You'd be a FOOL not to subscribe to Playstation Plus...now.

#101The_DjokerPosted 11/21/2012 10:33:08 AM
is GTA VCS worth it?
---
http://s12.postimage.org/8orxdffrv/ps4golden.png
#102DemonDog666Posted 11/21/2012 10:43:44 AM
BIGFELLAH26 posted...
"Example of the extremely picky gamer I described in my last post."

I honestly really hate dumb idiotic comments like this. Just because I don't want to pay $70 for a service where I can download a game I don't want free of charge that makes me an extremely picky gamer? DON'T be an idiot. I already stated I did purchase a subscription a couple of years ago and I was disappointed by it and don't want to be disappointed by that again. If your little pea sized brain can't understand that, then I'm sorry that you're to dumb to understand. If you get good use out of it good for you. Don't go around calling me extremely picky just because I didn't get any good use out of it.

I'm not saying you are picky because you don't like the service I'm saying you are picky because you had psn+ for a year and said and I quote "there was absolutely nothing I wanted in the year I had subscribed for."

psn+ gave out like 50 games around that period you are describing across all genres, if there really was absolutely noting you liked I'm sorry but you are extremely picky. But like I said one of the valid reasons not to get plus is you are a picky gamer.

FayeLady posted...
People still don't understand that many of us have no interest in renting games at all, at any price. I don't want to pay forever for something I could just as easily own outright, and even sell when and if I like. This is complicated by the fact that they aren't even willing to give you a choice of game you rent.

Even a far as subscription services go, the deal isnt grand. I can subscribe to netflix or gamefly this month and have access to the full thing. If I were to subscribe to Plus this month i only get what was offered this month. So even If i were into renting games, this service would not be very appealing.

Netflix costs 12 times as much as psn+ and games are alot different then movies.
#103mike_411Posted 11/21/2012 10:55:13 AM
Shame people hate Sony soo much they can't see the many benefits.
Ah well, stay hateful bros! I'm off to play jet set radio!
---
"Peace is trolling!" Mentality of Gamefaqs mods
-Blazblue Chrono Phantasma! :D
#104CLOUDSTRlFEPosted 11/22/2012 3:25:56 AM
mike_411 posted...
Shame people hate Sony soo much they can't see the many benefits.
Ah well, stay hateful bros! I'm off to play jet set radio!

Well I agree on that quote lol
#105jorgestevensonPosted 11/22/2012 5:37:55 AM
PS+ was tempting but overall I decided not to do it. I play my Vita for maybe 15 hours per month, so it's not like I'm gaming all the time. Right now I have a backlog of 4 games (P3P, Uncharted, Disgaea, and Mortal Kombat).

I decided against PS+ because (a) I prefer to buy, not rent, and (b) the selection of games is likely to be different from the games I actually want.

I'm worried about the game selection. The only upcoming Vita games I'm for sure going to buy are P4 Golden and the FF10 remake. And I know each of these games is going to take upwards of 50 hours to beat, which is about 6 months of Vita game time for me. So, unless those 2 games were both guaranteed to be part of PS+, it doesn't really make sense for me. And by the end of those 6 months, I'll likely have another specific game that I'm interested in, rather than a smorgasbord of mildly appealing ones.

I think PS+ makes sense for (a) people who own both a PS3 and a Vita, and (b) people who will play lots and lots of Vita games. For casual Vita-only users, I don't think it's worthwhile.
#106shadownet_46Posted 11/23/2012 12:14:03 AM
enkeixpress_ posted...
They're only 'free' for as long as you keep paying for your PS+ subscription. The moment your membership ends & you cease paying, they're no longer yours to play.

You are merely renting these titles.

Renting them for free....indefinitely.

I like the sound of that.
---
PSN: Shadownet46
Xboxlover2(Moderator): "I don't even play video games that often"
#107xfactorPosted 11/23/2012 12:19:36 AM
shadownet_46 posted...
enkeixpress_ posted...
They're only 'free' for as long as you keep paying for your PS+ subscription. The moment your membership ends & you cease paying, they're no longer yours to play.

You are merely renting these titles.

Renting them for free....indefinitely.

I like the sound of that.

Too bad you ain't renting them for free here though.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#108DemonDog666Posted 11/23/2012 12:29:33 AM(edited)
jorgestevenson posted...
PS+ was tempting but overall I decided not to do it. I play my Vita for maybe 15 hours per month, so it's not like I'm gaming all the time. Right now I have a backlog of 4 games (P3P, Uncharted, Disgaea, and Mortal Kombat).

I decided against PS+ because (a) I prefer to buy, not rent, and (b) the selection of games is likely to be different from the games I actually want.

I'm worried about the game selection. The only upcoming Vita games I'm for sure going to buy are P4 Golden and the FF10 remake. And I know each of these games is going to take upwards of 50 hours to beat, which is about 6 months of Vita game time for me. So, unless those 2 games were both guaranteed to be part of PS+, it doesn't really make sense for me. And by the end of those 6 months, I'll likely have another specific game that I'm interested in, rather than a smorgasbord of mildly appealing ones.

I think PS+ makes sense for (a) people who own both a PS3 and a Vita, and (b) people who will play lots and lots of Vita games. For casual Vita-only users, I don't think it's worthwhile.

This is an example of a person who doesn't have much time to game, which is one of the two reasonable reasons I can think of not to get psn+ which I described earlier.

EDIT oh also I figured out why FayeLady hates psn+, and it's not a reasonable reason but it doesn't make her a troll either. She just hates all digital games for no good reasons.
#109CompassPosted 11/23/2012 12:42:27 AM
It's amazing how effectively marketing has brainwashed some of you to the point you literally don't know what the word "free" actually means.
#110L0L_FAQPosted 11/23/2012 1:26:07 AM
>Pay for PS+

> THESE GAMES ARE FREE!!1!!11!
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC