You'd be a FOOL not to subscribe to Playstation Plus...now.

#41DemonDog666Posted 11/20/2012 10:41:21 PM
FayeLady posted...
I'd much rather wait till the games are cheap enough to buy outright. Then I can play them without subscribing to anything.

Yes because a 50 a year subscription to give you ample time to 100% dozens of games is such a rip off. Seriously are you a troll, you always rag on the vita about such stupid things you don't seem like a troll at first glance but more I see of you the more it seems like.
#42DemonDog666Posted 11/20/2012 10:45:54 PM
Halectic posted...
PS + is a rental service where Sony dictates what you are able to rent

No it's a store subscription service which gives you free games in addition to discounts and extras
#43OtakuGameraPosted 11/20/2012 10:46:03 PM
Since when were you under impression that Live was free?

sp paying for something makes it premium, interesting
---
oh admonishing melody, arise in the name of the necromancer!!! MYSTIC CAGE!!! - blast you into oblivion :P
#44FayeLadyPosted 11/20/2012 10:46:14 PM
DemonDog666 posted...
FayeLady posted...
I'd much rather wait till the games are cheap enough to buy outright. Then I can play them without subscribing to anything.

Yes because a 50 a year subscription to give you ample time to 100% dozens of games is such a rip off. Seriously are you a troll, you always rag on the vita about such stupid things you don't seem like a troll at first glance but more I see of you the more it seems like.

Yes im a troll because I dont want to pay for a service where someone else chooses why I get. I guess Im also a malcontent because I wouldn't want to pay at a restaurant where the staff chooses what I eat. Or buy a movie ticket where the theater can pick what I watch.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.
#45Jrx1Posted 11/20/2012 10:47:56 PM
OtakuGamera posted...
Since when were you under impression that Live was free?

sp paying for something makes it premium, interesting

Well we can say so. Basic=No Live. Gold=Live.
---
Official Cyrus of Pokemon Black Version 2 GameFAQs Boards
Claimed Palkia on the Pokemon Black Version 2 GameFAQs Boards
#46siberian142Posted 11/20/2012 10:51:12 PM
Verbalcody posted...
^ well you are considering wrong, and thats how they get ya

sure if you use the discounts to buy games you otherwise would have not bought you're out even more money

at the end of the year theyve sold you maybe $200 worth of crap you wouldnt buy, and its all free!!!!!

and the games you get to play you dont get to keep but thats ok cause its all free!!!

Not everybody goes on a blind spending spree whenever Sony puts up a few discounts for Plus, you know. If somebody buys a discounted game, then it is likely that that person wanted that game to start with and they would have bought it in some form regardless.

And you have to pay a subscription to continue playing Plus games. So what? You are getting a great value here. You're getting several hours of entertainment, a save cloud, and numerous discounts a month for $4. Money that might buy you lunch depending on where you went could be steadily giving you tons of different genres to try out and giving you a back log of games. Don't like it? You can cancel whenever. They're not even strict about a recurring membership and just lock them instead of removing them from your account.

People are too hung up on criticizing the service because the games are not truly free. Plus is a fantastic and very generous service that allows you to broaden your horizon and there's little downsides. Whereas you spend $20-$60 for used or new games, you get a variety for $4. It's a bit of a surprise bag and we've gotten some bad games, but we've also got plenty of good ones.
#47AalviPosted 11/20/2012 10:54:52 PM
yea it technically isn't the way people define free since it makes no sense that you have to pay first to get them if you didn't have ps plus prior.

Rent is the perfect word, there is no better way to describe it. Because by this logic when I pay subscription for a MMO, the features I get that come with it are free.

I only like that they gave uncharted and gravity rush since I was planning to buy them cheap and was already ps plus(to retrieve my dark souls save from online server).

So I have 3 months to have fun with them.
---
Check out my backlog: http://backloggery.com/aalvi
PSN ID: Aalvi-S|http://psnprofiles.com/Aalvi-S|3DS FC in Profile
#48SpotlessedenPosted 11/20/2012 10:57:17 PM
I just pay it for couple of months, beat them. unsubscribe, done
#49J_Can_ManPosted 11/20/2012 10:57:19 PM
I'm a fool.
---
You have no idea 'bout me...do you?
#50FayeLadyPosted 11/20/2012 11:00:18 PM
Aalvi posted...

Rent is the perfect word, there is no better way to describe it. Because by this logic when I pay subscription for a MMO, the features I get that come with it are free.

Much like housing rent. The month you stop paying, Is the month you lose the benefits.
---
If I support the game company, then I won't be supporting the blank DVD business.