You'd be a FOOL not to subscribe to Playstation Plus...now.

#121L0L_FAQPosted 11/24/2012 1:16:23 AM
How am I brainwashed Compass? If pay for PS+ for the discount and for the cloud save so in MY case the games are free

I paid $22000 because I like Honda's magazines and newsletter. My Honda Civic was ABSOLUTELY FREE!
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC
#122xfactorPosted 11/24/2012 1:39:40 AM
RD_21 posted...
Compass posted...
It's amazing how effectively marketing has brainwashed some of you to the point you literally don't know what the word "free" actually means.

How am I brainwashed Compass? If pay for PS+ for the discount and for the cloud save so in MY case the games are free, but let's pretend that technically they are not free since I'm paying a subscription and all that, who cares? Do you say that you don't get to watch movies for free when you subscribe to Netflix?

So yeah technically speaking they are not free, who freaking cares? I pay 50$ a year and I'm getting 500$ in games. We can then enter in a debate stating that there's some games in that list I would not have bought if I had to buy them so I can scratch them but still.

Technically speaking the subscription is not free, but the games are free with the subscription.

The game rental cost is part of the subscription fee that you paid.

Its like paying money for a night in the hotel room and then claim everything in the hotel room is free...which doesn't make sense.

"Hey the money i paid for a night in the room cost less than the bed which i will be using for the night! The bed is free!"
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#123WisconsinxpPosted 11/24/2012 1:52:42 AM
PS Plus is a rip off. I know when I bought my first year of Xbox Live, that I got to play on Xbox Live for the rest of my natural born life for FREE!
---
Pata Pata Pata PON
March the Patapon Tribe!
#124DrSnakesPosted 11/24/2012 6:32:32 AM
fools are on it again

PS+ is a scam. $50 for more worth more than gazillion dollars of content

too bad, your microsoft and nintendo does not have service like this!

oh steam
#125Semp1Posted 11/24/2012 6:37:57 AM
If you subscribe to some thing for a year that costs $50 and play and beat whole games with no replay value like gravity rush. That's a great deal. It's free. That's the end. No argument. They're giving you full games to play for free. I have PS Plus on ps3. Subscribe more for the cloud save feature. Got tons of games for free and tons of discounts others did not. I wouldn't have gotten those games or discounts unless I got Ps Plus so that makes them free.
#126xfactorPosted 11/24/2012 6:53:02 AM
Semp1 posted...
If you subscribe to some thing for a year that costs $50 and play and beat whole games with no replay value like gravity rush. That's a great deal. It's free. That's the end. No argument. They're giving you full games to play for free. I have PS Plus on ps3. Subscribe more for the cloud save feature. Got tons of games for free and tons of discounts others did not. I wouldn't have gotten those games or discounts unless I got Ps Plus so that makes them free.

Now you are forcing a full stop to this and refuses to talk about this in a mature way. You might not want to do that. Lets stop being so denial.

Its not free. You paid for the rental of the game through the subscription fee. You wouldn't have gotten these game unless you have paid for PS plus. Simple as that.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#127FayeLadyPosted 11/24/2012 7:10:51 AM
Semp1 posted...

I don't understand how you even reason that way. If I want to play Gravity Rush in a year or even in 5 years. I can pay the cost of entry then. If I like it, I can keep it forever, If I dont i can get rid of it at cost or near cost. That sounds a lot better than paying a monthly fee and hoping the games they choose to rent each month are something I want. Chances are if they are usually Sony first party titles, they wont be.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#128poolmav2007Posted 11/24/2012 9:11:09 AM
This is the reason I purchased a Vita bundle at GS on Black Friday.

It may be a rental service, but it's extremely affordable with other benefits, including deep discounts. And most other rental services require a daily fee to continue playing the game.
#129DemonDog666Posted 11/24/2012 1:19:10 PM
FayeLady posted...
I don't understand how you even reason that way. If I want to play Gravity Rush in a year or even in 5 years. I can pay the cost of entry then. If I like it, I can keep it forever, If I dont i can get rid of it at cost or near cost. That sounds a lot better than paying a monthly fee and hoping the games they choose to rent each month are something I want. Chances are if they are usually Sony first party titles, they wont be.

Until you factor in that it costs 10 more for a whole year of the subscription then one of the games would cost that you get for free with said subscription.
#130L0L_FAQPosted 11/24/2012 1:43:40 PM(edited)
Until you factor in that it costs 10 more for a whole year of the subscription then one of the games would cost that you get for free with said subscription.

Sure, but that's assuming those games are still new, priced at $50 (most Vita games are priced at $40) and you couldn't buy it used etc. All the games that PS+ is offering are already old and you can't play them past your subscription; the whole point is to get you roped into a service that costs Sony almost nothing. I can already buy Gravity Rush for about $30 and sell it for about $20-25.
---
http://i.imgur.com/vpXc3.png http://i.imgur.com/lljy5.jpg
"L0L_FAQ is one of the reasons I even read the forums any more" - CJayC