You'd be a FOOL not to subscribe to Playstation Plus...now.

#111Erupt50Posted 11/23/2012 1:33:44 AM
jorgestevenson posted...
PS+ was tempting but overall I decided not to do it. I play my Vita for maybe 15 hours per month, so it's not like I'm gaming all the time. Right now I have a backlog of 4 games (P3P, Uncharted, Disgaea, and Mortal Kombat).

I decided against PS+ because (a) I prefer to buy, not rent, and (b) the selection of games is likely to be different from the games I actually want.

I'm worried about the game selection. The only upcoming Vita games I'm for sure going to buy are P4 Golden and the FF10 remake. And I know each of these games is going to take upwards of 50 hours to beat, which is about 6 months of Vita game time for me. So, unless those 2 games were both guaranteed to be part of PS+, it doesn't really make sense for me. And by the end of those 6 months, I'll likely have another specific game that I'm interested in, rather than a smorgasbord of mildly appealing ones.

I think PS+ makes sense for (a) people who own both a PS3 and a Vita, and (b) people who will play lots and lots of Vita games. For casual Vita-only users, I don't think it's worthwhile.

Well yeah I think it's pretty obvious you should only get ps+ if you have a ps3. If you do have a ps3, it's a great deal that will pay for itself within the first couple months if not sooner. The vita stuff is just a bonus that adds even more value.

That said, if you don't own a ps3 then it's not worth it.
---
PSN- Erupt50 XBL- Erupt50
#112its_mattPosted 11/23/2012 2:07:03 AM
It is good value as long as you are happy to just play the games Sony wants to give you. Some good games now but who knows what may be next and yes if you stop paying the games you were playing through the service vanish.
#113DemonDog666Posted 11/23/2012 2:07:53 AM
Compass posted...
It's amazing how effectively marketing has brainwashed some of you to the point you literally don't know what the word "free" actually means.

No what's amazing is your pathetic persistance.

How much do psn+ subscribers pay for the games? Oh right nothing, the games are free with a psn+ subscription.

And I doubt you'll understand this but any argument at all saying they are not free is making the assumption someone downloads them when they buy a subscription, something which is totally optional. So if someone buys a subscription and doesn't download any games but could for free how are the games not free? You have the subscription the cost is 0 but you don't get them unless you download them. That's not something that's being charged for.
#114L0L_FAQPosted 11/23/2012 2:54:31 AM
If you have owned a Vita since before PS+ came to the Vita and didn't already own Uncharted ,Gravity Rush and Wipeout, you're doing something majorly wrong.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC
#115xfactorPosted 11/23/2012 3:08:35 AM
DemonDog666 posted...
Compass posted...
It's amazing how effectively marketing has brainwashed some of you to the point you literally don't know what the word "free" actually means.

How much do psn+ subscribers pay for the games? Oh right nothing, the games are free with a psn+ subscription.

And I doubt you'll understand this but any argument at all saying they are not free is making the assumption someone downloads them when they buy a subscription, something which is totally optional. So if someone buys a subscription and doesn't download any games but could for free how are the games not free? You have the subscription the cost is 0 but you don't get them unless you download them. That's not something that's being charged for.

Now THIS is pathetic.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#116L0L_FAQPosted 11/23/2012 5:05:18 AM(edited)

I got my Honda Civic for free! (with my one time, lifetime subscription fee of $22000 for Honda newsletters)
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC
#117CompassPosted 11/23/2012 1:13:03 PM
Compass posted...

DemonDog666 posted...

Right on cue with a demonstration. How considerate of you, Spirit.
#118RD_21Posted 11/23/2012 1:24:18 PM
blazingsonic posted...
enkeixpress_ posted...
They're only 'free' for as long as you keep paying for your PS+ subscription. The moment your membership ends & you cease paying, they're no longer yours to play.

You are merely renting these titles.

Which is why PSN + don't appeal to me.

Do you have a Netflix account? If so fine you are consequent, but a lot of people aren't.

For me I subscribe and never let it run out so it's not a problem and if there's ever a game I REALLY want to own after having played it through I can just buy it.
#119RD_21Posted 11/23/2012 1:28:14 PM
Compass posted...

How am I brainwashed Compass? If pay for PS+ for the discount and for the cloud save so in MY case the games are free, but let's pretend that technically they are not free since I'm paying a subscription and all that, who cares? Do you say that you don't get to watch movies for free when you subscribe to Netflix?

So yeah technically speaking they are not free, who freaking cares? I pay 50$ a year and I'm getting 500$ in games. We can then enter in a debate stating that there's some games in that list I would not have bought if I had to buy them so I can scratch them but still.

Technically speaking the subscription is not free, but the games are free with the subscription.
#120CompassPosted 11/23/2012 3:26:45 PM
lmao, behold, the power of marketing.