You'd be a FOOL not to subscribe to Playstation Plus...now.

#141-Equinox-Posted 11/24/2012 6:32:46 PM
So is the Playstation + Subscription debate the new fad on this board now?

Look at my sig for further hilarity on the subject.
---
If you don't subscribe to Playstation Plus, you're a troll. - Demondog666
#142xfactorPosted 11/24/2012 7:29:00 PM
RD_21 posted...
xfactor posted...
RD_21 posted...
Compass posted...
It's amazing how effectively marketing has brainwashed some of you to the point you literally don't know what the word "free" actually means.

How am I brainwashed Compass? If pay for PS+ for the discount and for the cloud save so in MY case the games are free, but let's pretend that technically they are not free since I'm paying a subscription and all that, who cares? Do you say that you don't get to watch movies for free when you subscribe to Netflix?

So yeah technically speaking they are not free, who freaking cares? I pay 50$ a year and I'm getting 500$ in games. We can then enter in a debate stating that there's some games in that list I would not have bought if I had to buy them so I can scratch them but still.

Technically speaking the subscription is not free, but the games are free with the subscription.

The game rental cost is part of the subscription fee that you paid.

Its like paying money for a night in the hotel room and then claim everything in the hotel room is free...which doesn't make sense.

"Hey the money i paid for a night in the room cost less than the bed which i will be using for the night! The bed is free!"

But the subscription is not just the "free" games, there's more to it. The games are still free if you have a subscription and if you think about it most people had PS+ for he PS3 and never subscribe for the Vita so the Vita PS+ is a bonus. Of course EVERYBODY knows the game are not free if you don't have a subscription so it's not really free, but once you have a subscription they are and even if you want to point that I'm only getting 500$ of games for 50$ and hat it's not free since I paid 50$ well go ahead.

People say that he games are free with a subscription, because it's more convenient to say than start entering dumb semantics saying that you are paying 50$ and that 50% of the value are the games, because there's also discounts, cloud saving and automatic updates. I don't see how it's so offensive for you guys to say that the game are free with a subscription, it's just the general way of calling it.

And if you really don't want to say that the games are free with a subscription, which they are, we could say that after the first 50$ of discounts and "free" games, then the others are free.

Just because renting the game within the subscription isnt the only benefit, doesn't change the point that they are not free too. It only shows that the deal is good to you...that's all. Calling them free with a subscription is just misleading.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio6
#143DemonDog666Posted 11/24/2012 7:39:59 PM
L0L_FAQ posted...
That sentence itself makes no sense whatsoever. 10 more what? I assumed you were remotely capable of intelligent thought and meant "10 times more".

I can play it play it for however long I like with only a cost differential of about 5 to 10 bucks. If I want to play it for more than 2 months, I'm going at a loss with PSN+

Let me introduce you to this new technology. It's called "not selling it at gamestop, because gamestop takes a very large portion of the final sale".

http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B0050SW1WW/ref=dp_olp_used?ie=UTF8&condition=used

I'm going to try to make some sense of this horribly mangled desecration of the English language:

"if every game I could get on PSN_ could be had by me for only a final cost of about $5, I could buy 10 games until I broke even with the costs of PS+ for a year"

Am I getting that correctly?

What if I want a game not on PSN+? What if I don't want particular games on PSN+ and I get a game one month that want to play for 3 months, but that would require me to keep up the membership for 3 months, AKA 15 dollars as opposed to the total $5 differential?

PSN+ is a good deal if

A) You definitely would play all the PSN+ games if they weren't available as part of PSN+ (in my case, I already own all three PSN+ games) so that you're getting a better net value than if you played all those games physically
B) You don't plan on only playing 1 game for an extended period of time, which would be a net loss on a per-game basis
C) All the games on PSN+ are necessarily the ones you haven't already played "which is the case right now)

10 more never means 10 times, as for what dollars, 40 (cost of vita game) + (ie more) 10 = 50 (cost of subscription to psn+). You're the one who isn't capable of intelligent thought.

No you can't, if you buy a game at launch then sell it a year (one psn+ subscription) later you CAN NOT get 35 bucks for it used.

I'm not talking about selling to gamestop, it doesn't matter where you sell it you can't get 35 for a game that launched for 40 unless you have a very stupid friend.

http://www.ebay.ca/ctg/Gravity-Rush-PlayStation-Vita-2012-/114645705
10 bucks is how much the used one is going for.

Wow you really can't read can you. No you didn't get that right at all.
#144hypermoePosted 11/24/2012 8:01:27 PM
But what if we already own the games? or have no interest in them? I was a PS+ owner for a year and had my sub till about couple months ago. since the portable seems to finally be rolling in ill take consideration about it, but this month i see no reason to get it. heck during the time i had PS+ for a year i dont think i made my month back. Of all the things that was presented i think the only thing i downloaded was Plant Vs Zombies, and even that i wouldnt count since i had already owned it on my other systems.

