
#134R3GPosted 11/21/2012 12:53:54 PM
Joy_A posted...
The issue hasn't resolved....the store is updated and I've downloaded my free games using my ps3 and then transferred to my vita that way.

My router is the same as it was before v2.0 and I can still connect to the net and use the browser.

Anything that requires PSN login fails by being timed out and my original posts error code pops up. I have worked out that its the v2.0 firmware messing up with the router as I managed to log into my PSN account on my vita by tethering to my iPhone so the vita store is working here in UK/EU.

Hopefully there will be a v2.01 VERY VERY soon to sort this issue out ASAP!

I have exactly the same issue that you. I have played with the router trying to solve this but nothing solve this, the vita work fine if I connect in other access point.
#14Joy_A(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 5:47:21 PM
4R3G posted...
Joy_A posted...
The issue hasn't resolved....the store is updated and I've downloaded my free games using my ps3 and then transferred to my vita that way.

My router is the same as it was before v2.0 and I can still connect to the net and use the browser.

Anything that requires PSN login fails by being timed out and my original posts error code pops up. I have worked out that its the v2.0 firmware messing up with the router as I managed to log into my PSN account on my vita by tethering to my iPhone so the vita store is working here in UK/EU.

I have exactly the same issue that you. I have played with the router trying to solve this but nothing solve this, the vita work fine if I connect in other access point.

Seems that I have managed to sort out the issue for myself and I hope that you guys can get it sorted the same way. This is what I done:

Firstly I rebuilt the database for the vita - turn off the vita, turn back on while holding PS button and R button at the same time. You get a message saying it may take a few hours (took a few minutes).

Should this not do the trick the next thing to try is the following:

Go to Network -> WiFi settings -> check the following boxes have ticks = Display wi-fi settings automatically and disconnect wi-fi connection automatically.

Having done the following I have no issues with the net OR the psn.

Fingers crossed for you guys/gals !!
---
Macbook Pro Retina
#15RsilensRPosted 11/21/2012 6:14:15 PM
Joy_A, I don't know which of your suggestions worked since I tried both before testing, but my problem is solved. I can finally play online and download from the PS Store again, thanks a lot.
---
The facts expressed in this post belong to everybody, the opinions to me. The distinction is yours to draw.
#164R3GPosted 11/21/2012 6:26:40 PM
Joy_A posted...
4R3G posted...
Joy_A posted...

Seems that I have managed to sort out the issue for myself and I hope that you guys can get it sorted the same way. This is what I done:

Firstly I rebuilt the database for the vita - turn off the vita, turn back on while holding PS button and R button at the same time. You get a message saying it may take a few hours (took a few minutes).

Should this not do the trick the next thing to try is the following:

Go to Network -> WiFi settings -> check the following boxes have ticks = Display wi-fi settings automatically and disconnect wi-fi connection automatically.

Having done the following I have no issues with the net OR the psn.

Fingers crossed for you guys/gals !!

OMG!!! you are right, great help pal; it works for me too.

It was not so big of problem after all. Thanks joy_a
#17Joy_A(Topic Creator)Posted 11/21/2012 6:35:15 PM
Your welcome guys. Glad it worked out!
---
Macbook Pro Retina
#18SuperstarX16Posted 11/23/2012 6:48:43 PM
Joy_A posted...

This is what worked for me. Not sure what the core issue is, but this got me connected to PSN again.
#19Joy_A(Topic Creator)Posted 11/24/2012 4:07:38 AM
Looks like Sony is pulling out v2.01 and while they havent mentioned THIS specific issue (only something about cloud saves) i'm hoping it will be sorted out either today/tomorrow when its released..
---
Macbook Pro Retina
#20Spetsnaz420Posted 11/24/2012 4:28:13 AM
Anytime you update the firmware and it doesn't work as expected its best to do a database rebuild...good on you TC for figuring it out...I've known many PS3 owners ready to throw theirs out when a rebuild fixed everything.
---
Life is far too short to live for the reactions of others. True happiness is found within...try looking there first.
PSN: Spetsnaz420