All in all ill just continue to wait since i can assure you if the PS+ content was like how i remembered it we wont be seeing that much good things in the course of the next year. Things go on repeat too often and that was before it hit the year mark. If you cannot have unique "new" items at least once a month they its obvious they didnt plan on this to actually do well.
---
I walk alone in the universe as the last of The Time Lords!
#145DemonDog666Posted 11/24/2012 8:05:56 PM(edited)
hypermoe posted...
But what if we already own the games? or have no interest in them? I was a PS+ owner for a year and had my sub till about couple months ago. since the portable seems to finally be rolling in ill take consideration about it, but this month i see no reason to get it. heck during the time i had PS+ for a year i dont think i made my month back. Of all the things that was presented i think the only thing i downloaded was Plant Vs Zombies, and even that i wouldnt count since i had already owned it on my other systems.

All in all ill just continue to wait since i can assure you if the PS+ content was like how i remembered it we wont be seeing that much good things in the course of the next year. Things go on repeat too often and that was before it hit the year mark. If you cannot have unique "new" items at least once a month they its obvious they didnt plan on this to actually do well.

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AguesZ0CXzHLdFdnMl9XYmJvSUlzLUFlTlRjNFk2YUE#gid=0

Only 5 items are repeated, and if you think none of those games are good you are extremely picky, and while being extremely picky is a good reason not to get psn+ don't pretend like you're not and call good games crap.
#146hypermoePosted 11/24/2012 8:14:51 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
hypermoe posted...

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0AguesZ0CXzHLdFdnMl9XYmJvSUlzLUFlTlRjNFk2YUE#gid=0

Only 5 items are repeated, and if you think none of those games are good you are extremely picky, and while being extremely picky is a good reason not to get psn+ don't pretend like you're not and call good games crap.

And out of that list of 170 items i can i own (either on the ps3 or any other console/pc) maybe 150-160 of them with the rest being iffy, or uninterested. So again tell me how will it be worth it on my end when majority of the time im going to be getting games i already own?

I'm not saying PS+ is bad. i just wish there was a way for me to actually enjoy it instead of guessing and hoping hey maybe next week/month will be better, and more often than not it isnt. Even with that i wish they did something where if a game is giving out for free they should have it at a discounted price for us to buy and keep, as one of the perks for PS+ is discounts they barely do that for decent items.

Again not saying its bad but for someone like me im not going to be getting my money worth out it, as i did last year. If they fix it to a way where its like hey it seems you have this item here's an item you dont have that maybe you would like, or discount on a vast majority of different genres maybe ill consider it again, but for the time being for me its not worth it.
---
#147DemonDog666Posted 11/24/2012 8:33:22 PM
hypermoe posted...
And out of that list of 170 items i can i own (either on the ps3 or any other console/pc) maybe 150-160 of them with the rest being iffy, or uninterested. So again tell me how will it be worth it on my end when majority of the time im going to be getting games i already own?

I'm not saying PS+ is bad. i just wish there was a way for me to actually enjoy it instead of guessing and hoping hey maybe next week/month will be better, and more often than not it isnt. Even with that i wish they did something where if a game is giving out for free they should have it at a discounted price for us to buy and keep, as one of the perks for PS+ is discounts they barely do that for decent items.

Again not saying its bad but for someone like me im not going to be getting my money worth out it, as i did last year. If they fix it to a way where its like hey it seems you have this item here's an item you dont have that maybe you would like, or discount on a vast majority of different genres maybe ill consider it again, but for the time being for me its not worth it.

If you buy that many games maybe you should be more focused on the discounts and have some self restraint and not buy games for full price the second they release.
#148CompassPosted 11/24/2012 8:48:00 PM
::has spent hundreds of hours over the past year shilling for a massive capitalist conglomerate::

::tells others to exercise self-restraint::
#149DemonDog666Posted 11/24/2012 8:54:01 PM
You know you're in the right when trolls try to attack you personally.
#150hypermoePosted 11/24/2012 9:07:33 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
hypermoe posted...

If you buy that many games maybe you should be more focused on the discounts and have some self restraint and not buy games for full price the second they release.

Who says i bought my games full price? i either way on them to go on sale, buy them used/online, or rent/borrow them. i can say that i have barely bought any new games this year there just isnt that much that sparks interest in me, or have rented them and found out i didnt enjoy it.

If anything i save money more doing what i do now instead of using PS+ since i can actually choose what games i want to rent/buy, or however you people want to say it. I dont see why you need to call me a fool for not using a service i have tried in the past and not being happy with, and decided to go another route.
---